Digibash: War Within Grimlock Idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. This is an idea I recently came up with. It's using the TF Crossovers Hulk as a base, and with Classics Grimlock's head. The mold is better suited for an Optimus Primal bash, but this is something I can see myself doing with the mold as basically my own WW Grimlock (since we aren't getting the Titanium one). I did one with a red visor, and one with a blue visor, but if I do this, I'll probably stick with the red visor. Now that I think about it, the TF Crossovers Iron Man could make for a nice Swoop kitbash with the right head replacement (I might do a digibash of that later). Thanks for looking, and for any comments I get.

Attached Files:

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Well Raven I think both, would be the best choice. It's hard to decide though, my best bet is go with the one that is best suited for you and then customize. Besides their both badasses to me anyway with a red or blue visor. Hail Grimlock, King of the Dinobots!

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I actually really like both looks. It'll be an in progress decison on which to go with. It will also depend on what head I end up using for it (can't tell if the Classics one will fit yet or not, so I might end up using a different head). If I go with the red, it'll be because I didn't want to try to turn the red visor blue, but if I do go with the blue, it'll be because I've either decided to go ahead and try to turn it blue, or because of finding an easy way to do it. On a side note, I'll probably get at least 2, if not 3, Hulks when the come out. One to keep as is, one to kitash into Grimlock, and one to give to my cousing, who happens to be a Hulk fan.

4. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    read my mind....i had plans on doing both of those, time permitted that is

5. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Looks really good for Grimlock actually. Plus the alt-mode is much better suited to him than Primal IMO.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The molds tank mode is one of the big reasons why I decided to choose it for this digibash. I just added the digibash of the alt-mode that I just did. It works really well for him. All he really needs is a sword and a gun for his bot-mode, and he'd be perfect (weapons I'll give him when/if I do thie kitbash).

7. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love to see a digibash of what you have in mind for Swoop.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I might start on it tonight, though he probably won't have a head, as I'm not sure what head from a previous TF would work well for it.

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

SWEET!

The earlier Primal digibash suggestion was right on... if I actually cared more for Beast Wars characters, I'd even say brilliant (if not obvious).

But GRIMLOCK... now that's more my speed! This is perfect! I'd go with the red visor... it just seems more "right". With the Titanium WW Grimlock release seemingly dead, this would make a good replacement WW-style Grimmy.

The head scale however feels a bit big to me. I don't know how big these Marvel/Transformers are, but I think a smaller Grimlock head would convey a better sense of mass... this way he kind of has a "Kid Grimlock" look to him. :) 

Also, I wonder if there are any extra bits that could be added to the tank... if anything, just to give the robot mode a bit more of the "kibble" that defines the traditional Grimlock silhouette?

edit: Oh, and Swoop? Also BRILLIANT! I thought that Iron Man TF had some great potential with a head swap... but I wasn't sure who he could become, besides just another Decepticon Jet. Good call! :) 

zmog

10. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

That is an awesome idea (gonna have to try it myself). Either one would would work, the choice is up to you.

11. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Well its your call really and when Transformers Crossovers is release, well do whatever you feel doing. Besides like a said before its your idea so run with it. I'm kinda of a fan of hulk that cool of ya to give that to your cousin. Anyways this custom would be awesome to see. 'Nuff Said.

12. SMOG

Okay... so I kind of ended up doing a Swoop-from-Ironman digibash. Hope you don't mind Ravenxl7! :) 

zmog

13. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I think this is going to be a very popular bash once this thing hits the street.

14. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I like the first one, Raven. There is something cool about a red eyed Grimlock.

15. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    me grimlock smash

16. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was wondering if anyone else was thinking this as well. You might want to see what it would look like with a smaller head.

17. Warmachine

Warmachine Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    Looks pretty cool. But looking at this mold a little closer, I think it could make a nice Brawn(green colored tank):thumb  or Beastbox(purply colored tank, maybe not:thumbdown ). I always thought that Brawn should have a tougher alt mode like a tank since he is a brute of sorts. Especially with the gorilla-like arms. Kind of resembles Stockade in bot mode a little. Looks a little small for Grim though. Son of Grimlock maybe? JMO

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Just added the Swoop bot-mode digibash I did. Thanks to SMOG for the head. This is my interpretation of him. He actually looks a little playschool-ish with those colors, but Swoop has always had a different color scheme when compared to the other Dinobots. I might start on the jet-mode tonight.

19. SMOG

Nice! You added all the little extra colour touches I didn't bother with, which makes him look more complete. Good job!

The only issue I have with this is how "Starscream-ish" this deco comes out. I'm not sure what it is that makes the difference that way. Maybe the amount of blue sets off the SS-like qualities?

zmog

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. I see what you mean with the Starscream-ish look. I didn't notice that before. The canopy probably helps that a bit too. He would probably look more Swoop-ish if the canopy was remolded to look more flat, come to more of a point at the front, and also have the crest type thing at the top of it (basically make it look more like his dino-mode head). The head also has a somewhat Starscream-ish look to it, imo.