Heavy/Scratch: War for Cybertron Skydive

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by taddghostal, May 23, 2014.

1. taddghostal

taddghostal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey ya'll, this one was just a fun little side adventure that started out as windblade, but ended up as my fave of the Aeriel-bots and easily one of the more, sophisticated bots on the show;

War for Cybertron Skydive

I did quite a bit of hacking on this one.

I removed all the extra wing and body spikes, while making daggers out of the excess parts that can be stored in the forearms and bomb bays underneath.

(Added as much luminescent red and polished metal as possible, man I love that color over bare metal, this one changes to a slight orange in bright light.)

I flipped the wings and realized that making them delta wing (like a "v") looked too much like the Gi joe jet x-30 and settled on this with the addition of wing inlets which can swivle out and extend the wings for bombing runs.

I didn't want to use white as I figured on Cybertron, the more natural look for a fancy pants would be polished metal and we all know Skydive is a brainy, more refined Autobot.
    Lastly, I remolded the head and added a bigger face with a nose and a helmet over the old noggin it had. I tried the weird box face from the show but man it looked corny.

the Plasma Bolt rifle he is holding is actually for the next one I'm making, but they all look cool holding it I think :) 

In the end, I tried to make a more, sophisticated bot who doesn't mind getting his hands dirty.

What do ya'll think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. HaZe

HaZe Well-Known Member

Nice work

3. SideswipePrime1

SideswipePrime1 Flooded in plastic.

The strong Windblade vibe really makes me want to make my own.

4. hellbred

hellbred Well-Known Member

nice

5. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    cool

6. taddghostal

taddghostal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You should, I had her almost done but I goofed with an exacto knife and had to save what little I could to come up with this guy. And thanks for the nice words everyone =)