War for Cybertron multiplayer tips

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Xkcer Man, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    I don't know if someone started a thread about this, but I'm getting owned online, so I'm looking for some ways to improve my multiplayer skills. Any tips?

2. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

1) Level up, unlocking more abilities really helps
    2) Stick with teammates (unless it's a free-for-all death, then you're just screwed), especially scientists. A Scientist + Soldier combo camped out in a secured location with ample cover can easily mow down wave after wave of enemies.
    3) Learn where the health and ammo spawns are, and make sure you or your teammates use them first, even if you're not in dire need of it.
    4) Aim for the heads, especially on big bots
    5) Scouts hit and run, don't stand and fight, same with Scientists. Leave the brawling to soldiers.
    6) Watch your own back, chances are there's someone sneaking up behind you. Always.
    7) Don't start shooting until you're sure that A) you have a clear shot or B) the enemy sees you and is charging your position.
    8) Reload every chance you get.

Just some of the stuff that helps me in MP, though to be honest, there's only so much "tips and tricks" can do to help you as a lot of it actually comes down to simple personal skills. Sometimes you got it, sometimes you don't.

3. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

excellent tips, as a Scientist all i do is hit and run

but I STRESS stay with your team mates....

en masse go to Nodes or attacj objectives....unless you can snipe really well in which case being by your self won't draw too much attention.

Leaders and Warriors are indeed brawlers, Scouts and Scientist are guerilla fighters

4. vbann

vbann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Don't go on a transforming frenzy just because you can, if its not necessary, don't transform. You'll forever loose track of your target (especially for jets/scouts)

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you play soldier go into the tighter small areas it means that its harder for people to dodge your tank cannon shots and close combat attacks plus you cant get picked off by snipers and hit and runs against you become much harder

Also if you have a good friend who plays scientist you can copy the Team Fortress strategy of Medic and heavy.

6. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Tips for Scouts...

-Always move around, and use cloaking to your advantage.
    -Stay with another scout or Soldier
    -Use melee, target other scouts and Scientists
    -Your small, so use debris as cover

Scouts can be very dangerous, mainly because they are fast and when you are a group of scouts, you can be a devastating little army. Personally I like to use Arcee and Barracade.

Scientists;

-Always keep moving in jet form
    -When your health is low, find a hurt teamate and use your health grenade
    -If you get in trouble, use your shockwave and turret and fly off

Scientists are my preferred class. Not only because it has my love(SLIPSTREAM!!!), but also because they are fast and really easy to get out of trouble with. This class takes themost getting used to though, so I'd recommend another class first.

Leaders;

-Transform sparingly
    -Use your default weapon, its very useful
    -Warpacy is your friend. Use it.
    -Only melee when you have to.

Leader is my least favorite class, mainly because I find them tobe too clunky and slow. But with Warpacy they are good way to clear out an area quickly.

Soldier;

-When in tank form, hold back and fire at your enemies from a distance.
    -Use whirlwind, its very lethal
    -Melee is your friend, so use it. Especially when in a group of enemies. Plus,you have a ton of armor, what do you have to lose?

I don't really use soldiers unless I'm doing a node-based game such as Conquest, as you can hold your position very firmly until help arrives.

7. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

This one! This one is pretty much the bane of my multiplaying! Curse you sneaky bots whom I never realize they're there!

8. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I just started today, and got creamed, lol.

These tips ought to help, though I've never been too good at shooters in the first place...

Also, 2000 posts, woohoo!

9. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    1: Be on my team

that's all there is to it

10. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know if these count as tips, this is just how I play.

As a scientist, get air and stay up! You will be amazed at how even in a game like this, ground forces don't look up until you've popped them.
    Don't be afraid to jet down, though. My favorite strategy is to camp in the air until a spat breaks out, rush in, transform, drop sentry, transform and get the hell out of there.
    The best way to play a scientist is to be that guy. You know, the one who gets a shot off, then runs when opposition heads their way. You are too fragile to stand toe to toe with anyone.

As a scout, use that cloak/backstab to your benefit. Go in, get the stab and if he doesn't die, transform and get out! Hit and RUN. Always keep moving and remember your vehicle guns are VERY powerful machine guns. There is no shame in transforming and unloading both barrels into someone's backside. Also, if you can get your grubby paws on one, get an EMP shotgun. At close range it's a one shot kill, as opposed to the scattergun. Get close, get the shot, transform and bolt.

As a leader, you're the only class outside another soldier who can go toe to toe with a tank and surive. Use your precise aim, go for center mass, and don't let them get too close. If you've got it, nothing pisses others off and throws their game off more than Disruption. Being forced into alt mode with no skills for a time can be brutal when you're facing a whirlwind soldier or a scout who keeps dancing. It takes the average player a good 3 seconds to get over their 'what the hell' reaction and start shooting again.

As a soldier I cannot stress enough how much you need to use that main cannon. See a spat across the gamefield? Screw running for it, transform and throw some lead their way. Splash damage is lethal and God help anyone you get a direct hit on. Only leaders or buffed scouts and scientists will survive a direct main cannon shot. You can be a presence in every fight on the map. Don't underestimate the power of whirlwind, but don't forget that you're vulnerable to fliers and scouts who have something to duck behind. Don't rely soley on that whirlwind.

11. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    in my experience, floating with a scientist is a bad idea. Hit and run with these guys.

12. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't float with any character. Or hover. That just screams 'SHOOT ME!'

13. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Ditto on that. Dont forget your vehicle mode ability too. Great for quickly checking on that pesky Scout trying to sneak up on you.

14. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    I level a lot faster on Conquest than TDM. It doesn't take a lot of skill to stand still and capture a node. You even get the full 150 points for capturing just by being there in the last moment of the capture.