War For Cybertron: Before the Beginning

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Soundwave338, Feb 20, 2011.

?

Which Character should Episode 4 to be about?

Poll closed Mar 1, 2011.
  1. Optimus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ironhide

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Jazz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Megatron

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Starscream

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Soundwave

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Soundwave338

Soundwave338 Broke College Student

This short series will spotlight Bumblebee and Cliffjumper and will take place before and early in the Autobot/Decepticon War. It will feature other in game characters as well as some you might not excpect. So now lets take a trip to Before the Beginning. Please not ALL itallic text is a flashback.

Chapter 1 - Brothers

Bumlbebee and Cliffjumper were the only pair of twins in Iacon. Red Alert, a medic-bot, had diagnosed them as a split protoform. Aside from their heads, they looked exactly alike. However, they couldn't be more different. Bumblebee was a smack talker, he could insult his way out of anything. Only a few bots knew that he had no bite behind his bark. Bumblebee would not get into fights, but thats where Cliffjumper came in. Cliffjumper was so hot-headed, he would fight a repair drone. He gave no reason for the violence, and let Bumblebee do all the talking. They were strongest together, and they knew that. The pair was inseperable.

One day Bumblebee strolled into Cliffjumper's shop. The Repair Shed was Iacon's one and only dumpy building. Nobody complained though because Cliffjumper owned it. Any objections would go to him. Nobody wanted that. The Repair Shed sold EVERYTHING. From replacement parts to makeshift weapons Cliffjumper invented himself. Bumblebee saw Tracks standing at the counter buying a new set of rims. As Tracks walked out of the shed, Bumblebee hazed him. "Nice set of spinners, gear grinder." Tracks only snorted and continued his trot out. Bumblebee casually leaned over the counter and said, "Hey bro, can we talk in the back?" Cliffjumper replied, "Yeah sure, bout to go on an Energon break anyway." Cliffjumper unlocked the work room in the back of the store, and they both entered. The light flickered on to reveal all the failed weapon attemps and a designing desk. Bumblebee glanced over the holo-prints of several weapon designs, but stopped on one. "Hey Cliff, what's this?" Cliffjumper returned with two cans of Diet Energon, throwing one his brother's way. "What are you talkin about?" Bumblebee snapped his fingers and the holo-print increased in size. "This." Cliffjumper glanced away and opened his can, "Just another weapon design, why?" Bumblebee rolled his optics, "It just looks a lot like these." Bumblebee's hands tucked in and a translucent red blade shot out on each arm. "Care to tell me how these got here?" Cliffjumper smiled, "While you were in stasis, I kinda installed them." Bumblebee retracted the blades. "I told you never to test your stupid weapons on me! Shall I remind you of the Scrapmaker X12?" Cliffjumper winced at the mention of his last invention tested by Bumblebee. The rotating machine gun had lost control and nearly destroyed his shop. "Hey, chillax. I tested them out myself before I put them on you." Cliffjumper promptly extended two translucent yellow blades. "Well still, we have blasters." Bumblebee reached into the compartment on his back and pulled out his little energon pistol. Cliffjumper responded by pulling out his own. "I know, but these things are so OLD, besides melee weapons are better. The Con's use em." Bumblebee rolled his eyes, Cliffjumper was always dreaming of a Autobot and Decepticon war. He never shut up about it. The Cons didn't even exist, they were just a rumor to keep Autobots on their toes. "Well anyway, these weapons are......" The ground started to rumble. The brothers raced out of the shop to see a massive purple ship in the sky. It began firing at the tallest buildings, bringing them to the ground. "Decepticons," Cliffjumper said. For once Bumblebee kept his mouth shut. Cliffjumper stared at the sky, "This is really happening."

Bumblebee came out of his flashback, he couldn't loose focus. He had to navigate through the ruins of his once proud home. It wasn't the terrain that was difficult, it was hiding from the Decepticons. Despite being bright yellow, Bumblebee could hide easily. He was an excelent spy, now that he barely talked. After THAT DAY, Bumblebee changed. There was nothing left to say. The images of his long lost brother drifted through his processor, but that was not important. His mission was to find a bot named "Optimus," the news he was carrying was less than pleasant. Their leader, Zeta Prime, had died.

2. Soundwave338

Comments and opinions are welcome.

3. Soundwave338

!

Chapter 2 - The War Within

"Zeta Prime, dead?!" Bumblebee listened silently as Optimus explained the situation. Now Optimus was accepting some mission to activate some planetary guns. Bumblebee was only half-listening. His processor was still racing from only a few cycles before. Two Decepticons had ambushed him and if it wasn't for Optimus and Ratchet, he'd be offline. But that wasn' the problem. The Decepticon attack had taken him back to THAT DAY.

