War For Cybertron Toyfair report on game info here:

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sideswipe80, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toy Fair 2010 - First Look at Three Stages of War For Cybertron Video Game! Transformers

Here at Toy Fair, Hasbro, Inc. and Activision Publishing were nice enough to team up and give us a preview of three stages from the publishing studio's upcoming video game Transformers: War for Cybertron. We were originally scheduled a hands-on preview, but Jason from Activision put a caveat out there that what was being shown today was not final at all. That being said, he also said that he really wanted to show us the game.

First of all, the gameplay. He says that is you have picked up Gears of War or Gears of War 2, then when you pick up the controller for this game, you will feel right at home. The feel of this over-the-shoulder third person shooter will feel "instantly recognizable," which he said it two or three times just to drive the idea home.

The game is also designed to be a co-op game and friends may jump in and out of the game as they please and it will not effect your progress in the game. The example given is that when a friend who is playing the game with you needs to leave to eat dinner, s/he may choose to do so and jump in after s/he has finished his/her dinner.

Today's preview of the game showed off three locals: Iacon Under Seige, Jetfire in space, and Megatron fighting (oh yeah) Omega Supreme. It was also revealed that each mission will one of three locations on Cybertron: on the surface, in the core of, or in the surrounding space (as was featured in the Jetfire gameplay).

Iacon Under Seige
    The first stage shows off Iacon in a very bad place. The defense systems of the city are failing and Optimus Prime, Ratchet, and Bumblebee are coming down an elevator to another room.

The three are speaking about how Megatron wants Iacon and reveal that Zeta Prime is dead.

When they arrive at their destination, Jetfire appears in a holographic feed reporting that they need to get defensive guns operation in order to fend off the Decepticons. Optimus Prime informs him that Zeta Prime is dead and he as assumed "temporary" command.

After Ratchet checks the computer to see where the controls are to turn on these guns, the three Autobots head towards their destination and fend off the drones that they encounter.

In this area of fighting, we see Optimus use his gun in vehicle and robot modes while using his axe as a melee weapon in robot mode.

Outer Space
    The next board has the player taking on the character Jetfire. He, along with Silverbolt and Air Raid, must make it to a certain area. Throughout this board, the player flies Jetfire through treacherous air space, riddled with mines and explosives, and avoids them by shooting or performing barrel rolls.

Megatron versus Omega Supreme
    The last and final stage we were given a preview of is Megatron versus Omega Supreme. When we started, the player already has successfully defeated the giant Transformer once. However, he is beginning repairs and is quite unhappy.

The player is informed to shoot Omega's chest, but the player had some issues with this - with the rockets raining down on him and large blasts coming right at him. At the same time.

We could only catch Breakdown as one of two Decepticons that accompanied Megatron, as the player was very busy running away from Omega Supreme behind some walls. Walls that were easily blown away as soon as the player ran away from that section.

Overall Impressions
    Overall, the game is looking very good. It is obviously still has some kinks to work out, but it seems to be progressing along quite well. While the reveal trailer is pre-rendered to awesome quality, the video game's graphics looked comparable. The video is cleaner and crisper than Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: The Game and seems just as seamless most of the time.

We are obviously anticipating the arrival of the game that High Moon Studios claims that they have been waiting for 25 years to play.

They also teased that there will be quite a few announcements, including ones asked for by the fans!

We hope that we can get some hands-on time soon enough and judge for ourselves.

We work really hard to be the best resource for all your Transformers news and reviews every day. Keep your browser dialed to Tformers.com for updates as they happen.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I hope it is as good as I want it to be.

3. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    No other comments? There are some major reveals here.

4. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Breakdown?

Life completed. I'm just sad there's no videos of the gameplay from the event. Is there any chance gameplay vids could pop up SOMEWHERE?

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    DX

I just nerdgasmed.

But seriously, it sounds great.

6. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I'm happy about the Aerialbots!

7. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Very nice find. I cant wait to see footage.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds pretty good so far--a lot of news there.

9. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    What do you guys think about the level structure? I hope flyers are allowed online against land based Transformers and not be a separate mode.

10. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    Cant wait til gameplay footage!!!!!!

11. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Yeah Gameplay footage would be nice to get sometime in the near future.

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    OK Hands up who wants a 4 X DX 1x Voyager combiner for a pre-earth Superion and Menasor.

[Raises hand]

And if they make Jetfire I hope he's at least a Voyager.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seeing how the campaigns are structured to fit the three types of Transformer classes: fliers, hoovers (?) and wheel-based ones, online play will probably similar. Why else would they make you choose different characters for different parts of the campaign?

However, adding a lock-on ability would help the different classes battle one another, as would homing weapons. Out running them, dodging them and shooting them down would be fun...assuming everyone in online play isn't gunning for you :p 

14. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

I'm liking every bit of info I read. I get the feeling I'm going to savor this game rather than rush through it; It may end out short but sweet.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How is it we no pictures of the game online, but plenty of upcoming products? Weird!

16. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Oh, that gameplay should be coming very soon what with Toy Fair and all.

17. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I am so excited for this game. Cannot wait to play it.

18. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Sounding like it's coming along great.

Really wanna see the Prime/Ratchet/BB mission. I need to heard the dialog.

19. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

This is officially the first Transformers thing to really catch my attention in more than a year. I just hope I'm not disappointed.

20. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that con pic we saw is Onslaught now since we got Air Raid, Silverbolt and Breakdown confirmed.