War for Cybertron: Siege Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barry, Jul 17, 2018.

1. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Well, might as well get this stared now that we've got some photo content.

Wave One

Leader Class

Ultra Magnus
    [​IMG]

Shockwave
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Voyager Class

Optimus Prime

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Megatron

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Deluxe Class

Sideswipe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hound
    [​IMG]

Weaponiser Cog
    [​IMG]

Skytread(aka Flywheels)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Micromasters

Race Car Patrol (Swindler and Roadhandler)
    [​IMG]

Battle Patrol (Flak and Bigshot)
    [​IMG]

Air Strike Patrol (Storm Cloud and Whisper)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Battlemasters

Firedrive

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lionizer
    [​IMG]

Blowpipe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wave 2

Voyager

Starscream
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Soundwave
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Deluxe

Ironhide
    [​IMG]

Chromia
    [​IMG]

Prowl
    [​IMG]

Sixgun
    [​IMG]
    Micromasters

Rescue Patrol (Stakeout and Redhot)
    [​IMG]

Spy Patrol (Ravage and Laserbeak)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Battlemasters

Aimless
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pteraxadon[​IMG]
    Wave 3

Deluxe

Refraktor (Reflector)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brunt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And there's plenty to appreciate here. I was abit...well, not worried as such, but entertaining the idea that they might deviate from the Prime Wars aesthetic so much that I'd stop buying the Generations stuff, but not so. Even the packaging art has a similar feel to the Prime Wars stuff.

I like what I've seen so far and look forward to seeing some more on Thursday. It's interesting to see how...MP-y the two 'bot designs are. If this is some expression of the 'evergreen' aesthetic then it has some interesting implications.

Though maybe this sort of thought belongs in the 'speculation' thread, I'm definitely most intrigued by how they're going to handle the Micromasters, Cog and Sixgun.

I'm not sure how I feel about the last two. On one hand I'm delighted by the nuttyness of it, and optimistic they're going to have some interactivity/backwards compatibility with their respective Titans. On the other hand I kind of wish some other characters got those slots. Do we reckon they're going to be major/minor retools of each other? It'd make sense if there is some Titan compatibility, I guess.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 25
  2. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping we get most of the Targetmasters. Only ones I have are Cyclonus and Fracas and Caliburst. Hunting down the Takara ones would be a pain.

Really excited for the new Ironhide and Mirage most of all. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  3. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I absolutely adore that Sideswipe, and I’ve been looking to replace Universe 2.0 Sideswipe for years. Siegeswipe’s head sculpt is absolutely perfect.

And as much as I don’t need another Optimus Prime, this one’s robot mode is gorgeous. Looking at the renders, I’m thinking it might be possible to remove the back flaps/eyebrow lights if they bother you too much.

• Like Like x 12
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I actually really like the "Cybertronian" vehicle modes, and if "Gerry Anderson Futuristic" becomes the standard for Non-Earth-based Transformer alt modes I'd be well up for that!

• Like Like x 12
  5. Yaujta

Yaujta ANUTFORAJAROFTUNA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm moving away from mainline stuff, but that Optimus has my attention. I really like the added tech stuff the alt mode has, plus the wear-and-tear paint makes it more characterfull.
    I just really hope the shoulder hinge isn't set back far and give him short arms like that PotP leaderclass trainwreck. That's a deal-breaker for me.

Sideswipe looks like a mini Masterpiece. At least with this one people won't forget to fold out the leg panels all the time.

After Optimus (if the shoulders aren't bad), I will probably only get Deluxes of characters I don't already have, and any cool looking Decepticons.
    Cherry picking, pretty much.

• Like Like x 10
  6. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

I’m honestly hoping the battle damage doesn’t make it onto the final figures. I’m not a big fan of making that a standard feature, especially if it’s only on a couple spots on a figure. The figures themselves look great, but I’d hate to have to take a paintbrush to them all just to clean them up.

• Like Like x 5
  7. barry

News Credits:
    I must admit, I'm not that stoked for the Target/Battlemasters. For me, they feel like a step down from the Titan/Prime Masters.

I can see why he was one of the first ones they revealed. He's stunning, and if he sets the tone of the deluxes, then we're in for a good time. I don't think I'm going to have any qualms about replacing the old Classics and Universe figures. Even the ones I adore like Hound.

Well said chum! I get the sense that a lot of people are rolling their eyes at how un-Cybertronian some of these Cybertronian alt modes are, but it works for me.

