War of the Ages

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by ShockSound, Aug 10, 2011.

1. ShockSound

ShockSound Member

Hey guys, it's ShockSound, and this is my first post. My fanfic is my reimagining of the Bayverse. So its' a new story, but all the same designs. It begins on Cybertron and tells the story from there. So here's my War of the Ages prequel.

The Rise of Megatron, Part One.
    Sentinel Prime looked down to his two children, Optimus and Megatron. He sighed, being promoted to Prime meant there was less time to spend with them. "Sentinel!" Sentinel jolted to attention as Ultra Magnus walked towards him. "I don't recall giving you the order to leave your post. You're a Prime now, you can't just go disobeying orders." "I was only here to see my children, sir, with all this responsibility, I- I never get to see them anymore." Ultra Magnus struck the floor with his hammer. "Enough, Sentinel PRIME, you have an elevated duty now." "But sir-" "But nothing Sentinel. Come, we will leave now. And if I hear one peep out of you, I'll have you demoted!" Sentinel Prime bowed his head. "Yes, Ultra Magnus," He muttered, and followed.
    -Years later-
    Megatron walked with his brother Optimus as they rounded the corner to the Iacon main hall. "Father will be so pleased to learn I've mastered flight!" Optimus looked at his excited brother, "Yes, but it's a shame your aim isn't as good." Megatron punched him in the arm, "And what of you, taking a car form? Was this for speed, or to impress that Elita-One girl-" Optimus tackled Megatron mid-sentence. "At least I can talk to a girl, unlike you, who nearly spews Energon." Megatron and Optimus laughed on the stairs, but their laughs were cut short. "ENOUGH!" The hall doors slammed open and Sentinel Prime fell on his back, with Ultra Magnus looking over him. He grabbed him by the neck and pulled him close. "I have had enough of your 'suggestions.' We will not deal with these rebels peacefully! If they wish to follow the Fallen's word, then we shall obliterate them!" "Please Ultra Magnus, not in front of the kids!" Ultra Magnus slammed Sentinel Prime on the stairs again. "NO! Look children, this is what real failure looks like. Your father's vision of peace, will get us all killed. Sentinel, you have been banished, your rank has been stripped. Get out of my sight." Sentinel got up slowly and led grabbed Optimus and Megatron by the shoulder. Megatron glared at Ultra Magnus until he walked back into Iacon Main Hall and slammed the doors behind him. His anger was still there as Sentinel pulled him towards home.

2. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    interesting opening ! could improve on spacing though : )

3. ShockSound

ShockSound Member

Alright, I was too excited, so here's another update, also thank you to ARCTrooperAlpha

The Rise of Megatron, Part 2

Megatron pased back and forth outside his home. "Calm down brother," said Optimus worriedly. "How can I? You saw what Magnus did to father, how can we ever look past that." "I'm sure whatever he did, he did it for a reason." "LIAR!" Megatron lashed out at his brother, knocking him down. "Brother!" Optimus looked to Megatron in horror. Megatron quickly turned to leave. "Where are you going?" Megatron looked back to his brother. "I'm going to find The Fallen, I'm going to make Ultra Magnus pay!"

-Aboard the Nemesis, The Fallen's ship-

The Fallen turned in his seat. At this rate, his takeover of Cybertron would never happen. Just as he was thinking of new ways to recruit, he heard a yell. "Lord Fallen!" The Fallen spun around to see an eager Starscream. "What is it Seeker?" "Soundwave has picked up an incoming jet, what shall we do?" "Get Soundwave on the line, hurry fool!" Starscream fumbled, but just as Fallen was about to lose his temper, Soundwave's voice crackled over the intercom. "Hail Lord Fallen." "Enough, who is this jet that dares to approach my vessel?" "It is Megatron sir, son of Sentinel Prime." The Fallen sat back in his chair. A son of a Prime would dare to challenge him on his own ship? His thoughts were interrupted by a reluctant Starscream. "Shall I blow him out of the sky?" "Silence, Seeker, I want to kill this one myself. Let him aboard." He stood in his chair watching as the door to his command room opened and Megatron walked in. The Fallen was surprised to see him bow before him. "You dare mock me?! You are brave son of Sentinel Prime, for I shall blow you to slag. What are you here for, speak now, for my patience with you grows thin!" Megatron looked up at the Fallen. "I want to kill Ultra Magnus."

