War of the Supermen

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, May 6, 2010.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    anyone reading this quick event? i'm really digging the process of how its happening, with all Super books on hiatus for the month, and each issue coming out weekly... seems like so cool stuff could happen... and i've been reading more and more Super titles since Johns came onto the book a few years back, and this story feels like the culmination of everything he set in motion by getting all the titles back together in a cohesive manner...

after reading the first issue, i can't believe
    they blew up New Krypton!!! wtf... its barely been around, and now its gone... i'm sure lots of Kryptonians are still around though... Supergirl was right at ground zero and was alive still, so it couldn't have been that bad... right? still pretty damn crazy though... can't wait for this 100 minute war to continue next week...

2. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I really wanted to pick this one up but I've been skipping all the New Krypton stuff because Blackest Night was the priority. I'll either get the trades or go find the back issues, but I'm really interested in how this plays out.

3. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I thought it was pretty good too. I started reading Superman with the world of New Krypton stuff, so it's cool to see how it ends.

I did think that the art on the book was a little lazy though. When Supergirl was crying, some of her tears were squares for crying out loud!

4. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, i'm surprised about the art... i was expecting good quality art like supergirl and superman, but the same team is not doing a good job... oh well...

i've been loving all the build up to this, but i'm worried about what'll happen when the creative teams change later... i may drop the books depending on what happens... and i may even go back and sell all the comics (except for ones Johns wrote) since i doubt i'll go back and read them all again...

5. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So since New Krypton blew up, does this give the DCU a whole new batch of Kryptonite since Superman and Batman went through the planet and took all of it and threw it into the sun and the nanomited it out of the atmosphere?

6. Lumpy

News Credits:
    it could... but i kinda hope not... i like that Kryptonite is rare... though i do love all the different kinds...

7. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

i was wondering about that too, but Supes and Kara seems unaffected as they flew through the sea of green rocks so i'm thinking no.

8. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I happened to be driving past my LCS and decided to pop in and pick this up (I needed a new Sinestro ring too, so two birds...). As for Supergirl's square tears, I just thought that they froze because they're in space.

9. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I'm actually excited about the new creative team on Superman. I like Strazynsky (I don't know if that's spelled right or not), so I'll pick it up. If it's no good, I won't get any more than the first story arc.

10. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I am glad they blew up New Krypton. Superman was supposed to be the last son of Krypton. It added to his angst and loneliness, yada yada yada. Slowly they brang forth a few more Kryptonians, but then they bring back EVERYONE? Come on.

11. Lumpy

News Credits:
    it wasn't everyone... it was the bottled city of Kandor, which was removed from Krypton before it was destroyed... so it made sense... i actually liked it alot, it was fun to see more stories of Krypton life...

12. lifedragon99

lifedragon99 Well-Known Member

I read it and liked it. I hope Kara goes ape shit on Lex or General Lane for the destruction. I mean like Superman in Final crisis after finding Batman's Corpse angry.

The New Krypton Series was also pretty cool. Since Blackest Night I find i read a lot more DC and less Marvel.

13. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Thank you! I am so glad I am not alone in that.

14. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Pretty much, I don't see why people get so crazy over an idea that been with Superman since the late 50s. It was about time that someone did something with Kandor other than as a prop inside the Fortress.

15. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I usually don't pay much attention to the Superman titles, but I'm keeping an eye on this story just in case a certain Cyborg turns up for this War of the Supermen (not likely, but hey...). The FCBD issue of WotS was pretty bad though, IMO, so I can't see picking this up unless Henshaw does make an appearance.

16. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Can General Lane just freaking die please?

17. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    The squares was because supergirls tears were freezing in space.