Heavy/Scratch: War for Cybertron: SIEGE DOMINATION THRONE!!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by fschuler, Nov 17, 2018.

1. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Where does a Cybertronian warlord plant his ass after a long hard eon of brutally dismembering opposing factions? On an equally imposing throne, of course. WFC Siege is shaping up to be a raw and war-torn chapter in the lives of our little plastic buddies, and I felt the need for some accessories. Perhaps this will be the start of some type of diorama-type setup. I dunno. But, I'm starting with the centerpiece. And, like most of the stuff I come up with, I'll make this available as a free download for anyone who wants to 3D print one.

This is still a work-in-progress, and I would like some input from people on the general direction. I've obviously taken some inspiration from the SDCC Throne of the Primes that was released this year. But, I didn't want for it to only reference POTP...so I left off the references to the Prime Master insignia. Instead, I included Autobot and Decepticon insignia from G1, G2 and BW (trying to make everyone happy here...plus, maybe we'll get some beasties as the WFC Trilogy rolls on).

The backrest is totally blank at the moment...don't worry, it will get filled with details. I'd like to incorporate some Cybertronian text on this thing in line with the Easter Eggs we've seen on the Siege packaging so far. And, I'd like to keep with the theme of making this a Cybertronian throne as opposed to something just for one specific faction (hence all of the different insignia I've included).

Let me know what you all think. Comments and suggestions are welcome!

EDIT: Version 1 is now available on Thingiverse! Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Throne by fjschuler

Version 2 is currently in development!

DRAFT Throne 1.jpg
    DRAFT Throne 2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 11:10 PM
    • Like Like x 14
  2. jimimus prime

jimimus prime commander

I like where you're going here

• Like Like x 1
  3. The13Primes

The13Primes Jaxius._

News Credits:
    It needs the severerd heads of generic Cybertronians. Maybe put some Titanmaster ports so you can plug them in as ‘trophies’

• Like Like x 5
  4. fschuler

That is an excellent idea! I want to put some 5mm weapon ports on it as well. Maybe part of the throne can hold heads of fallen heroes and another lower portion can hold the heads of the murdered enemies. I will ponder on this:

8F298E34-2E69-4A4B-AD5E-E967A65F8ACB.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy MAXIMUM CARNAGE!!!

Oh boy. Can't wait to see the results.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fschuler

A wee bit more progress today. I added some extra deets, modified the floor ramp and filled out the backrest some. I also included some 5mm square ports to the floor and to the tops of the hexagonal columns at the rear to allow the insertion of some Titan Masters (these holes should also allow you peg a 5mm weapon peg into there as well). I also added several 5mm round peg holes to the backsides of the rear corner columns for weapon storage. There's more to be done here. Stay tuned.

DRAFT Throne 3.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. fschuler

I added some additional details to the back of the throne...including some Cybertronian messages... The three vertical messages mounted to the back of the throne are actually separate pieces that can peg into 5mm round ports. This will allow removal, replacement and simpler printing or also provides the option to use the 5mm ports for weapon mounting.

I'm going to sit and marinate on this for a day or two before I attempt to print it. If all goes well, I'll probably have the model files up on Thingiverse this weekend after I work out any printing bugs (tweaks may be required). Feedback is appreciated!!

DRAFT Throne 1 V2.jpg DRAFT Throne 2 V2.jpg DRAFT Throne 3 V2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  8. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

Very ambitious project fschuler! If this is to seat a Voyager then it's going to be huge.
    The hexagon motif is very reminiscent of the Devastation game, yet gives a sense of grandeur like a cathedral pipe-organ.

The only throne I've ever attempted was made with fiber cement and glue and it would look diminutive compared to this. At this size I imagine the detail should be acceptable in lower resolutions.
    Have you made a cost estimate of the print?

• Like Like x 1
  9. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i can see it now soundwave with all of his minions surrounding him

• Like Like x 1
  10. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Starry Night Melody

News Credits:
    “Cybertron”, “Siege”, “Survival”, “Dominator.”

• Like Like x 1
  11. fschuler

I wondered who would be the first to translate. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  12. fschuler

Thanks man. I just started with a basic idea generally based on the SDCC Throne of the Primes and went from there. It took a number of hours of goofing around to get it this far. The seat width is almost 3 inches...so a Voyager should be able to sit in there just fine...might even fit a small Leader as long as the figure's backpack isn't too massive. The Siege figures should work OK, I think. And after adding the final details this evening, "pipe organ" was one of the thoughts that came to mind. It was totally unintentional and hopefully isn't too corny. Once I'm happy with the final design, I'll put it on Shapeways as well for people who don't have their own printers. I assume this sumbitch is going to be an expensive print, though.

I took some of the design elements from the Siege packaging (hexagons, angles, look and feel, etc.)...so hopefully Soundwave looks at home on it!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Starry Night Melody

News Credits:
    I can’t say I’m for what they say, but I do love my Cybertronian text. Being able to recognize some of the vowels helps.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fschuler

Good news...Simplify3D says this thing is only going to take 42 hours to print using a layer height of 0.1mm, 10% infill and conservative print speeds. Lol. Sheesh. Increasing the layer height to 0.2 mm reduces the print time to 18 hours, but I really start to lose some of the fine detail on the words and insignia. I'm probably going to do some test prints with key portions of the design to see how they turn out. I'd hate to get half a day into a print only to discover that I need to abort it due to lousy print quality. Stay tuned!

15. 2Sixshot

News Credits:
    nice but what i was reminded of was the wfc chapter where you have soundwave sitting on that throne in kaon

• Like Like x 1
  16. Axos

Axos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you probalby don't need more than 5% infill unless you're planning on having something super heavy on it
    I usually print in 3%

• Like Like x 1
  17. fschuler

Sorry...didn't get that reference since I never played the game. It's nice to know that this thing kind of has some precedence, though. I'll dig up a pic of that and see if I can incorporate some design cues from it. Thanks for the info!

I'll give that a shot. Since this one really doesn't need a ton of strength, that would help with the print time. I'll do some test printing tomorrow to figure out what will work.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 2Sixshot

News Credits:
    it was this image that was reminding me of your creation sorry it isnt the best quality

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. fschuler

Thanks man. I can generally tell what's going on. I think mine could do with some type of display or control panel.

• Like Like x 1
  20. fschuler

After some tweaks and several partial test prints, it is coming to life...will take another several hours to finish printing:

IMG_20181125_114244.jpg

• Like Like x 3