War For Cybertron - Which Version To Get For Windows?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by lazerface, Feb 15, 2012.

1. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have Windows XP right now, but might upgrade to Windows 7 eventually. What is the best version of War for Cybertron to buy? Amazon has two different listings, and only one lists Windows 7 compatibility specifically:

Transformers: War for Cybertron by Activision
    (DVD-ROM - Jun 22, 2010) - Windows Vista / XP
    ASIN: B0030HRNY6

Transformers: War for Cybertron by Activision
    (DVD-ROM) - Windows 7 / Vista / XP
    ASIN: B003K175D6

Won't Windows 7 be able to play both of them? Is there anything that makes the second one better, if I do upgrade to Windows 7?

2. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Doesn't matter as they are the same, but I suggest you get it on Steam.
    Also, you WILL be disappointed with the online part of the game because of the cheaters/hackers.
    So, if you have Xbox 360 or PS3.... Get it on there.

3. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    My very thoughts are described above.

4. lazerface

News Credits:
    Thanks. I don't have Xbox 360 or PS3. That's too bad about the hackers. What kind of cheating do they get away with? Is it harder for them to cheat online using X-Box 360?

I don't really keep up with video games that much. Probably the most recent game I have even played is Halo 2. I just have an original X-Box.

I think my brother uses Steam. Is that basically just a monthly fee, and you get to choose from multiple games to "stream"?

5. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    The hackers are bad.... They use programs known as "Trainers" which give them unlimited life or ammo and so on.
    Indeed it is harder on Xbox/PS3 to do so.... And WFC I doubt they will do it on PS3 or Xbox.

Jebus, thats a old game but one hell of a good one.... And I have my original Xbox also, even though the Online support is over on it, its great!

Steam is free... Completely free.... There are tons of free games on there but you can also buy games on there.
    Its like a online video game store without talking to anyone to get your game.... Its not a rental service, once you purchase the game.... Its your forever.
    If you do get it, I will be more then happy to play a few games with you, because when you do find people who don't cheat, it can be very fun on pc.
    Just the biggest problem on WFC for PC is you can't type or use a microphone to talk to anyone in game.

To get steam, you just download the software here (This page will also tell you about Steam and what it does) - Steam, The Ultimate Online Game Platform
    You will be able to make a username right on the login screen for the software and thats about it.
    To get games, you can search on the program its self for games or on the website.
    I took the liberty of getting the WFC page up... If you wait it out for either a big holiday or for it to go on sale again, you can get it for about 10 dollars... That's how I got it! - Transformers™: War for Cybertron™ on Steam

Also, there is a mod to get at least Zeta Prime as a playable TF because even though the files for the DLC are in the game, the models are not.

Also before I forget.... You better make sure your pc can run it by going here - http://www.CanIRunIt.com

6. lazerface

News Credits:
    Cool. Thanks for the help. I'll try have to try Steam out, in a couple weeks.