War for Cybertron Official Site Updated - DS Characters, no Wii online play

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sideswipe80, Apr 6, 2010.

1. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

Oh boy. For us wii peeps, this jsut keeps getting worse and worse.

2. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

Wait! when you put your coursur over hte pre-order thing it shows shockwave and another bot. It says they are preorder exclusivs. Teh other bot looks just like Jazz!!!!!!

3. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. Especially since between your last post and this one, nothing new has been announced for the Wii version. :rolleyes: 

4. vrba79

vrba79 Well-Known Member

If a game's only real strength is it's online functionality, it was a steaming pile of shit to begin with.
    All Online is is a misdirection for "We didn't work as hard on this as we could have". Far too many people fall for said misdirection.

5. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking at the artwork/cover, I'd definitely say this sauce is of the awesome variety.

Gameplay however, I'll wait on the reviews. Otherwise I'd just be buying it for the cover (on discount of course!)

6. DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe that is the rear view of Soundwave in vehicle mode... I say that cause there is a little icon next to his name that shows his shape and it also looks like purple windows on the other end of the pic...

7. captain axx

captain axx guitarabot

dude, this looks sick!
    can't wait for multiplayer!
    good thing i'm on xbox

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's just the symbol for "truck/car" Optimus, Ratchet and Bumblebee all have it, despite none of them looking remotely like it. The grill-teeth are obviously the front.

9. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

I like Soundwaves Truck Mode. :D 

10. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't wait to get this game! And I agree with TFcollecterguy, that other pre-order character looks like Jazz.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Nope, I'm not enough of a gamer to buy an entirely new console just for one game.

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Nah, i dotn care if it has no wii online, i dotn play onlnie that much anyway, liek i sayed before i dotn care if if the wii version is diffrent liek the 360/ps3 games i still buy them or rent them (like spidey 3 nad rotf) and i end up loving them so, Nah

13. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Uh... War for Cybertron is a new beginning, a new continuity, reinventing the brand utilizing elements of the past incarnations. Soundwave's G1 bio comments on how annoying he is to other decepticons. So this arrogance is only an element of that. Also, he's a decepticon. Arrogance and superiority is PART of their creed. The only "humble" Decepticon (Jetfire) switched sides.

14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where's the thread with all of the images of the playable characters? I saw it and skimmed it and I thought it may have been fused with this one, but now I can't find it.

15. allesbraun

allesbraun Well-Known Member

Soundwave superior! Autobots inferior! Soundwave Arrogant! ;D

16. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Multiplayer in a lot of games isn't just a slapped on thing and given to the market. It's actually quite intricate to implement, especially with online components.

17. Megatron3666

Megatron3666 Member

more I read about how this game is turning out, the more I wonder if Activision is going to pull the same crap they did with MUA2, and the DLC for Xbox. Put up the patch for Shockwave, Demolisher, and Any other Future Missions and Character Packs for 3 or less months then pull it off and say it's "a limited time offer."

18. stufa1978

stufa1978 Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by Sideswipe80
    So Wii owners since there is no online play will any of you switch over to PS3/360? I really want to know the rest of the 11 exclusive DS characters.

I gotta admit. As a Wii only owner. Well, rather I don't have a HD machine. No PS3 or 360 game made me envy them really. Yeah I know my trusty Wii doesn't have a patch of online support and is inferior. But that never bothered me.... until now.

Wii does have an online game in each genre, except a SW Battlefront style game. And Battalion wars2 doesn't count (a great online game though).

I had hopes that Wii would finally have an online game with vehicles, character classes and so on. I could handle it not being as good as PS360 versions.
    But no online? Why?
    To ignore Wii fans disgust about RotF and cries for online is just plane daft. The Wii has proven it's more than capable of running such a game.

Now for once I do want a PS360 game (sad maybe but...). I've no doubt I could watch YT footage of HD wars. But eventually I will join in too.

19. stufa1978

Oh, one more thing Wii online TF fans. I could offer a small amount of compensation. There is a game on WiiWare called OverTurn. It has online modes and a cool transforming bot. Ok it's not perfect but. As it happens not many go on it. But I think it could offer a little relief.

Personally I found it works well.

20. stufa1978