War for Cybertron is already at my local Sears!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by vincheng2k5, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And nothing will happen to him. He doesn't have a copied game, but a legal copy of the game. How he got it or when he got it DOESN'T matter;) 

2. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Beast Wars movie = dream come true

Haha I thought about this, but I think the exclusive character stuff is packaged inside the game box right? So I'd need to open the game to get Shockwave, and end up with two opened copies - one from Sears to play early, and one from GameStop with Shockwave, neither of which can be returned to any store once they're opened.

And if the code for Shockwave is on the receipt, will it nullify my ability to return the game if I used the code? Otherwise, why don't people preorder a game everywhere for the exclusive stuff, then return the extra games or wait for the games to go on sale? Or have people been doing that for awhile now?

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You lucky bot. Will you post vids and impressions? My local Sears doesn’t have it 

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Read. He returned it.

5. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Damn it. I know it's less then a week, but DAMN IT! The 22nd needs to hurry up and get here!

6. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    25th for us :( .

7. Talyn781

Talyn781 Well-Known Member

Just checked my Sears
    They're not being bad like vincheng's :/

8. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I'm good. I'm just looking forward to getting it the 22nd, and I spend about 20-30 mins a day on average playing the demo to get myself oriented.

9. Bumblebot

Bumblebot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We'll in Glasgow, there's a place called G-FORCE and they usually have games in on a wednesday in the same week the game comes out on the regular friday date.

10. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Probably. You can't be too sure. They might just ban him anyways. Or if they know it's legit, they'll probably just ban him until the street date. Or they probably won't ban him at all. Just saying to play it safe...

...Pun not intended. :eek: 

11. RipCurl

RipCurl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i know the exact shop and shall be checking out the prices . but i dont get paid to the 25th so its no biggy for me :) 

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why would he play it online if no one else has the game? Kind of hard to play MP by yourself.

:lol  @ Gamestop dude freaking out about Sears when the company he works for are no better than con artists themselves.

13. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Sounds like a nice place :( .

14. RipCurl

RipCurl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it is :)  the guys who work there are brilliant. im sure they import games from america and consoles and such aswell . its like a one off shop . sometimes they let you buy rated 18 games . which is nice

15. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    We used to have a store down here that sold import games from America but lack of interest forced them to close. Twice.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only way they'd be able to know whether you used the code or not (if it's outside of the package) is to log onto PSNetwork/XBOX LIVE and o try and use it themselves, even then they'd have to press the apply code button to get verification if the code still worked on not. If they press the button that confirms the code one of two things will happen: 1) they'll get a notification telling them the code is void (if you used it); and 2) that they have successfully, downloaded Shockwave. I don't see them doing this, as there's a chance they would ruin the code for someone else wanting to purchase the game later on down the road.

As dirty as this might sound, the next person wanting to buy the game, doesn't deserve the code—it's a pre-order bonus. If you didn't pre-order the game, why should you be entitled to it?

I think a lot of people are going to be doing this anyway:/ I am, but not exactly like the way I explained it. I'm going to sell my extra item here in Japan.

Amazon.com states that they will send the code via e-mail 10 days after the game ships, and Gamestop says:
    Sounds like the code is out of the package to me.

Nope. That won’t happen. As long as his copy of the game is the real deal, which it is, it’ll keep firing back its unique code telling the server that it is the game it thinks it is, thus not tripping any alarms in the process.

There are several people who already have the game, and these people are playing it now. Those in the game reviewing industry almost always get a copy of the game before the general public does, usually days (weeks?) before the official release. You’ve probably even read a review or two from such places as they told you how good/bad the gaming you patiently waiting for is/isn’t.

Those who work at High Moon Studios most likely have their own copies of the game running on their own systems, too. Those online with their own copy might only be in the hundreds, but I’m pretty certain that there is more than one copy up and running right now somewhere.

17. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I checked my local sears earlier this evening (as I really don't care about the exclusive characters, because they are only playable in Escalation), and there was nothing there. It's all good though, the multiplayer demo is fun as hell, and I got to play some campaign at my local Best Buy today.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

You're a good man vincheng2k5. Most people would'nt care about that dude and would've let him get fired.
    Gamestop should knock a few bucks off the one you pre-ordered, you deserve it.

19. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

Funny because ive worked @ Target and Wal-Mart. And when u ring something up it locks out if its on Street Date. and wont let them ring the item up.....

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So the problems been fixed? This wasn't the case when I worked there.