4. ShockSound

ShockSound Member

And now, the thrilling coclusion to the prequel. Hope you guys liked it, please leave feedback.

The Rise of Megatron, Part 3

The pillar next to Optimus exploded. He fell and grunted. It had been weeks since Megatron had run away. All of a sudden all of the Autobots had defected to the Decepticons. Then when all seemed at its worse, the Decepticon ships descended on Iacon. They used captured Autobot vessels during their starting assault, but as the Autobot defenses waned, the Seekers struck, clearing a place for The Fallen's flag ship to land. When the Autobots were able to amass a counterattack, it was too late. The Nemesis lowered itself, casting a twisted, pointed shadow. The Fallen had come to take Cybertron.

-Iacon Main Hall-

Ultra Magnus grasped his hammer as he screamed orders into the comm-link. "This is worse than the Quintesson invasion!" The screams of Seeker missiles reverberated through the Main Hall through the hole in the roof. Magnus sighed and went back to shouting orders. Just then Sentinel came over the comm-link. "Sir, I've reached the Allspark. It's- It's beautiful." "Yes, yes, just launch it, I don't want The Fallen or your SON to get their hands on that." "What about the Matrix, sir?" "The Matrix is safe with me, Sentinel, Magnus out." Ultra Magnus sighed, but spun around when he heard a knock on the door. Magnus grabbed his hammer as the door burst open and multiple Decepticon protoforms stormed in. He wildly swung his hammer, attempting to hit them all as they fired at him. He reached for his cosmic rust cannon, but the ground beneath him began to split. Magnus readied his hammer while still reaching, but he wasn't fast enough. The scorpion-like creature stabbed it's rotating claw into his arm. As Magnus tried to swat it off, it stabbed its tail into his eye. Magnus screamed in pain, giving the scorpion enogh time to spin the claw lodged in Magnus' arm, ripping it out of it's socket. Magnus roared and threw the Scorpion to the floor, but before he could bring his foot down on it, it launched a cluster of missiles at his chest. This distracted Ultra Magnus long enough to let the scorpion escaped. "Medic! I need a medic! NOW DAMMIT!" "I believe that wont be necessary, Ultra Magnus." He turned around to see Megatron standing in the doorway to Iacon Main Hall. "You'll pay for what you did to my father!" He roared and extended his hand into a whip. He grabbed him by the wound in his chest and pulled him towards himself. "Get, OVER HERE!" Magnus screamed in pain and anger and rushed Megatron with his hammer. "You pathetic old fool," Megatron grabbed where his arm used to be and whipped him around so his back was to the doorframe. He clapped his hands together and to Ultra Magnus' horror, it grew into an Ian Cannon. "Goodbye, old friend." The blast knocked Ultra Magnus backwards and onto the steps. "You still function, Magnus?" Magnus spit at him, "I'll never let Iacon fall to you, Decepticon scum." "Pity," Megatron said picking up Ultra Magnus' hammer, "I would have loved to have you live long enough to eat this words. With that, Megatron swung with the hammer into Ultra Magnus' chest, extinguishing his spark.

Optimus ran to the steps of Iacon Main Hall, after he had been told by Mirage that Ultra Magnus had fallen. He saw his body and knelt beside him. "Optimus, my boy, is that you?" "Yes, sir, it's me. Hold on, I'll get you help." "No, no it's much too late for me. The only thing keeping me alive is the Matrix, and I want you to have it." "But, sir-" "No buts, take it soldier, that's an order!" Optimus took the Matrix from him, and he fell dead. "I will avenge you, Ultra Magnus, not for the bot that you were, but for the leader you were."

