War For Cybertron Toy Line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JavaJim, Apr 16, 2011.

1. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Ebay:
    The War for Cybertron video game on the 360 is what turned me on to the WFC design style, and I have to admit, of all the Transformers to date, it has some of my favorite designs. With that in mind, can someone clue me in to what drives their WFC/WWI toy lines? Is it the game, the comics, other? Any clues as to what to expect in the toy line moving forward?

2. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

There is no WFC toy line. Just a few figs tossed into Generations.

3. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's just a microline within a wider major line (i.e Generations or RTS). Hasbro is wagering that they can move molds of characters inspired from lisenced content without having an entire line dedicated to it. Hence Transformers: Prime getting a micro-line of Prime, Bumblebee, Starscream and Megatron, all in deluxe for.

The future of WFC is tied to WFC2, which is scheduled for Summer 2012. You'll probably see a rerelease (and updating) of the molds released already. And if I were a betting man, I'd say you can count on a new deluxe-size Starscream / Seeker mold considering that the last of the Classic Seekers mold is coming out now and is apparently showing some degredation due to use. Starscream from WFC was one of the stronger designs. It's surprising they didn't release a mold already truth be told.

But I wouldn't expect anything larger than Deluxes, unless they decide that, in absence of a new movie, WFC and similar "Media events" become their tent pole, like Clone Wars and Force Unleashed for Star Wars.

4. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Ebay:
    Thanks for the feedback. Sorry if I had the line wrong. Here's the molds I was referring to: Transformers: Generations - Action Figures Pictures and Information

The top 4 and soundwave (who has no pic for some reason) are the ones that are the most noticeable from the game. Have to admit I really like the Thunderwing mold. On a complete side note, I took it apart tonight to paint & realized it would make an awesome armor set for another transformer. the top part is entirely flush and only needs a few cuts to be flat. Leaves 2x shooters. Separate the head and you have a nice center part for the armor, and possible head gear or armshield (would take 2 thunderwings for armor for both arms though).

Really wish they'd come out with a full on WFC/WWI character line that mimics the video game, or the comic (still need to read the comics for it myself).

Any other molds other than the link I provided, and a few from the Titanium line, that follow the WFC/WWI designs?