War Within And after the end?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by MechanovaKing, Mar 9, 2012.

1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I'm not a big fan of war within. But i re-read the whole thing.
    O.Prime and Megatron feel through a space bridge portal at the start of the second chapter; the fallen came out of that some how (don't understand why).

question 1
    And then at the end of the thing, The fallen was sealed? And Unicron was signaled. But what happened to Prime and Megs?

And it's been a super long time since i read/owned Dreamwave's G1 stuff so i might be remebering some parts wrong: But the seal the Fallen was working on. Was the same kind of seal on Earth, Sunstrom died at, correct?
    question 2
    Do we know what the connection between that was?

question 3
    Simon Furman has a script of how WarWithin ended at TFcon2011. Anyone read that? Anything interesting major happen in that?

2. Spalah

Spalah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have scripts for last 2 issues. Can post a scan if you wish ;) 

3. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    na just wanted to know the point by point

4. M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Yes.

It was revealed in The Age Of Wrath: the Quintesson picked them up from the subspace. They caged Optimus and made a deal with Megatron (gave him the AE Troopers to conquer Cybertron; in exchange, they wanted the planetary core for themselves).

Mmm, it's on two different planets so I can't answer.

Sorry, I don't know.

Grimlock's resurrection: it was stated that he will be dramatically different now (thus explaining his behavior in Prime Directive, I think).
    The revelation that Grimlock's lineage stems from the Thirteen.
    Optimus Prime's return. Scarred, traumatized. He faced Megatron once more. The energy ogf Primus moved from Grimlock to Optimus, healing him.
    I think Magnus was non exactly happy to have to go back in the shadows.
    The Quintesson plan fails and the planetary core is not removed from Cybertron... thanks to Starscream!
    Flash dies in the effort of revealing the truth about the Quintesson invasion.
    The Decepticons revolt against Megatron, when they learn that he made a deal with the hated Quintessons.

5. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    "Grimlock's lineage" Does it explain how transformers reproduce? I don't understand how they can have lineages.

Why did star scream save the day? Why would he even care about that?

Who's Flash?

6. M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, but I suppose it's the same G2 process, which fairly allows for a lineage concept, although not exactly like ours.

Out of pettiness and vengeance: he thought he was ruining Megatron's plans, when he destroyed the Quint mechanism which was forcibly extracting the planetary core.

The Turbomaster who got stranded on Quintessa in AoW #3.

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The "Ultimate Guide" published at the time spelled this out a little more clearly. When they were defeated by the other twelve members of the Thirteen back at the dawn of time, Unicron and The Fallen were cast into a black hole. Unicron emerged in another universe, but The Fallen got stuck in-between dimensions. When the Transformers pierced interdimensional space with that first spacebridge test, The Fallen was freed.

Rather, Unicron was *not* signalled. The Fallen's plan was to open the seal and awaken the sleeping Primus, which would allow Unicron to detect him, and thus learn the location of Cybertron. The area was surrounded by that forcefield, preventing Unicron from detecting Primus as he awakened just long enough to zap The Fallen. Unicron was later alerted to Cybertron's position thanks to Shockwave's fiddling about with the Matrix in "War and Peace".

No, we never found out what the deal was, or even if they were supposed to be connected or not. My personal theory was that the seal and the purple goo in the Earth had something to do with Unicron - the energy signature they were giving off was said to be similar to that of Scourge, and when Sunstorm - full of the power of Primus - took a dunk in it, the two energies interacted and destroyed him, and I figured the power of Unicron is the only thing that would react so violently with the power of Primus.