war within

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Grimlockprime16, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

so ive been thinkin about gettin the wwi trade for a bit now is it any good?

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    It's alright. The Prime angst may be rather familiar if you've read Marvel comics in the 80s and 90s, though. The Dark Ages might be useful if you want a story with The Fallen's longest "facetime". Nice art from Don Figueroa and Andrew Wildman.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I think you'll like it as long as you realized it's unfinished.

4. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    Did they release the truncated Age of Wrath in the TPB?

5. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You'll be lucky to find either the Dreamwave or IDW tpb for just Vol. 1 as both are out of print, but IDW did release an omnibus with both Vol. 1 & 2(The Dark Ages) just a few months ago.

Not as far as im aware, doubt there would be any point with a half finished story.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

War Within is a good read, even though it's an unfinished comic series.

Speaking of which, I sure hope they get back to work on War Within someday.

7. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

No, it's tangled up in bankruptcy court. No one can release it until the writers and artists (amongst others) get paid and there's not enough demand (read: copies guaranteed to be sold) to justify paying lawyers' and court fees on top of the writer and artist salaries to publish three issues of a comic that most of the responsible talent has moved on from. It would be nice to see happen, but it's not a realistic feat, even more so in this economy.

8. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    Probably for the best (for the reader). Most readers would not have known about Dreamwave's controversial demise and the lack of payment to writers and artists (hell, Wikipedia doesn't even acknowledge that Pat Lee had anything to do with it), so it would seem odd to release a TPB of a comic that suddenly ends with no resolution.

9. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Its worth a read mate. I preffered Vol1 to Vol2 and have not read the ill fated Vol3. It had some really good stuff and I loved the designs of the characters. Story is a little bit iffy in places though.

10. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    The War Within TPB is worth a read in my opinion. Shows a different side to Prime then I was used to at the time.

11. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    That is because Pat Lee has been know to edit his pages and anything to do with dreamwave. There used to be a lot of information on it. But it has been known to disappear. How does it do this? Well it does this because any one can edit Wikipedia. This is why it isn't a good source for reliable information. People can and have made things up, taken out negative things about them/their companies and so on. Heck Steven Colbert used to have people who watch his show put stupid things on the site just to see if they would do it. Truthiness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia