War for Cybertron E3 Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jun 4, 2010.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Hint, if it´s aproved by Hasbro it exists. Sorry, I´d like to ignore the existance of Beast Machines too, but it´s exists. And about a WFC movie ? Yeah..keep dreaming.

2. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

Machinima any1?? im keen on that!

oh and trypticon looks like ass. sorry yall, but dang, this trailer made me rethink buying the game.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Ha ha, either that or it looks to kick so much metal ass because the human military isn't around to save the day so robot heaven forbid the Autobots get to be the heroes they were meant to be.

Hum, either that or perhaps the game makers had this really silly crazy idea that oh my gosh there might be Decepticon fans out there so why don't we make this about the Decepticons as well instead of just an Autobot love-fest. Decepticons you can recognize with personality and a shot at winning, what a totally silly idea.

4. General Magnus

We´ve been around this. The Autobots are not heroes, they are soldiers. If anything this game says reinforces that.

Now if you say "war heroes" then it´s another completly diferent term.

On another note, don´t take this the wrong way, but the way some people are putting this game on a high pedestal because it´s not Bayformers..wow. I would so laught my ass off if the game turns out shity (not that I want to, but I would be amused).

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not all shows/products are of the same continuity though—Beast Machines was crap. The live action movie and everything are are clearly of different continuities.

So the deasign of one charater was enough to ruin the game for you? Wow.

Hello, the heroic Autobots anyone?

6. General Magnus

Well it´s a Civil War, "War for Cybertron anyone?

And who said you can´t be a soldier and a hero at the same time? Hence the term "war hero".

And yeah, I rather ignore the mess that was beast machines.

7. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    The Fallen ? @ 1:06

8. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

No dude, I'm super cereal about that! This game needs more Michael Bay, otherwise it's just not Transformers!!

Correction, this game needs more American Military, since they are obviously more adept at defeating the Decepticons than the Autobots who have been fighting them for millions of years.

All kidding aside, from the trailers, the game looks to be a dream come true. However, I'm hoping the game play lives up to all the hype. Otherwise, there's going to be some seriously disappointed people out there, myself included.

I also agree on trying to ignore what was Beast Machines. I thought most folks on these boards loved BM though?

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did you not say this. A hero is a hero. It doesn't what matter what kind of a hero you are. You just are.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everybody likes to think they are the heroes in war.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True. Only the losers become the bad guys, right?

Still doesn't change the fact that we've been told by the writers, and well the company that the Autobots are in fact heroes. We aren't talking shattered glass, but the Transformers as they always were. The Autobots are the Heroes and the Decepticons are thugs drunk on power, so...

12. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Yep yep yep I know that, better than anyone too, just wanted to throw out that comment.

But like, I think General Magnus is talking about hero definition "ULTRA NOBLE GUY NEVER SAY DIE SQUEAKY CLEAN", which is probably wrong outside of the cartoons because y'know, soldiers, war, people just won't act like you expect from a disney white knight.

13. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. The incoming shitstorm from certain posters here will be hilarious if this game ends up being poor or gets bad reviews (I hope it doesn't, I also want it to be good).

Don't worry though, the people who bigged up the critics for saying RoTF was bad (And YES, it was a mess of a movie) will suddenly do a 180 and say critics suck if this game ends up with bad reviews.

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    War’s dirty business. Everyone’s going to get $#!+ on them—Prime even states in the Exodus book that he’s going to bring Megatron down no matter how many laws he has to break.

War For Cybertron is the beginning of a conflict not yet finished, but one we all know how it’s going to play out well after this story has completed. The Autobots are self-sacrificing, and if that doesn’t speak of their heroism, I don’t know what does. Optimus Prime, as it has been stated many times over, is a symbol of hope. Autobots look up to him. They want to be him.

15. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah an- wait what?

Exodus? You read the Exodus already?? How did you lucky dog?!

16. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah an- wait what?

Exodus? You read the Exodus already?? How did you lucky dog?!

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Well this time I used the generic term heroes so people could apply any descriptive terms to hero they wanted to add. Plenty of documentaries out there were they just say heroes about the people who landed at Normandy instead of saying war hero or hero of D-Day.

Although yea there is that little part of me that wonders if the game really can live up the level of expectation that has been placed on the game. It would be great to get a fantastic Transformers game, but then there are games that looked super before release only to have fatal flaws once you actually buy the game. Fingers crossed.

18. General Magnus

Well, it´s in the colective interest of the Transformers fandom that the game is good. Maybe more figures, sequels, etc etc. For those things to happen, Hasbro needs to see the game is worth it.

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, not yet. I’m still waiting for my copy. However, I’ve found photos and read synopsis online that illustrate the point I made.

I can’t wait for the book though. It sounds like a very fun and quite interesting read.

20. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where are the photos?