Warbot defender?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ALEXD3498, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    I wholeheartedly recommend getting WB. He was my first third-party fig.

Critique: the transformation is hard to get used to (at least for me) and I watched many an internet video to get help on the helicopter mode. I don't like that a lot of the front of the helicopter which is held together by a complex arm transformation and relies on tension to keep it that way.

Nevertheless, this is Springer and is worth getting.

2. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    I laughed at FP Warbot concept when it was first introduced given the initial price. I started with FP City Commander when he was still at retail prices. FP announced Protector and I picked him up. Has/Tak announced Kup and Blurr and before I knew it I was hunting for Warbot and iGear Arcee to round out the whole movie crew :p  it always starts with one ...

Movie group shot in my collection thread.

3. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Even before I was sold on him I was a huge fan of the look. The transformation is kinda tricky into his helicopter mode but the robot/car-tank mode is pretty easy. Once you get past the "the arms/legs HAVE to be horizontal/vertical to make sense" mentality, you'll get there though. The thing to keep in mind for that mode is that the arms are going to be at a 45ish degree angle to line up correctly.

The only complaint I have is that the one I got is kinda loose... I think I might be able to tighten things up with some nail polish but the flap on his chest the holds his head in and his knees are pretty loose on the figure I bought.

4. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    The robot mode has slightly weird proportions and the chest has problems staying down. Also, the plastic quality is, while not fragile, still poor. Like with Animated figures, WBD's joints wear down extremely fast. Unfortunately, the plastic does not accept glue very well, so it's hard to maintain them.

The helicopter mode is sexy, the car mode is OK and the robot mode is "meh."

5. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    awesome figure, mine has been transformed many times with no looseness issues

6. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe I just got a bad run or something, cause everyone keeps telling me theirs is still nice and tight.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I'd personally say skip it. It was a nice effort and all, but take away the G1 colors and it doesn't resemble Springer too much imo. The proportions are off, it's known to have loose joints & easy breakage issues, and aesthetically I don't think it successfully matches/fits the Classics-verse stuff. With the way things are going lately, I'm sure there will be a more accurate version coming down the pipe any day now whether it's from Hasbro themselves or some other third party.

8. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

one of my Faverettes TFS of all time