The battle raged on into the night, and with Optimus Prime leading the fight, along with his father, Sentinel Prime, they managed to push the Decepticons back to the Nemesis. The Fallen emerged from his ship furious and grabbed Megatron by the back of the neck. "What is this?!" "Optimus Prime is too powerful a leader!" "Enough," growled the Fallen, "Order them back to their ships." Megatron sent the signal and the Decepticons obeyed, but the Autobots pushed on. The Fallen grabbed his staff and jumped onto the battlefield. As he was about to strike down an Autobot, he noticed the crowd splitting. "Megatron! What is the meaning of this?" "I have no clue, my liege, I thin-" Optimus Prime tackled Megatron and punched him. Sentinel was right behind him and he held Megatron down. The Fallen knocked both Sentinel and Optimus back, and retreated up the ramp of the Nemesis. "You lose Primes! We have destroyed Iacon, and Soundwave and that miserable old seeker Ransack have found us a new planet to conquer!" The Fallen laughed as Sentinel got up and screamed, "This is for Ultra Magnus!" The Fallen didn't see the shot until it was too late. It dug into his side and he fell backwards as the ramp closed. The cosmic rust ate away at The Fallen's armor. "I need help! Someone, help me!' The medic rushed forward, but stopped dead when he saw Megatron glaring at him. "Leave him. He's not a leader. He is an egotistical coward. Screaming he will never run but running scared after a couple of Primes show up. And not to mention it was your gloating that left you open to defeat. All of you, listen, I lead the Decepticons now!" The Fallen clutched at his growing chest wound. "No, I still function!" Megatron stomped down on The Fallen's chest. "ALL HAIL MEGATRON!"

5. AutobotDefender

AutobotDefender The Last Prime

That was very interesting. :thumb 

6. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:
    Indeed ! Very in the spirit of Megatron !

7. ShockSound

ShockSound Member

Hello everyone, I'm back and I have to thank you people for reaching 100 views and thanks to AutobotDefender and ArcTrooperAlpha for the comments. Hope you've ll enjoyed it, now, without further adieu, I present the next installment in the (no longer prologue) series.

After the Storm

-Megatron's Log 1-

"The Fallen is in stasis lock, being held on spark support on the deepest levels of the Nemesis, where no one can get to him. I don't need him attempting to hold a coup. Not when my plans are so far. I've appointed Starscream to second-in-command, promoting Jetfire to the leader of the Seekers. The remaining Decepticon fleet has regrouped on one of the moons of Cybertron. and we began our escape. Soundwave's reconnaissance has found a primitive planet from where we can begin to plan the fall of the Autobots. I've sent Shockwave to scout ahead and allowed him to continue his work on re-engineering Cybertronian wildlife. Starscream doesn't trust Shockwave, something about him being to inteligent, about serving only logic, but I am hesitant to believe Starscream. I only gave him this position to shut him up. I've had Soundwave keep an eye on him, just in case. In time maybe I'l learn to trust him, but I can't take the chances now."

-Optimus Prime's Speech to the remaining Autobot forces-

"My fellow Autobots. I come here today on the aftermath of the Decepticon attack on Iacon. An attack that left many of our friends, and our leader, the great Ultra Magnus, offline. However, all hope is not lost! We have beaten back the Decepticon forces, forced them to flee, and killed The Fallen. The we mourn for the many dead and we rebuild our great city, we must not forget what happened here. The Elite Guard and innocent bystanders alike massacred by the Decepticons. Today is not only a day of victory, but one of remembrance. My friends, however, that is not the worst news. The worst news is that the Decepticons are still out there, and even though I just became leader, I must leave. I am leaving the role of Prime on Cybertron to my father, Sentinel Prime. If you wish to join me on The Ark, then come see me in the Main Hall, where I will be stnding vigil over Ultra Magnus."

8. ShockSound

ShockSound Member

Hello readers, I apologize for not posting recently, school's got me tied down, but I found free time to write. But I think I may have jumped the gun a tad bit so I present you with the Vector Sigma Database Files.