It was a horrifying sight, Decepticon war ships comming from all angles to attck the Autobot capitol of Iacon. Bumlbebee and Cliffjumper acted fast, they dodged a large energon blast that obliterated The Repair Shed. Cliffjumper snarled, "Ok Cons, this just got personal!" Both brothers transformed and drove away from the wreckage. A drop ship had just let off a group of Decepticon troops and Cliffjumper showed no hesitation. He began firing and taking out any Decepticon in his way. Bumblebee didn't know what to do with himself, he had never been in a fight. He just climbed behind a rock and began shooting blindly. The Decepticons noticed the sparatic shots and opened fire. Bumblebee absorbed a high voltage concussion round with his chest, and was flung backwards into a small alley. He stumbled, attempting to recover his systems from the paralyzing blast. Cliffjumper's muffled voice came in over his comm-link, "Run." The only words Bumblebee needed to hear, he transformed and zipped away. He was waived down by some other Autobots taking shelter in an underground basement. Bumblebee glanced around the room at the other Autobots. A blue and white Autobot, Mirage, came up to him. "Are you alone?" Bumblebee shook his head, "No, my brother engaged the ground troops. He is still out there." Mirage started to speak, but he flickered then dissapeared. Bumblebee backed away as Mirage reapeared. "Sorry kid, The Cons shorted out my cloaking tech. I was sneaking around, unseen, to pull other bots to safety. One got smart and shot a round right into my generator." Bumblebee finaly realized what he had done. "We have to go get my brother." Mirage nodded to a green and yellow bot, Brawn, and he looked outside. "Looks like the Con's have moved on to another sector. It's safe, for now." The small band of bots ventured out into a completely different world. Smoke and ash filled the sky, bulidings were incinerated and some were still on fire. Only two cycles ago, this city was standing. Bumblebee took the group over the the remains of The Repair Shed and found a solemn red horn inplanted in the ground. The remains of Cliffjumper. Bumblebee had no idea where his brother was, or if he was still online for that matter. Thats when the guilt set in, this was all his fault. He ran, when he sould have provided backup. Now his borther was gone.

Bumblebee sliced off the head of the last Decepticon soldier with his blade. The only thing that held memories of Cliffjumper. Everytime he used it to kill a Decepticon, he felt he was avenging his brothers death. The planetary guns had been activated and now the group was headed to the Decagon. Another long trip to rehash memories.

Bumlbebee thought Cliffjumper was dead, and he wasn't far off. Cliffjumper had been captured by the Decepticons after a pretty bad beating. His communications had been shut off and all weapons were striped. Cliffjumper was brought before the legendary leader of the Decepticons. Megatron. Megatron stroked Cliffjumpers face, leaving a long gash down one side. Megatron cackled and began to speak, "Welcome Autobot, you have been chosen to undergo a little expirement." Cliffjumper spoke, energon dripped out of his mouth, "Wha-what kind of expirament?" Megatron grinned, "I have been researching Dark Energon for some time now. It's power is almighty." Cliffjumper, now disgusted, retaliated, "Dark Enrgon is uncontrollable, any bot it is implanted in dies instantly." Megatron snarled, "Have you proof of this? No, you are just an ignorant Autobot with no purpose. But I am giving you a purpose, you will be infused with Dark Energon and we will see how "uncontrollable" it is." Cliffjumper gasped, "No, I'll go offline!" Megatron smiled, "What a pity, GUARDS TAKE HIM TO THE HOLDING CELL." Cliffjumper was then transported, he knew his end was near.

4. Ironhide9012

Ironhide9012 Well-Known Member

whoa this is getting pretty good,like the use of some elements from TF Prime

5. Soundwave338

Thank you, I figured somebody would notice the nod twords Transformers Prime. Stay tuned another Episode is comming up!

6. Soundwave338

Chapter 3 - Decepticon Plans

Even though Brawl was a fearless soldier, his processor was uneasy. His master, Megatron was about to do something risky. They were about to take control of a space station under the command of a bot named Starscream. Their mission was to recover some Dark Energon, this substance would be tested on the small, red, grease stain, of an Autobot in the back. The effects of this test could be catastophic. Megatron seemed determined. Brawl was sure they would have to abort when the station's guns began destroying their ship. Then the order came, "Ram this ship right into the heart of that station!!" Brawl could only obey. After the impact Brawl surveyed the damage, the sight took him back to an old battle on a distant star.

