Warbot defender?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ALEXD3498, Sep 10, 2011.

1. ALEXD3498

ALEXD3498 Godmaster

Hi can u guys tell me some advice on warbot defender? like if hes worth it? the transformation is hard? qc? etc. so please answer

2. ALEXD3498

ALEXD3498 Godmaster

And also how tall he is

3. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

An amazing figure that actually has three great modes. You have to look at the instructions the first couple of times. Hes about a deluxe sized figure if not a bit taller. Go to Youtube so you can see a review on the guy.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

He's about as tall as Classics Sunstreaker. He's a bit short, but I think he's worth it if you can find the right deal for him. I paid about $70 for mine last year on BBTS (used and w/o a box).

The material quality is nice, although he doesn't quite feel the same as an official Transformer. Two things to watch out for are (1) the lack of heels, which can really limit his articulation as he'll topple over quite a bit, and (2) his very thin and fragile propeller blades/sword.

But he's a great interpretation of Springer. You get three fairly solid, not to mention distinct, modes.

5. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    I'll bring YouTube to him- Vangelus Review 99 - Fansproject Warbot Defender - YouTube

There is also a thread in the feedback section, ironically enough, started by Vangelus- http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/297272-fansproject-warbot-defender.html

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Vagelus' review is what got me to buy Warbot Defender (which I ordered along with CC) and the rest of my crazy 3rd party addiction is history.

7. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    He does have that effect on people doesn't he? :lol 

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    he does indeed-in fact, Vangelus is single-handedly responsible for my third party obsession, doubt he even knows it lol. He's convined me to buy sooo many things i shouldnt have lol.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    The only thing thats hard about the transformation is positioning the arms for helicopter mode. I don't transform it often enough to remember how the go so I'm frustrated for awhile until I miraculously happen upon the correct way by dumb luck :lol 

It's a great toy though, I like the height for it, it's a large deluxe, so he looks over most of the other Autobot cars, which is perfect IMO. :) 

10. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I'm not a huge fan, I think the robot mode is flawed in the feet as the balance is very poor, and I think the head sits too far back on the torso, way behind his shoulders.
    The vehicle modes are nice, but the helicopter blades / swords are a bit weak and flimsy feeling.

Still a good figure, still a decent Springer and FP toys feel quality, a good first attempt for a standalone figure for a 3rd party. I like him, but feel he is flawed compared to how most people lurve him.

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's good if you can get one without QC problems...mine ended up horrible because his knees are extremely floppy, there's a loose pin that doesn't stay where it's supposed to go, and his shoulders are getting loose now. And some of the transformation joints are so tight you think you're going to break him the first few times.

Honestly if they re-released him with the better more official-like quality plastic they did w/ the Insecticons, no die-cast, and better QC (especially for the knees, which quite a few people other than me seem to have an issue with) I'd probably re-buy him.

His height is more deluxe sizish, but his weight (thanks to the die-cast) and transformation complexity are more similar to a Voyager.

12. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Most people seem to love it, but for a diffrent opinion:

I think he doesn't fit in that well with my classics/Chug/whatever
    jigsaw puzzle legs and the head is so far back behind the shoulders.
    Overall diffrent 'feel' to him according to me.
    It is kind of cool but sometimes I feel that maybe I shouldn't have bought it.

13. ALEXD3498

ALEXD3498 Godmaster

guys i saw all the reviews before but just wanted your opinions. and the internet personality does have an effect on people :)  thanks

14. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I feel the same way but not for Warbot, but for the Protector figure. I can't stand the head and the car sticks out to far on alt mode. He still is a good fill in for Rodimus for the classics line.

15. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Yeah. I never bought the Protector because I got similar vibes from him when I watched all those videos and pics of him.
    I bought the targetmaster though and I like him.

16. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Advice? Don't be a pussy, buy him now.

17. ALEXD3498

ALEXD3498 Godmaster

Lol

18. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    one of my favourite figures.

19. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lol  Agreed. He's a pretty awesome figure, locks together very solidly in each mode. The transformation can be pretty complex I think, especially in the arms. But he is by far the best version of Springer we've yet had.

20. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He is an awesome figure. My biggest gripe with him was his heels, they are just to small as a design flaw. If you can you should get a gundum base or some kind of posing base to get the most articulation out of him. Also there where some fan made heel add ons someone was making that was a good fix. Dunno if these are able to be tracked down anymore or not though. If its third party and its FP its an instant buy, don't question the quality just get it.