War for Cybertron film?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Trypticon 2010, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

The first game sold well and received positive reviews, plus there's going to be a sequel in 2012. Do you think a animated/CGI movie may come out after DOTM is all done? It seems like the obvious way to go, what with how popular the Classic line is and it would save having to completly reboot the franchise.

If it was all CGI, then the costs would be far lower then the current movies and therefore more profitable. That is if the general public would go see a TF movie that's not live action. Infact the popularity of the current films could help a WFC film. It would have to have humans but that can be done it CGI now (see Beowulf).

I think if done right everyone would like it. TF fans because of the G1 references and the general awesomeness of it and the general public because it would be in CGI and a Sci-Fi film.

2. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I'd 100 percent go see it. Love the aesthetic.

3. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd go and see it for sure, and I think it would do well given the surge in popularity thanks to the live-action movies.

4. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

This is my thinking, before the live-action movies I'd say it would flop (see '86 G1 movie)

5. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

I like that , love to see something like that.

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I would love a direct to DVD animated movie of WFC, but an actual movie? Eeeh...

7. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I would venture to bet that if any feature length CGI movie was made it would be in the Transformers Prime style rather than WFC.

8. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    They could release it as a direct to dvd animated film and advertise it as a tie in to Prime, with the actual content being closer in content to a tf version of gijoe Resolute than to the content of TF Prime.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This would be a no brainer. I'd go see it a couple of hundred thousand times. I'd even go if it was made by the guys who did the cinematics for the game.

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    if it happens, itll go strait to DVD

11. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still waiting for someone to do a red v blue type thing with the game.

12. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Personally, I'd rather they make something like that into a TV series, called TRANSFORMERS: THE CYBERTRON CHRONICLES or something like that. I want to see a series that tells the story of Megatron's rise to power, how the Great War starts, and Optimus' ascension to leader of the Autobots. And the series ends with the Autobots landing on Earth.

Plus, I think it'd be cool to get a toyline that consists of Cybertronian modes. :D 

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I get the feeling it would end up as a direct to video deal.

But still I'd be all excited for it because DC has been doing some really cool things with direct to video stuff that wouldn't work as a live action theatrical release or as a cartoon series.

Hey and anything that might get us some more toys and a chance to see what some other characters will look like in that style.

14. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

Yes, I think that it would be really great, perhaps even possible/likely! However I am not sure whether or not it would become a big hit in box office. Yes, we would all see the film becuase we're all hardcore Tranformers fans. But what about the people who are simply looking for the action with maybe a developed plot? I'm concerned that the audience may not ever reach WFC the movie because it would not have the 'epic element' the non-TF fans are looking for (e.i. Beowulf, Avatar, etc.).

Let's think it for a moment, was WFC the game really that... 'epic'? I'll admit, I thought the game was uber awesome but I just can't really rank it as 'movie material'. However, it could be a hit depending on the audience that the film would aim for. It could be like 'Prince of Persia' where the game is 'T', but the movie is family-PG. Or they could make the plot and action much darker for older teens to enjoy. Frankly, WFC is currently in between those two options.

Though I would be very excited to see WFC as a CG movie, it think I would rather see a more fitting story in film, such as The Force Unleashed. Or a more likely film-story, such as God of War or Halo.