"Load that ammo Brawl!" Onslaught ordered. Brawl loved his spot on the roughest, toughest gang on Chaar. The Combaticons were the Decepticon Legion's last resort. The Combaticons could do any job. Their combiner tech was their best weapon. Back in the early days The Legion chose a select few to undergo the gestalt upgrade. The Combaticons formed Bruticus and they could dstroy anything in their path. Until the Aerialbots came along. Zeta Prime had stolen some combiner tech and created Superion. The battle was raging when both combiner teams had to split (Combiners can only stay united for so long) the teams narrowed each other down until two off of each team remained. Onslaught and Brawl from the combaticons, and Silverbolt and Air Raid from the Aerialbots. Before the two Combaticons could kill the pests, they transformed and flew away. Brawl knew the battle had to end anyway, he only had half an energon clip left in his gun and he was leaking in multiple places. The Combaticons walked away, knowing they had lost. Vortex, Swindle, and Blast Off would be avenged. When Brawl got the oppertunity to work with Megatron, he knew his chance had come to get revenge. With Megatron by his side, he would have the upper hand and Silverbot and Air Raid would fall at his feet.

Brawl had no idea where Onslaught was now, but he was sure the Combaticons would be reunited at some point. However, that was not the objective. During the attack on the ship, the holding cell had lost power. When the ship crashed into the station, the hull had been breached and the Autobot prisoner had escaped. Megatron reacted differently than Brawl thought. He calmly stated that the Dark Energon would be tested by himself, he was positive that he could control the power. Any Autobot that had the privilage of being near Dark Energon was dead to Megatron. So they began the jorney throught the station, and the quest for Dark Energon began.

7. Soundwave338

Well now the poll is closed. The results, a tie between Ironhide and Starscream. So now I get to choose. This episode will spotlight Starscream. I really don't want to put Ironhide in yet, mainly because I don't have much of a story for him. :banghead: 

8. Soundwave338

Episode 4 - Decepticon Plans Part 2

He had to hide. Megatron was in his station and he had to hide. He couldn't show fear, Megatron FED on fear. Starscream raced around the corridor and locked himself in the broadcasting room. He could use the holo-projectors all around the station to communicate with the feared Decepticon leader, without comming close to him. As Starscream gave attack orders to his soldiers, he pulled up a viz screen. Megatron was not alone. At his side were two troops. One was small and new, Barricade, the screen said. The other was nonmistakeble, Brawl was a Combaticon. Starscream fumbled over the holo-screen controls as he communicated with the Decepticon troop. His mind took him back to olden times.

Welcome to the Autobot Core Starscream, Zeta Prime had been so kind to him. He had witnessed the Autobots way of doing things and he was amazed. The Autobots treated each other with compassion and they never stabbed each other in the back. After Starsream's enroll and upgrade from protoform, he had been outfitted with the newest flight protocol on Cybertron, he began training. The Autoboot Camp was a bit tougher that he imagined, but how were they going to whip a group of immature protoforms into strong warriors? They said the first fight would be the hardest. Starscream thought it was the best thing in the world. He loved fighting for the good of his home world. Then the bomb was dropped. He had avoided the detination, but the shockwave hurdled him into space. His navigation systems had been destroyed by the shockwave, so all he could do was fly. He flew from star to star, trying to find a purpose. Then he landed on the station. The space station was run by a bot named Victory Saber. He had the flight protocols as well and was equipped with glorious wings and twin melee swords. Starscream began work in the station as an Energon refinery bot. He worked his way up to second in command under Victory Saber. Then Victory made the descision to refine dark energon. The substance was dubbed "The Blood of Unicron". It was very unstable and the Decepticons wanted it for it's raw power. Starscream knew it was a mistake when the Decepticon raids started coming. Victory Saber fought valiantly and he defeated EVERY foe to step on the base. Until Grindor came, the hulking Decepticon made short work of Victory Saber. As Grindor ripped Victory's spark out, Starscream made his first cowardly act. He fled for the first time. After Grindor had ravaged part of the station, Starscream returned to take control of the station. He had relented Dark Energon ever since.

Megatron had made his way through all Starscream's defenses and he was now at the Dark Energon chamber. Starscream was about to destroy the last of the Dark Energon in the station, but Megatron had gotten to it first. Starscream watched in awe as Megatron absorbed the Dark Energon and was able to control it. He no longer relented Dark Energon, he craved it's power. He just needed to be taught to control it, by non other than Megatron. As he gave his allegance to the Decepticons, Starscream came up with a plan. If he could become more powerful than Megatron, he could overthrow him and take control of the Decepticons and end this war forever. Peace once more. Starscream began a new mission to the core of Cybertron as a Decepticon logo glowed hot on his wings.

9. Soundwave338

So, I figured Decepticon Plans was too short, so I went ahead and made it a two part episode. Episode 5 will hopefully be a full episode in it's own.

10. Soundwave338

Sorry it has taken forever to put up a new episode. I will attempt to write one soon.