Customs: War Within Prime tweaks (?)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rikerwota, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I picked up War Within Prime today (super stoked because I wasn't sure we were going to be able to get them in New Zealand) and I totally loving the mould.
    The only problem I'm having is that the plastic joints just don't seem sturdy enough to fiddle around with and are constantly coming loose (especially the arms).
    I'm wondering if anyone has or had planned to do any alterations on their WWI Prime to fix those minor glitches.
    The only way I could think of making them stronger would be to add pins or snap plug like on the legs to hold the shoulders in place, or even a rare earth magnet, if that would make any difference.

Anyone else got a better suggestion?

Thanks!

2. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Titaniums would be good if they ditched the diecast. Diecast can be done well, but they've done it all halfassed backwards with the TITs. The critical components (structurally) should be diecast (like the swing bar in the 1/48 Yammies) whereas the exterior should be plastic. TITs, however, are plastic on the inside, diecast on the outside.

Unfortunately, trying to convince Hasbro to lose the diecast would be like trying to get them to ditch the powerlinx feature in Energon. *sigh*

3. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I have ne problem with my Titanium Prime. Sure a few joints are a little loose but not loose enough to prevent good poses. It pretty much just stands on my shelf in the same pose anyway. Aside from the odd time a transform him or reposition him. Maybe I got one of the better ones, 'cause I've heard lots of people complaining about them.

4. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Tits are a good idea, and I love the diecast content...I just wish the joints were up to the task of supporting all that weight. I don't feel that they have too much metal, just wimpy joints (I guess they've sort of fixed some of those in wave 2 of the 6 inchers?)

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    they definitely have. Thundercracker seems like he's from a different line he's so much better.

6. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

The joints on my Prime are fine as far as posing goes, but as a collector who likes to play around with my figures from time to time, they're just not up to par.

It's a great figure, and I fully intend to get WWI Megatron when he comes out but I hope they're a bit sturdier.

Hopefully, as Redline says, they've addressed some of those issues already.

7. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

...I wish HTS would ship my Tits Jetfire and 'Cracker already...