Database File: Ultra Magnus

Trademarks: Hammer, Cosmic Rust Cannon

Magnus was a soldier on the front lines during the Quintesson War, he was hastily given the title "Ultra" (The Autobot who holds this rank is tasked with managing the Elite Guard, protecting Iacon and the council of elders, and acting as 'mayor' of all Autobot city-states) after the past one was killed. After the Quintessons defeated he Cybertronians in the war, Ultra Magnus started an underground resistance movement known as the Autobots. With Ultra Magnus' pseudo Elite Guard and then-Prime Zeta and his forces, they overthrew the Quintessons and took back Cybertron. Once the war was over, Ultra Magnus ruled quietly in Iacon until the rise of an opposing political party. These "Decepticons," claiming they were being backed by one of the origina Transformers, known as The Fallen. Skirmishes flared up between the Autobots and Decepticons, but that was ended in the Siege of Kaon. At this point the Autobots and Decepticons called a truce, and Cybertron was carved up between the two. However, Ultra Magnus' partner who had become his closest friend, Zeta Prime, had been mortally injured. The up-and-coming medic named Ratchet was able to patch him up, but not enough. Zeta Prime's health deteriorated as he slowly died. He took a great disliking to Zeta's eventual replacement, an Allspark guard named Sentinel, considering him an opportunist. When Zeta finally died, Ultra Magnus grew angry and bitter. He stood by his comrade's corpse until the 5-Solar Cycle ceremony was finished. When the ceremony ended, Ultra Magnus laid his hand o the coffin and famously stated "Til' all are one."

9. ShockSound

ShockSound Member

2 things before I start my newest database entry.First is sorry for an irregular posting schedule, and second, this is no longer a movieverse series, but an original series. I'd draw characters, but I can't draw for my life, so just imagine. Without further adieu, the newest database entry!

Database File: Primus and Unicron

The facts about these two have been blurred over time, seen now as super-beings with godlike powers. The truth is the brothers Primus and Unicron were the first Transformers created by the Quintessons as war tools. Primus was the scientist, while Unicron was the warrior. The two were to be able to scan enemy vehicles and twist themselves to hide amongst the enemy until it was too late. But Primus was shocked on a Quintesson mission when they destroyed an entire planet and its robotic race. Primus learned there his ability to create from destruction and rebuilt the race and named them the Junkions.After that it was just a matter of time. Primus stood in wait, building himself a titanic body made from the waste of the Quintessons. Once he had built his planet-sized body, he started the process of merging his spark with the planet. Unicron, however, had followed his brother and when he witnessed his brother, he knocked the connection away. Luckily for Primus, the connection was mostly done, unfortunate, however, was the power Unicron absorbed. Unicron absorbed the power to create, and in a jealous rage, he did what he was meant to do, he destroyed. Unicron returned to the Quintesson world he was created on and wreaked havoc. Primus, knowing he couldn't take on Unicron's superior weaponry and creation ability, created the original 13 Cybertronians to combat him. When Primus and the 13 arrived, it was too late, Unicron had assembled a planet body of his own. After a long and intense struggle Primus managed to damage Unicron, but not kill him. Unicron was too damaged to transform into robot mode, and with not enough energy to repair himself, he allowed himself to be taken and put in exile, knowing he would one day return after devouring enough planets to recharge himself to exact his revenge.

10. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:
    still cool

11. ShockSound

ShockSound Member

Prelude to the War of the Ages:
    In the time after the war and the present, much has happened. The Decepticons sped away from Cybertron with the Autobots in hot pursuit, but the Autobots lost the Decepticon trail. On primitive Earth, Shockwave explored the surface with his faithful Driller Colussus. Little did he know that Soundwave sent his minion Laserbeak to keep watch. One day Shockwave wandered into a cave. Laserbeak, thinking Shockwave was going to scheme, followed him. Shockwave startled Laserbeak, causing him to fire. Colossus, thinking his master is in danger, rushes to the rescue, however his digging causes the floor to collapse and the rest of the cave with it. Colossus is pinned down and Shockwave is trapped, however Laserbeak gets away. Soundwave, sensing Shockwave's signal go dark, tells the Decepticons to lay low and disable their comm unit on Earth's moon. All Decepticons on the moon go then go into stasis lock. Meanwhile, on Cybertron, the Autobots, led by Sentinel Prime and Grimlock, are fighting back Decepticon guerilla warfare while the Ark continues the search for the Nemesis...