War For Cybertron Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Transformed, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Totally. Before there were Autobots and Decepticons there existed on Cybertron an abomination called the Transorganics.

Were they brought to Cybertron? Were they of Cybertron? Who knows? They, however, were on Cybertron before the current species flourished and populated the planet.

The Transorganics were not always a fusion of metallic and flesh.

2. Bumblebot

Bumblebot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope in the single player campaign that Optimus and Megatron fight each other in both shooting and melee combat.
    If that happens, it would be the perfect Transformers game for me.

3. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

It annoys me that Hound isn't in the game. He's my fave character.

4. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

The only complaints I have so far, involve the server which the game is running on, and that I sometimes transform accidently while trying to get to LB. However, I can be a little heavy thumbed at times, so I just chalk up mistransforming to my own screw-up. As my time with the demo has progressed, I have started to become more precise with the controls, and the issue of transforming accidently has become less frequent.

I also hope that the server issues that have been rampant in the multiplayer demo, are under control by the time the real game is released. I hate gettin kicked out of a multiplayer when I'm whoopin ass. The night before last I was wrecking the other team, my kill count was 25 and 5, and as I was about to get the game winning kill...the server crashes...and WFC is offline for a couple of minutes. During the real game I'll be pissed if the servers crash like they do now. I'll be especially pissed if I'm playing a clan match, or raking in some good xp and kd ratio.

Besides those two complaints, I've really enjoyed the game so far. The only other complaint I could level at the game is that sometimes it can be a little hard to aim the melee, and that sometimes opponents seem to withstand a lot of firepower. I think people should die quicker, especially when you have been hitting them directly with the x12 Scrapmaker for at least 5 or more seconds. Other than that I really like the game and for once I'm really excited to play and watch the single player story.

5. Hiryu02

Hiryu02 Well-Known Member

I second that, but Hound wasn't known as a "warrior" per se, he was more of a tracker and scout.

Having said that, I do hope he gets added in as DLC. My only concern would be, he'd have to be a scout, but I can't see him being the "car-type" vehicle. Oh well, I guess they could make a new car shell for him. One can always hope.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not directed at the above poster, but I always have a laugh when I see these "weapons don't do anything"/"I die too easily comments." Because they are complete opposite statements.

The thing is, you are not the only one who dies really quick. Everyone can take the same amount of damaged as their peers, and that is relative to the damage of the weapons. You only notice when you die.

On the other side, weapons are not under-powered. If anything the scrapmaker is over-powered, since I have downed enemies with a handful of shots over medium range.

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish you could choose which faction you played on :( 

8. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad you can't choose. this makes the teams far more balanced so you won't have 5 guys grouping on, say, the Decepticons, leaving 2 on the Autobot side.

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    To add to the "Weapons don't do anything" thing. The plasma cannon, which most users here despise, may seem useless, but from what I've seen it takes timing and a steady hand. A fully-charged shot can put a scout in crit condition. I see it the same way I see the null ray. It's tricky to use, but when used right, it's devastating.

10. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Well the thing is, Jeeps, especially the Willy's J59 that the original Hound was based on.....are tiny. Like, Miata sized. Even the new Jeeps aren't very big for SUVs. All they'd need to do is make his Scout vehicle mode look rugged instead of sleek like the other cars.

11. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

The Plasma cannon is brutal. If you use the surprise attack perk instead of the backstab perk, you can one-shot people with the plasma cannon since your damage is hugely boosted for a little bit when you decloak. You can use the null ray the same way.

In fact, the only weapon I haven't really been able to utilize successfully is the soldier's rocket launcher. Yeah, it's got a vehicle lock on, but it doesn't work on scouts because they can turn sharper than the missile, and they can do rolls that break the lock. And it doesn't do enough damage to the soldier class.

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    execution/assasination moves (something like in gears) would be awesome!

tho maybe a little out of place in such a fast paced game. but i guess if halo can do it then why not :p 

13. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    I'm with you on the hovering bullseye feature. Other than "creating a diversion" for the other members of the team, it's a waste. It may play a role in the campaign though where you can't reach an area by just jumping.

It only took me two days and a handfull of matches to get fairly good. I'm no expert but I was tying with most kills in a match pretty quickly. Fun factor is off the charts, in my opinion.

Have yet to master the weapons that require charging. There are no great sniping locations in the map that the demo uses. Also, I would like to be able to jump whilst using the Tornado instead of just running around chasing enemies before it wears off and have to wait for it to charge again.

14. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Dear god no. That whirlwind ability is too powerful as is. Adding the ability to jump with it would make it damn impossible to stop.

My biggest pet peeve right now is the servers, which suck. Note to High Moon... you guys have made a hit. Now you need to upgrade those fickle ass servers. I've been in only three games today, all of which had terrible lag. There are upwards of 9000 people playing this thing right now... you need to fix it.

15. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

So far the only real problem I have is the server issues/host migration. I would like a kill cam and other such things like game winning kill, etc.

16. demonicvenom07

demonicvenom07 Well-Known Member

The only pet pev I have, is some of the stuff I been hearing people say. Why do all the characters do the same stuff ? If I am a autobot I want to do autobot abilities, and the same for decepticon.....but then they want to go on and say how much better MW 2 is and its nothing like this.....LMAO !

Really......MW 2 class system is the same thing. No matter what faction you play for in MW 2, the characters can do the same stuff....you have to make a load out that fits you. I been hearing alot of stuff like this and it just funny to me.

This game is dope and I cant wait to get my hands on the finished product.

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My biggest pet peeve is I need to wait another damn week.

18. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

I'll have to wait til the full game comes out to be sure, but so far my biggest pet peeve is this:

It seems closer to Bayformers than it does the original. Hopefully that will change in the campaign. But from the enviorment, to the robot designs, to the sound fx, to the voice work, it is off. Just kinda annoying since its similarities to G1 were a big selling point to me. HM kinda fibbed on this. Game is fun, but this part is so meh.

The only other serious gripe I have is the server stability. I get disconnected so frequently, its not funny. Hopefully its just a demo thing. They really need to get their act together if its not.

19. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    Matt Teiger and co. better not drop the ball on single player mode.

I'm getting pretty irritated at how Xbox is moving towards all of their games delivering half-assed, phoned in, partly finished "single player modes" and spending all their resources on the online side of things.

But who knows? They didn't release a demo of single player mode. I hope I'm not reading into that too much...

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, 9 of 50 (18%) XBOX 360 achievements can only be gotten from multiplayer play, so I’d say this game still has strong emphasis on the game’s main mode, the campaigns.