Video: War Within Episode 2, demo 1

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Black Bumblebee, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Black Bumblebee

Black Bumblebee Active Member

Hi all.

Just thought I'd throw this "in progress" video up for you to enjoy of my status on episode 2 of my War Within cartoon. Enjoy!

Oh, and don't worry... it's not another rick roll, I promise ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Black Bumblebee

comments are appreciated, so that I know that you watching, one way or another :) 

3. Mr_K

Mr_K Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey there,

I like it! Some parts of the annimation aren't as fluent as others but then some are just awesome...as in lazer beak's head when he goes to project the ark....fabulous work.

If there was to be any sugestions i would make it would be 2 things:

1 - The music over the top is a great idea, but could u maybe find some of the music used from the original cartoon to go with it as well as the clasical music of Transformers?

2 - Totally understand no voice-acting obviously....but some subtitles every now and again would be worth wild i think.

Just my 2 cents (exactly :p  )

Keep up the good work :D 

4. Black Bumblebee

Mr. K:

Thanks for your comments! Was starting to think I was in a vacuum here. Let me go ahead and address some of your points though:

1. Music: The music will obviously change in the final version. Just as in my previous demos from episode 1, the final music selection / sound f/x were provided by tfcog.com. I went with the piano version of the movie music as it was easy to edit / splice into the time allowed.

2. Subtitles: This is a demo, so it would be silly to put a lot of subtitles up, only to have to take them out in a few months time. Think of this as a comic book preview where the dialogue hasn't been added yet. The voice actors over at tfcog are hard at work on their lines, and they should be done with them long before I'm done with the animation.

I'm glad you liked the lazerbeak scene--it was one I'm still "eh" about though: Ravage's legs need some work, and there are some silly poses from laserbeak's head that just look "wrong" if you freeze them at the right point lol.

The hardest parts are probably those that look the most mundane: Ironhide's wheels took FOREVER, and Hoist's walking is the best I've gotten so far at a full walking bot (didn't have to worry about animating the arm motion to go along with it).

It'll seem a lot more fluid once the voice actors get done with their lines and I can animate the mouth flaps.

5. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Wow. Animation has improved heaps from the first one.
    Also, I can just imagine the Unicron music being used for the Fallen in Dark Ages!

Keep up the good work!

6. B.F.

B.F. Well-Known Member

Look good.
    I like it. ^__^

7. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

That music is awesome. Who played Unicron's theme on the piano? It's really good...

~Z

8. Black Bumblebee

The piano music is done by none other than Vince Dicola--its from the CD Artistic Transformation, available at Botcon several years back.

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

it was great