War for Cybertron Voice Actor Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by TriBlurr, Dec 30, 2009.

1. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who would like Tom Kenny to reprise the role of Starscream? He really nailed the voice and character in Animated.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, that would be pretty awesome.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they get somebody that isn't Welker for Megatron.

Decepticon leader shouldn't sound like a generic 80's grunt, period.

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And the troll is back. We get it you don't like G1. Do you need to repeat yourself everytime? Why are you even in this thread?

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Sides, stop starting stuff. What's up with you lately?

He's right. Welker doesn't have the same ability to do Megatron's voice as he did before. Remember the RotF game?

6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Same reason the animated haters were in every animated thread. Ditto for movie haters.

7. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Personally, I don't want Welker to voice Megatron in this game. I respect the man and everything he's done, but his voice is just old now and doesn't really fit the character. Cullen's Prime voice has only become more regal with age, but Megatron's raspy growl just doesn't work anymore. Megatron in the ROTF game bothered the shit out of me because Hugo had that badass voice going on in the movies, and then in-game, it sounds like Megs is doing whippets.

Honestly, I think Corey Burton's animated Megatron would fit well with the design of this Megatron. Tom Kenny did a great Starscream, though, and I'd love to see him reprise his role for the game.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    while i like megatron's 80's voice, frank can't do it well anymore, so in a way i agree with toxicon, (other than liking hugo's voice for it) animated voices work for me though

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't really referring to you in the "don't argue." I agree, I want Animated Meg's voice too.

10. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I'm a big Frank Welker fan, and I believe he should do at least 3 to 4 characters in this game... especially would love a BARELY vocoded Dr Claw/Soundwave. I loved Soundwave's voice in ROTF and a touch (not as much as G1) but a touch of vocoder would make it perfect.

Megatron should be voice by Corey Burton. His Megatron voice is perfect... evil, intimidating and regal. Hugo won't do it (prolly wouldn't pay enough) and I'm glad, his Megs really only works for the movie's Megatron, who is not a thinking, scheming general, but just a big scary bad guy.

Please no Tom Kenny for Starscream. I'd prefer Charlie Adler's voice from the ROTF GAME (not movie), where Starscream sounded capable of commanding, still had some shrillness, but could be considered a threat. I hope they go more with the IDW g1 Starscream archtype (arrogant, power hungry backstabber, schemer, WILL get his hands dirty from time to time, enough balls to challenge Megs at some point), instead of falling into the same old same old.

11. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I completely forgot about Soundwave. Welker definitely did a nice job with that in ROTF, and I'd like to see him do it in-game.

12. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    What about Ironhide? Should they go classic with Cullen, or ROTF Ironhide? I rather like ROTF Ironhide, but G1 would be nice as well. Just hope that Cullen could tone down the "texan" a tad.

13. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Though we've all been saying that, it's good to see that that's what they've been thinking.

And the best: Movie Ironhide with the Texan accent.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A LOT of G1 Voice Actors are in the game. They will be revealed next year.

15. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    No, no, god no!

If they ever think of getting Adler for Starscream, have him use the voice he did in the movie, not the game. The voice he used in the RotF game would be way too deep for this version of the character. The voice he used in the movie, though, would be perfect.

As for the campaign stuff, i'm listening to the thing now and I clearly heard one of them say there are 2 seperate campaigns.

16. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    That's the reason I DON'T want the movie voice for Starscream... too pussy. If these guys are smart, they will drop G1 season 2 and ROTF Starscream... it's impossible to believe that Megatron would make him second in command. Who would fear him? It's hard to believe the Starscream we saw in ROTF defeated Blackout for leadership, and remained in control while Megs was gone. The game voice had enough shrill, but was a deeper take on Starscream... his voice needs to have authority at times, and the ROTF movie voice fails to do that.

17. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    What is a soldier gonna fear more? Your voice? Or your power?

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your power, but you can trick someone into thinking you have it, by how you use your voice.

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jack Angel, Michael Bell, Gregg Berger, Susan Blu, Arthur Burghardt, Corey Burton, Peter Cullen, Bud Davis, Paul Eiding, Dan Gilvezan, Casey Kasem, John Moschitta Jr., Clive Revill, Neil Ross, and of course Frank Welker.

I’m sure many of these voice actors are impressionist, and they could possibly do a voice or two, covering for colleagues no longer with us. If they can’t they can either get someone else to do it or go original—what are you going to do? But when you get down to it, Mr. Welker’s all you really need.

My money’s on Frank Welker reprising his role of Megatron and many others.

20. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    If they get Gregg Berger in this as Grimlock...I will be sold.....regardless if gameplay is crap or not.