*blush* I did that all the bloody time.

Agreed. I think I might be a bit irritated initially, but I can see myself just forgetting about it. Obviously I realise not everyone is as laissez fare as me.

• Like Like x 9
  8. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

I had never felt the need to get an OP, but I just love that truck mode. I've said this in another thread, but it reminds me of those Japanese dekatora trucks with all the tricked out lights. I'm still waiting to see what the battle damage looks like on the actual toy, although right now I'm not too big on it, but i'm okay with being proven wrong. I'm also wondering if the roof on the alt mode can come off completely to give him more of a g1 look, since in bot mode he has the lights on his shoulders.

SDCC needs to hurry itself up.

• Like Like x 4
  9. barry

News Credits:
    Just over 50 hours to go!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    wow, look at all the articulation firebolt has in his art! surely that's based off the toy, right?

11. Yaujta

Yaujta ANUTFORAJAROFTUNA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty G1 in that regard.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

I am utterly ecstatic for where this line seems to be heading just from these 3 reveals! I was not this excited for CW or TR. I personally love the Targetmaster gimmick (and honestly the Headmaster one too). I was very sad that Hasbro did not release Targetmasters alongside the characters who had them in Season 4. I bought a few of the Takara LG releases, but did not have the funds to get the Decepticon Targetmasters, or the figures that came with the Targetmasters for Blurr and Scourge (even after I purchased the reissued LG versions). This new line will seemingly give me the chance to fill in those gaps in my collections for a fraction of the LG figures' costs and I will most likely be doubling up on these. I particularly like the added blast effects, and if you notice, Firedrive (aka Firebolt) has added details on the bottoms of his feet to simulate missile pods... potentially making them better than the Takara versions.

Aside from my gushing over the Targetmasters, Optimus and Sideswipe look fantastic! I am in the camp of hoping that the final versions don't have "battle damage". I honestly don't have enough faith in Hasbro to not make that an even eyesore on the figures.

Finally, the transforming weapons, and the ports to attach in multiple places should drastically up the play value for this line as well as giving an excuse to break out the Prime Masters' decoy suits and all those Titan Masters and their vehicles for some crazy weaponization. I am a sucker for that kind of play pattern, and that should be a relatively unintrusive gimmick for those concerned.

This line has potential to unseat Titans Return as my favorite line since Beast Wars. Time will tell, but I look forward to more designs to see if my predictions are right.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I love how Sideswipe looks. Hope we'll get Red Alert out of him.
    A new Tracks is also on my wishlist.
    If they really are going to do an Ironhide in this style I hope we get a Ratchet, and I hope we find out about it fast.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fade2BlackZarak

Fade2BlackZarak Well-Known Member

I don't care about the Targetmasters at all, but both the Sideswipe and Optimus look great. I really like the addition of the weathering too, helps differentiate things up a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Starry Night Melody

News Credits:
    Man I wanted to make a Seige appreciation thread but I was afraid that if I did it too early everybody would complain and ignore it.

Oh well, I’m going to shill out my wallet and get every figure from this line without a doubt. Optimus and Sideswipe look absolutly radical, can’t wait to see Ironhide and Prowl.

• Like Like x 4
  16. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

I feel this thread is a little early, since the toys haven't been released yet. But I can live with this.

I can't wait to get Firedrive and give him to my TR Hot Rod to make him a Targetmaster.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Yohane's Little Demon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm a sucker for effect parts, I'll most likely pick up the targetmasters and maybe a couple of toys of characters we did not get in prime wars.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GitGudGabe

GitGudGabe v e h i c o n

News Credits:
    Oh this line. Such potential. Such a beautiful prime. A gimmick that isn't obtrusive and won't fuck up a voyager figure (sky-lynx, galvatron, debatebly starscream). I n e e d I t . Long live the new line!

19. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Awwww. They were so close on making a bad ass optimus. The robot mode looks awesome! Should have just ditched the cybertronian them (which fails on that also) and just made a regular cab. It already almost looks like a scaled down mp10. Fuck. That would have been sick.

Screenshot_2018-07-17-22-30-46-1.png

Side swipe is on point tho.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  20. NOBLExGAMER

NOBLExGAMER Well-Known Member

Eh, I think the Masterpiece line is the dedicated series for G1 accuracy while the Generations line is for new/updated versions of characters which I personally prefer. I really can't wait for Sideswipe and am excited to see that OP in hands as I'll most likely end up replacing my MP10V with it.

• Like Like x 13