War for Cybertron Megatron Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I think this guy has been out for a while but this is the first time my Wal Mart has had one. (and the only one I might add) Still have not seen Soundwave.

Anyway...

Vehicle Mode: I'm going to review both vehicle modes as one part sense it's the same thing just folding the treads underneath. It's kinda like the "vehicle" modes on Transmetal figures from Beast Wars. The hover mode I'm just going to say looks like crap and shouldn't even be a mode. The whole thing is basically just a brick with a cannon on top and I don't care how advance alien technology gets I can't believe this thing would be able to fly like that. With the treads it actually makes a fairly decent Cybertronian tank. The only real flaw is that I wish there was another rotating joint above each split in his arm so that the treads could rotate around and hide his hands. There is some nice detailing inside the arms but it still kind of bothers me that his hands are clearly visible in vehicle mode.

Robot Mode: He looks good but there are a few flaws with the mold. His joint are all very stiff. His chest plate doesn't quite tab into place properly. He's got a really odd elbow joint due to his transformation. And compaired to War for Cybertron Optimus Prime and Bumblebee his transformation and articulation is really simple. Actually his articulation is about as good as a G1 toy, the only parts that seem to move are part of his transformation and all of his joints are really stiff except for the head and chest, they're loose.

I'd give this guy a 3 out of 10 but he does seem to be the worst War for Cybertron figure of the 3 I have so far.

2. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I bought one... haven't opened it. Not too impressed with the Alt mode. Figure that it would make a better Galvatron than Megatron. btw this thread...

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Articulation of a G1 toy, right, cause it doesn't have elbows or knees or neck or... wait... Sorry but I'd disagree with most everything there as that toy has done nothing but impress me. To each his own, but comparing it to a G1 toy is an unfair assessment.

4. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i love it, other than feeling light, he stands squats, has a big ol gun, holds true to his colors.....and his limbs don't fall off easily......i say 8/10 -2 only cause im not a fan of alt mode, but i also have not seen the game so i diont know if this is how he looks

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Um... what? G1 articulation? Ya lost all credit right there.

Also, hovering is not the same as flying.

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Well G1 Optimus Prime has elbows and knees an a neck. Basically G1 toys tend to not have any moving parts other than what's needed to transform the figure which this Megatron does the same thing. The only articulation is needed to transform it.

But anyway I was mainly compairing him to the other two War for Cybertron figures who have WAY better articulation with more moving parts than just what's needed to transform and the joints aren't so stiff. They just move much easier. Of course Optimus Prime is a pain to transform and in a way so is Bumblebee. Bumblebee has gotten easier the more I mess with him but the first few times I transformed him I pulled his feet off their ball joints.

Soundwave I'm not entirely sure till I actually have him in my hands but based on his pictures I'm thinking he could be my favorite of the bunch. Not a big Soundwave fan but it looks like a nice mold and I love how they sculpted the windshield of his vehicle mode to give him that classic look in robot mode.

Just of the 3 I have Bumblebee is my favorite mostly because of Prime's transformation and the fact that his gun doesn't work properly. :p 

7. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.