War Within Characters

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Autobot X, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

Is there anywhere I can find galleries of the War Within characters? I already googled...didn't see anything promising.

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

What do you mean by galleries? What sort of pics are you after - comic scans?

3. Autobot X

I guess...it's probably the only way they were ever portrayed anyway. I never got to read all the War Within stuff, and I just want to see all the designs (robot and alt modes, if possible).

Of course, the best way would be MTMTE-type bio pages with pics, but I know that will never happen.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

No, I don't think it would. Well, there are toys of some War Within characters, or at least modified versions of them (offhand Prime, Megatron, Jetfire and Thundercracker, as well as the semi-released Prowl and Grimlock), in the Titanium line, so there's a reference point to start at.
    There's also Don and Andy Wildman's design sketches from the WW and DA trades that you could check out if you can get hold of them. Unfortunately I can't scan them myself as my scanner's fragged at the mo.

5. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

there used to be a website solely dedicated to TWW... it' had scans of ALLL the characters.. i wish i could find it but i can't for the life of me. anyway, seeing as that 'universe' is dead, i look ahead to what IDW has in store. if you go to the IDW boards they have some stickies with bios and pics for every character they've introduced in their universe and a lot of the more defined TWW designs were reused in Stormbringer and the IDWverse anyway.
    http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewforum.php?f=2 <- the character files stickies

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

You forgot Starscream and The Fallen that were released in the Titanium toyline

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

No, I forgot the Fallen. Starscream was just a repaint of Thundercracker, so while Thundercracker was a (reasonably) faithful rendition of the comic version, because the comic versions had pretty different transformations the Starscream one was pretty well off-model IIRC.

Frankly, by the same token, though, I don't think the Fallen one's much cop either. Although in fairness to them on that one, there wasn't ever a proper design that showed both robot and tank modes (or at least not the same robot and tank modes) so it's not like they had a lot to work from.

8. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    The reason for that is, of course, Superstar Fan Favourite Pat Lee.

Don did the original designs for all the others listed.

9. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Pat Lee also did the War Within Megatron. Don did everything else but Megatron and Fallen.

Now the Titanium Fallen is based on Don's Stormbringer Megatron. Pretty crazy.

10. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

War Within on its way to you, Autobot X.

11. Autobot X

You see, people...this is why this is such a great fandom to be a part of!