War For Cybertron: Which Side Was Easier?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Reaper Cloud, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    I just completed the fourth mission on the Autobot side...and so far, the Autobots are wimps compared to the Decepticons! -_-

I barely died during the entire Decepticon campaign, (and I've had the difficulty setting on Normal for both sides) yet for the Autobots I'm dying A LOT! Especially during the whole "Heal Omega" crap. My teammates on the Autobot side do basically nothing, and the enemies seem to target me a lot and barely go after them. Would make sense if they were cloaked, but nope. lol

Not to mention that my PS3 froze TWICE so far with the Autobots. Once on Mission 3, and once on 4. I went to enjoying this game, to becoming frustrated with it.

So, in your experience with the single player campaigns, which side was easier for you?

SIDE TOPIC:

Wouldn't Soundwave be considered a Triple-Changer? Since he has three forms (Robot/Car/Audio Device). Also, I hope that a new figure for him is made that comes with Frenzy/Rumble/Laserbeak.

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    well i have to say they're both easy for me. but when i first played through it, the 3rd autobot mission was pretty difficult. and since you're in single player, enemies are programmed to kill the non-CPU character (YOU).tip: if you go behind omega, there is a third healing sentry and three overshields that may help.

EDIT: if you are going for achievements/trophies, when you get to the one where you must beat the campaigns on hard you can just select the last part of the level, play through it and once all five for both sides have been completed, you'll get the achievement/trophy. now, for beating trypticon on hard difficulty, PLAY AS BB. he may suck, (imo he does) but he's fast and you'll survive longer. the other boss that pissed me off was rumble. little bastard

and as for soundwave, i don't think he's considered a triple changer because you can't access his boombox mode and his truck mode is only there for mobility.

3. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

That level is hard (where u have to heal Omega) cos Ratchet keeps dying and he needs reviving but apart from that I didnt notice much difference between the two campaigns

...... SPOILERS / if you havent played and dont want to know the ending / SPOILERS .......

The final boss battle with trypticon is many times harder than the boss battle with Omega , and that's because it's the final level of the game so it is expected

4. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Yea I suppose the autobot part is harder because its based after the decepticon part

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Other than the final Autobot mission both sides seemed the same re: difficulty.

6. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found the Autobot campaign to be a tad easier. Oh and Trypticon is one of the easiest bosses, like, ever.

The only level that gave me any difficulty was the Arielbot missions.

7. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Decepticon levels were easier for me

8. Reaper Cloud

News Credits:
    I did end up saying "ENOUGH" and looked for health toward the end of that insane run of enemies...and stumbled upon the heal loot that you mentioned. lol Early on, the two healing guns were there, but then stopped working. Luckily that hidden gun (and the shields) were around though.

I also read about that trick for Hard, and I wasn't expecting it to work...but it did for the Decepticon campaign. :)  I will do the Auto campaign probably on Monday, since I'm in no rush to fight the bosses on Hard. Especially Trypticon.

Cyber-Scream:

What difficulty were you using? He's isn't so easy, since there is LIMITED spots to hide behind, and he's CONSTANTLY shooting something at you. Then you have the spiders to deal with, which takes away precious time that you need to get health/ammo with.

9. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    they stop working cause they get shot at. glad i could help :thumb 

10. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Don't forget, protecting Omega Supreme in To the Core is freaking brutal.

11. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My first playthrough was on easy. But when I beat him on hard I'll admit it took me quite a few tries.

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tough to say since they are balanced when it comes to difficulty. However if I had to choose, I'd choose the Autobot campain because it doesn't have those giant Mashers from the Zeta Prime boss fight.

13. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Yeah it was. I think the Decepticon campaign was much easier than the Autobot one.

14. Argentenoboy

Argentenoboy But what was even more like a drug was the drugs

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I find the Autobot campaign harder

I probably died more on the SW battle on hard than the Decepticon campaign

15. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Meh I found it easy but thats just the type of gamer I am...

I found the autobot one harder though still

16. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Try playing that level on Co-Op. You can't believe how many times I've played that boss battle and had to restart because someone got Mashed.

17. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Decepticons, easily. I had so much trouble killing Trypticon in the final chapter.

18. Reaper Cloud

News Credits:
    I finished Hard mode for the Autobots last night, and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Starscream was easier this time, since I knew what to expect. Soundwave gave me some trouble, since his little guys were tougher...yet Lazerbeak was super easy! o_0

The Slug-Thing was annoying for a bit since he was doing damage in parts no matter what I did to avoid them. Luckily there were checkpoints to help ease this. Trypticon's fall was super easy and short.

Now for the final fight with Trypticon, I changed up my game. During my Normal run, I used Optimus Prime and had his normal blaster along with a Sniper's Rifle. This time I used Bumblebee and had the Scrapmaker (I think it was this one) as my primary weapon. I basically just played Nascar for most of the level. Driving in an almost complete circle until the Tail attack was over. Then I used a clip and a half on Trypticon until the Spiders were close, and then drove to my ammo. I completely ignored/avoided the spiders and let my partners DO SOMETHING for once. lol

After about five laps, it was done. The only time that I would take damage was when the missiles decided to catch me...even though I was constantly using my boost when driving. -_-

19. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i hate trying to kill rumble on hard. he was nearly impossible when i first fought soundwave on hard. and yeah, playing against trypticon on hard is a lot like NASCAR and you only get to empty about one clip every time you change into robot mode. that level is the only level that i will play as BB on. glad to here you beat it on hard though :thumb 

20. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Decepticons side is pretty easy.