War Within?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by CyclonuS_ZerO, Jul 27, 2011.

?

Finish War Within or No?

1. YES!!! I hope they finish it!

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. YES!!! But don't think they will...T_T

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Ehhh, ends fine I think...

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. No, don't want them to finish it...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Don't really care...

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  6. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    So, IDW is apparently going to pick up the original Marvel series at issue 81; my question is how likely was it that they were actually going to continue this series after so many years? To me that seems like a shot in the dark with the gun being fired by a mute. I love War Within VERY much, so much that I finally ponied up and ordered the 2 PB Volumes of it. Now, I find it sad and almost a border line crime that this series was never finished, and with Furman going back to writing the original series, a seemingly unlikely move as I've pointed out, what are the odds that this series will be finished? I NEED to know what happens. I mean, to an extent we all know what happens, but I want the details. I want to see Prime really step up to Grimlock and show him the leader that he's going to become. I want to know just where the hell Prime and Megatron went and what happens. I want all the plot holes leading up to G1 to be filled with lush story telling. I call for a rally on this. WHO'S WITH ME!!!

2. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, not interested in the slightest!

"The War Within" was okay, but its long since past and the need to see the few remaining issues - after sampling Furman's more recent output (sorry, 21st century Furman isn't a patch on 1980s Furman in terms of skill as a writer) - has completely disappeared.

It wasn't Furman's fault, but the fact that WW had to tie in with the dreadful Dreamwave G1 series as well didn't help!

IDW has also confirmed they will not continue any of the DW stuff, and I don't blame them. Demand just isn't there, unlike with the Marvel saga.

3. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    While fun to document and explore what happened, pre-earth, I think the stories are not needed to fill out the greater TF saga.

The key events:
    Transformers - Cybertronians emerge
    The factions spilt
    Megatron rises
    Optimus rises
    The Ark leaves and there is an exodus from Cybertron
    Transforms find a new home on Earth

It kinda fits in, but doesn't add to any of these events and does not need to be continued. Let new writers and artists make their own stories.

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I'd buy it.

5. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

I'm passed the point where I care to see it finished to be honest. And with IDW having already filled in the pre-Earth stories with their own stuff, and them having stated they're not interested in DW stuff, I really don't ever see it happening.

6. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    I'd prolly buy it, but I'm not too fussed about it, to be honest.

7. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I loved DW and I would love to see that g1 book continued with the original writer. I suppose wwi was part of that too but any gaps could be filled in with flash backs.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd like it, but more so because I like the Cybertronian designs than I really want more of the story. The same old cars and planes get a little boring, alien vehicles are much cooler.

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'd rather they finish up the main arc in the regular Dreamwave books. We had Elita-1 and her group, Quintessons, and Megatron making his big comeback, not to mention Buster mass producing exosuits. I really wanted to see where that was going.

10. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I have the entire series(at least what was published obviously). I would LOVE to see them finish the series

I also really want the transformers Universe comics(http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Universe_(2003_comic)) to be finished

11. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    In a kind-of-surprise, Furman has more or less (less obviously) "finished" the series by providing the summaries of the last issues in vol.3. The series may have continued on with the ambiguous ending (not THAT ambiguous) but now we have a solid ending and now know why and how all events have transpired....still want these comics though. T_T