War Within toy line...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Incepticon, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Do you think there's any chance in hell that Hasbro would ever consider doing a War Within toy line if enough people asked/begged for it?

I personally gave up on the idea *until* I started seeing many of these new TF's and molds lately. For example, the Cybertron Starscream is pretty much a dead ringer for his WW design, and of course we have now the Titanium series with WW versions of Prime, Jetfire & Thundercracker.

Based on the Cybertron Starscream mold alone, with a few tweeks applied, that could essentially take care of all the Seekers. And if the Titanium molds for Prime & Jetfire were enlarged, presto, we could easily have big plastic versions of them as well.

And between all the original WW designs that Don Figueroa made for the comic series plus the 3D CGI renderings done by the guy over at Iacon City, it seems fairly possible that most, if not all, the WW characters could translate fairly well into a toy format... even just to go along with their Earth mode Classics counterparts.

I dunno, it just seems like such a wicked toy line idea with nothing but potential that I would hate to think Hasbro is going to ignore it or only make tiny 6" Titanium molds for just a small handful of random characters.

2. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

May be wicked potential. But from Hasbro's sometimes skewed logic, it may not be marketable. Hence why we only get a few random War Within characters and homages. Best of both worlds.

3. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    not unless they decide to do a cartoon based on TWW.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    What he said. People have been begging for a WWI toyline since the comic was released....I think for now, just be happy with the Titaniums and C. Starscream...I wouldn;t mind WWI homages in whatever line comes after the movie one (though I hope they continue Classics), and there's always the possibility of more Titaniums. The Fallen has been rumored to be getting a Titanium release.

5. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Titanium has a lot of war within in it. I think that's as close as it's going to get.

6. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Well, by now I'm sure Hasbro is aware that a strictly-WW line could probably support itself, seeing how well-received Titanium Optimus is as opposed to Megatron, not to mention the Classics line and the early Alternators. And I for one would LOVE to have the WW figures from the Titanium line re-cast in plastic instead of all-diecast - it would make them much cheaper, which is always a draw, plus the limbs aren't likely to be weighed down by metal, thus rendering them floppy after repeated fumbling.

BUT something tells me we're not likely to get a full-on WW line anytime soon. For starters, Pat Lee would probably look for a way to get his cut the second such a line were to be promoted, which would be another headache Hasbro doesn't want to relive, and plus the entire line would basically be one big paycheck for Don Figueroa, which I'm sure some of the other folks on Hasbro's TF design team probably wouldn't be very happy with.

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I thought people were thinking that Titanium WW Prime was sucktastic due to loose joints and sloppy paint applications?

Why would Superstar Funana demand royalties for a strict War Within line, when Hasbro seem to get away with War Within-based Titaniums just fine?

As compared to the Titaniums right now?

Why? They don't seem to have much of a problem working with him right now. Plus, even if they were involving him, they'd still need the regular Hasbro and Takara teams to make working toys out of his ideas. A good designer he might be, but I seriously doubt his concepts go straight from paper to resin prototype.

8. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good points all around Nevermore, though opinions on Tit Prime aren't negative all across the board. I'd say he's well received enough.

9. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

A completely 'War With In' line would be pretty sweet especially if they are done as good as the 'Alternators' and upcoming 'Classics' line. Of course it wouldn't be a 'main' line, but it would successfully explore one of the cooler points in the Transformers fiction.

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I think there's a very good chance in Hell that Hasbro would give us more WWI molds in Titaniums and maybe even sneak a few more WWI designs into future main toy lines if enough people asked/begged for it. A separate line, not so much.

I'm quite amazed that we've already got two super-duper fanwank lines. One of them is giving us the licensed alt-modes we begged for. The other is giving us diecast and popular characters that don't fit into new toy lines. Anything that fits into either of those is not likely to get its own line. I don't think we'll be getting fan-centric lines beyond these two in the near future :( 

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Titanium is as good as it gets for the War Within right now.

True, true, but he was relatively well received due to the fact Megatron was far inferior! Still nothing compared to these new releases (according to the Feedback that's coming up on them) but he is at least ahead of Megatron.