War For Cybertron's Playable Demo in London THIS WEEKEND!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Transformed, May 27, 2010.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those living in the UK might want to cancel their weekend plans and head on over to London’s MCM Expo, as a playable demo of Transformers: War For Cybertron (a world exclusive) will be up and running for all attendees to have a go at it.

When? Where?

London MCM Expo
    29 - 30·May 2010
    Excel London,
    E16 1XL

Source: Unthinkable - MCM Expo nearly here, Prince of Persia voice talent announced

2. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Lucky ducks.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tell me about it. Actually, I think all those outside of Asia are pretty lucky though. Those of us living in Asia have heard slag about this game on this side of the pond. No game release date news. No exclusive character news. No news about western media covering the news.

The only news we get is first-hand news, not saying that's bad or anything, but it would be nice to know its Japanese release date, though. Ordering it from the US or waiting for Japan's release (which I will not) won't change how much money I'll end up spending to purchase it though, it's going to come to about the same amount of money =P Amazon.co.jp has it up finally, but it is the American copy with NO exclusive characters :( 

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone from TFW attending this? Will we actually see some worthwhile/new footage? Or the same old stuff?

5. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gah! I got back from London 2 days ago. :( 

6. avrilfan

avrilfan Banned

i posted about this about a month ago lol

7. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Actually, this is good to hear. This probably means that a demo will be available soon on PSN and XBL.

8. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    ok this sucks its 20 minutes walk from my house and i'm working all weekend. Argh!

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Ouch. That review sure doesn't look good (seems along the lines of what Revenge of the Fallen turned out to)

ROTF was a GOOD GAME but it was very catered to fans. I hope this isn't going to hurt the online community because I hate buying games where the multiplayer runs dry in less than a year.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No offense, but RotF blew some serious chunks. It has all sorts of issues that make is a bad, bad game.

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Aw, now we can't be bestest friends.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  It's true. Everything from controls, setting design, story (yes the story), character balance and its iffy online connectivity suck. Sorry.

I have tried to connect with several members from the board and elsewhere to finish off the online trophies, but have failed time and time again no matter how many times we played around with the settings.

The viral trophy is one of the hardest trophies of all to get, assuming you can get onlineto get any of the trophies at all. The online portion of the game isn't fun because you cannot connect--netcoding issues? But more than anything, the overall game is NOT fun. At all.

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Looks like you got on the wrong horse. I have no trouble with any of that. The viral achievement is cake, especially now, since everyone already has it.

15. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

The reviewer makes no sense, and sounds like he wants the game to be bad.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But everyone doesn't have the trophy. Once I finally got online, it took some time before finding someone who actually had the trophy.

RotF isn't a game for everyone, fan of the series or other. It's problems have been addressed in several interviews covering WFC. If you liked the game, that's cool. I just disagree with statment about it being the best Transformers game to date. The Armada game, even without online play, is a better game.

17. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I suspect that either your connection or the consoles network. If you're on PS3 that makes even more sense. I have it on 360 and never had any of those issues, other than the general ones that occur with any online game.

Other than Jazz, I find no character balence issues in multiplayer. Obviously Starscream can't stand toe to toe with Ironhide, but different characters should require different play styles. I've been successful with all the characters in multiplayer. ROTF's clunker is in the story mode and single player, it just gets kind of boring.

My review of the review? Meh. First of all, he makes it clear he's no fan of the property. Why does that matter in the context of the game? Then he says it's not a bad game, but that the Transformations take too long? Haven't we seen video of transformation on the fly? Sounds more like he doesn't like the style of game (he made the obvious Gears of War connection), and complained how both games color palette was blah blah blah.

Then he can't decide what was missing based on one level of play, said he's not saying he didn't like it but... Then he says the shooting mechanic isn't fun? Why? It's confusing, doesn't tell me anything I didn't know... I hate reviews/previews like this.

18. AMG

AMG Old School

That's what I was thinking too.

19. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I had the occasional connection issue, but by and large things worked smoothly. I think a lot of the problems you had have to do with your location relative to the people you're connecting to-- unless you've tried to play with a bunch of people who also live in Japan, that is.

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know. I've played other games online with no connection issues, which makes me think the issue is the games own netcode. I have connected to gamers in the US and Europe with the game, but not many. I don't see why my location should even matter if I can connect with gamers the world over with no issues whatsoever.