War Machine Gets His own movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gaastra, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Hey, I'm in.

Loved WM in IM2. Plus he always gets his own comic series so it's only natural.

3. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

As long as they dont turn him into an african american version of Tony Stark and portray him like the comics when he first took over the as Iron Man I'm down with it.

4. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

imo this isn't a good idea. can u say elektra? plus, i thought terrence howard was the perfect rhodey and just never got on board with cheadle.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I agree. Marvel dropped the ball with Cheadle. He's a good actor but Howard is born to play Rhodey. IM2 would've been so much better with Howard onboard.

7. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sweet shit, War Machine is one of my favorite Marvel Characters.

8. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    don't blame Marvel, blame Howard. Howard wanted WAY more money for IM2 since he was the first one cast in IM. he thought he deserved more than the rest of cast for coming back to be in IM2. he screwed himself out of being Rhodey, not Marvel.

9. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    :bowdown:  YES!!

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hell yeah.

11. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

Don't Marvel Studios have a reputation for lowballing.

IIRC, Jackson wanted more money than they were willing to give him.
    He got most, it not all, of what he wanted...after some fairly tough negotiations. Next thing you know Howard is gone.

So i'm wondering if the extent of the raise that Howard sought has been exaggerated...

12. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

yeah, i know what happened but i just don't like cheadle as rhodey. just doesn't feel right at all to me and howard just seemed perfect for that role. it's just too bad really.

13. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    So a lackluster movie for a lackluster character... I mean don't get me wrong I like war machine, but for him to get his own movie, sorry this is an easy pass.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Awesome!!!

15. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    What the fuck?

16. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Wouldn't you need RDJ in it too though? I mean how can you not. And when would it come out, before or after IM3? Are they going to start the movie with him already having the suit? ANd then what? Who would he fight that IM wouldn't?

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Well-Known Member

I enjoyed War Machine in the movie, I liked Iron Man 2.
    The problem with a War Machine movie is the same problem they have with a War Machine comic....it's just ANOTHER Iron Man. All of Tony's suits had some designation, War Machine was this version.

How do you make the audience NOT feel like they are JUST watching another Iron Man movie? A War Machine movie only waters down your main unique franchise in Iron Man.

The only spinoff from Iron Man 2 that makes any sense is Black Widow.

18. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed completely. I really don't see the point, apparently there is a following, but War Machine/Cheadle solo does not interest me in the slightest.

Precisely. Well put.

19. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Why does everyone think Marvel Studios is so cheap? They've made a lot of money since Iron Man sure, but they're not the biggest company in the world.
    Plus, I'm sure Terrence Howard already got paid out the ass for the first Iron Man. It's kind of a dick move for him to not come back unless he gets paid even more, whether he's asking for a lot or not. I can guarantee you that if he just stopped whining, he would have gotten paid more regardless.
    Sam Jackson obviously was willing to negotiate, and I'm sure the press blew that whole thing out of proportion.

Kind of the same thing with Edward Norton, which I know a lot of people also complained about when he wasn't cast in the Avengers. Once again, at the time the Incredible Hulk was being made, Marvel Studios was not the biggest company in the world. Norton wanted to make the movie more emotional, but that didn't work out so well for the last Hulk film. Marvel didn't want to take that risk, seeing as at the time they weren't exactly loaded with cash. So instead they focused more on the action.
    I personally believe that this was a bit of a misunderstanding between Norton and Marvel. When Marvel rejected his script, he might have taken it the wrong way. Hell, maybe Marvel never even explained to him why they rejected it. It could go either way.
    So now they're making the Avengers, which is going to be a VERY big film, with tons of hype. Marvel Studios really wants to make this work. Norton was apparently ready to join the cast, as Joss Whedon claimed having met with him a couple times to discuss the story and his role in it. Marvel however, has a tough choice to make now. Seeing as they had such a feud with Norton during the production of the Incredible Hulk, they see Norton as a potential risk. They don't want what happened with that movie to happen with the Avengers, seeing as this is their biggest project yet, and they want everything to go smoothly. So they take the easy way out, and recast Norton.

Anyway, that's my whole stance on Marvel Studio's casting issues. :) 

On the topic of the War Machine movie, I think it can be done well if given the right script. I like Cheadle way more than Terrence Howard, I never really bought Tony and Rhodes friendship in the first movie. I didn't completely buy it in the second either, but it was more believable than the first. And the fact that Cheadle wasn't that physically intimidating without the suit kind of made him more likeable to me, I don't know why. But just make the War Machine movie more military centered, or something like that. Just get a little creative with the script and it could easily be a interesting, fun, and new. Not just another Iron Man. I can easily see this working nicely if they get creative with the script, and don't put Tony Stark in it too much.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :bowdown: 

I'd love to see them get Blizzard or M.O.D.O.K as the villain of the movie.