War for Cybertron PC mods

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Mar 13, 2011.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I was searching around the internet trying to see what unlockable character's there were for PC. Of course the game itself shows Arcee and Slipstream can be unlocked but I had a "WTF" moment thinking they can't be the only two characters.

After searching it seems the only options for PC users are Mods. And considering the same guys who made Unreal Tournament made this game that's not really surprising. UT was intentionally designed to be easily modded. That game actually came with software to build your own maps and the company put out other down-loadable material for costume characters and weapons.

The odd thing is though with UT, characters, maps, and weapons all had their own individual folders. Once you had a new one created or downloaded you'd just drop it into the appropriate folder and it'd be available for use in the game. (If you dropped a file into the wrong folder nothing in game would be changed as if the file wasn't there at all.)

With that being said... all the files for War for Cybertron are a huge mess all in one folder and I can't figure out how to alter any of it's contents for mods. While I was searching online this web site actually came up several times and I found a topic which showed that it's possible to copy chassis onto both sides and have Bumblebee as and Autobot and Decepticon but I can't find any further information on how this is actually done. I'm also curious if the same method can be applied to copy a chassis to a completely different class. I basically want to keep everyone where they are and just move Soundwave to Scientist then copy each of the 4 "toy" characters so they're all playable as both Autobot and Decepticon.

Also was wandering if anyone has figured out a good "Color Pallet" Mod especially for the Decepticons because they're not color blind friendly and no matter what colors I choose I have no idea what it looks like. The Autobot Pallet I'm OK with, I can't tell Yellow from Green but they seem to be in order so I can at least make an educated guess without being able to see what it looks like. If nothing else I'd just really like to be able to use the Autobot color pallet on the Decepticon side so I don't make cons that look like crap.

2. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

No color mod, but you can go to steam forums and get Zeta unlocked. The other dlc characters can be unlocked too, but they'lle show up with existing chassis, Zeta works just as good as the xbox version.

3. atomicmuffin

atomicmuffin Escalationer

Heres the best we've been able to do... it fixes some graphical glitches and unlocks the new characters. (like vatarian said, the dlc characters come in as different models but you get there powers. Ex. jazz comes in as sideswipe.... this is due to the fact that the models or meshes were not included in the original game. There is no way to port it over from the xbox at this point.)

PC version ini - Steam Users' Forums

4. SaberPrime

I went there, downloaded the thing that was suppose to unlock new characters but there was nothing in that download except for a readme file which does absolutely nothing to effect the game.

5. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

You have to place it in the folder containing the original coalesced ini, rename the original backup, and put in the new file with the name of the original.

6. SaberPrime

Hey it works now. :)  Now if only I can figure out how Optimus Prime is now Available as a Decetpticon so I can do it for the rest of them.

7. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

In multiplayer switch it to the O.P chassis, and voila insta shattered glass/Nemesis Prime

8. SaberPrime

I was actually asking how his code shows the chassis on the Decepticon side. I seen someone do it with Bumblebee as well but have no idea how to do it myself. Me want Evil Bumblebee and Heroic Megatron and Soundwave.

BTW I was playing with Zeta today and noticed there's a delay in all of his animations. The abilities take a min. after I use them before they launch and there's a min in vehicle mode where the hand gun is attached to the side then when I go back to robot mode I'm unarmed for a min. Non of the other models do this, just him.

Also if Escilade or whatever it's called can have Jazz, Scattershot, Demolisher, and Shockwave why not multiplayer?

Last... why exactly did we unlock Arcee and presumable Slipsteam when they were already in there anyway? Just so there's no point in playing single player anymore?

9. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

Huh. The multi. lag thing is odd. I've never had trouble with Zeta. The reason you can't have the dlc chassis in multi. is because it's not the chassis that are available, just the abilities, and icons.

10. SaberPrime

Had another weird glitch with the game. One of the Starscream clones with the reversed speed mode on his vehicle was glitching so that I was moving around in robot mode by hovering and transforming to vehicle mode caused me to be transported back to the respawn point without having died. While in vehicle mode I couldn't move at all. This glitch went away after I got killed and went back to normal for the rest of the game.

11. Ssargon

Ssargon He's... so... wolfy~

I hate to poke in and be a bother in an old thread, but how do you edit the coalesced.ini file to change which chassis go where, and which colours are available to each side? I saw a link for a "TWfC_util.exe" program that can decrypt the files, but it was a dead link.

12. SaberPrime

I don't know, still haven't figured that out. Like I said before with some of the older games it was as simple as dropping a file into a folder. With editing an existing file it's a matter of figuring out what line of text causes this to happen then duplicating it on another file. Older games were a bit easier to read but this I can't figure out. There was a line of text that said "Autobot Decepticon" on it and I thought maybe if I make it "Decepticon Autobot" it'll reverse them but it just reset the game back to it's default settings. (Don't ask me how that works.)