War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    We get it, you really want boss :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That seems very likely considering how they've been going. I didn't check to see if it's been mentioned, but with the gimmick of being more cybertronian designs, would that lead to a cybertronian style Seacon team? The alt modes could be awesome, but I doubt it will scratch the itch for those wanting a upgrade to combiner wars style to fit with the others. Maybe a reveal for a box set at either SDCC or Hascon this year?

3. Rubytarn

Rubytarn Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd love a voyager snaptrap

• Like Like x 2
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    There will be a Snaptrap. I've got the Terrorcons in hand and these are absolutely going to get retooled as the Seacons.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I don't see this at all. Some, absolutely. Blot to the what's-his-name fish, and Rippersnapper into Overbite. But honestly that's all I think could work. Some may say Cutthroat into Seawing, but Seawing is clunky, he can't be thin like Swoop and Cutthroat. Sinnertwin can't be anyone, and Hungrr into Snaptrap definitely won't work when Hungrr isn't even a good Hungrr.

Also honestly I'm getting pretty tired of the CW level of retools. I understand that they're necessary, but this level of retools/shared engineering is too much for me. It makes the figures all feel the same, and I don't want that.

6. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Swoop is Seawing. Replace the pteradon head with a tail and turn him backwards. He's Seawing. You wouldn't even need to redo the wings, they're already going the right way (flat end frontward and curved side to the back)

Sinnertwin is both Nautilator and Tenta-Kill. Replace the necks with claws/tentacles. If you look at the Sinnertwin leg transformation its similar to how Snarl's front and head transform. And both mirror how TFC handled their Nautilator/Tenta-Kill.

And we *know* Hun-Gurrr is a Snaptrap pre-tool. The way he forms the torso mirrors how Snaptrap transforms into turtle mode. Just like Seawing you'd replace the tail with a turtle head and you're set to go. Hell, the prototype shots had to be "censored" because Hasbro put the wrong head on them. Who's head do you think that was? If anything, they had Snaptrap first and figured out how to turn him into Hun-Gurr.

You not wanting isn't the same thing as it not happening. You don't *want* the Terrorcons to be retooled into Seacons, but that is absolutely what is about to happen. Or at least was a plan in the works and hopefully comes out sooner than later.

7. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nope. The wings would need to be retooled, look at how thick they are on Seawing, you would also need to account for the claws. The legs wouldn't be shaped right either if they do it that way. The arms would also need to be bigger in order to account for turning into the beast mode legs. Usung Cutthroat's arms as legs would look ridiculously thin. As for the mantanray head, it's not a square-shaped look like the current legs make.
    Sinnertwin as Nautilator maybe, but then you just have the guant chunk of lobster head and claws as a backpack, and that would look atrocious on a modern day figure. And Sinnertwin definitely does not make a good Tentakil, due to needing to stand upright, and flipping the top of the head of the squid into the legs, you wouldn't be able to fold anything back. On top of that for both Nautilator and Tentakil you would need to add additional hinges for the beast legs, which would be difficult to find placement for on the current mode. And you would need to find placement for their arms as neither of them have arms thatvform like Sinnertwin or Snarl. It would make more sense to retool them out of each other now that I think about it. Not everything needs to be a previous retool you know.

Just like we "knew" Rook was a retool for Brawl? Or how we "knew" Sky Lynx was meant to contribute to Razorclaw due to having a 4 legged mode? Or how we "knew" the TRU exclusive Thundercracker was a PotP Screamer repaint? Forgive me, but using such certainties now makes you seem like those convinced of these things back then. All of which I've seen people claim were certainties here or elsewhere in the community. That's why I try to avoid such certainties because I think it's been well proven you can truly never be certain. True, there also have been success stories of certainties, like with instruction pics. And on that note, what about the prototypes with different heads that never came to be, like FoC Grimlock Megatron or CW Onslaught Demolisher? Hasbro has said sometimes they play with repaint potential with head sculpts but they can get scrapped. That's why I think you're looking into the Hascon bit way too much. And mind you, I was there at the presentation, I noticed that too. And it was completely talked about as Hungrr, no sly teases to other characters. It was more likely that they censorred it as A) They were still working on the headsculpt at the time the picture was taken B) They wanted more reveals to tease at NYCC the following month. On top of that, considering the size of Hungrr's head, the element that most claim to be Snaptrap's horns would be extremely thin and very breakable. That's why I believe that was just a way to tease for future Terrorcon reveals. Also "replace the tail with a head and there you go" definitely doesn't work. If, like you suggest, turning Hungrr backwards would help us make Snaptrap, that doesn't account at all for the huge arms the mold had. Considering Snaptrap's stumpy turtle mode, the front arms would be way out of wack and would require larger hind legs, which would be difficult to place in combined mode. Making Snaptrap out of Hungrr is like fitting a square peg in a round hole.

I do believe I'm allowed to give my opinion on the potential of the matter, no? Not only do I believe it's impossible to make a good Seacon team out of all the Terrorcons, but I also simply wouldn't want such a thing due to the reasons I laid out. I don't think it would result in a good figure, and I love the seacons, I actually want to get them. But I don't want a phoned in forced retool set that won't work. Just like I don't want the CW Liokaiser. I feel the team can do better.

8. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I think part of the Snaptrap "knowledge" was the face sculpt hasbro hid when Hun Gurr was first shown. From what we could see, the details matched Snaptrap's head. I think that, unless they pull a CW Demolishor with it, that's pretty good evidence that there's some form of Seacons somewhere in the pipeline.

• Like Like x 1
  9. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I said Swoop is a backwards Seawing and you go back to Cutthroat?

"His wings are too thin and wouldn't have claw on them!" - So what? It wouldn't be "Geewun!" but they'd still be wings with the same general shape. Hell, Swoop's don't even have claws on either side. Perfect. No need to even retool them.

"You need to account for the claws!" - Yeah, you'd take them off. He'd either have flaps for his mouth or his robot legs would just turn into the head like they did in the original.

"Beast mode legs!" - Who says he'd have them? TFC's Seawing didn't have them.

Heck, looking at Cutthroat there's also nothing saying they won't just use this mold and replace the purple joint the beast mode head attaches too with something different for his manta head and call it a day. Sure he wouldn't transforme 100% accurate to G1 but then neither did Hun-Gurrr. And then they've got beast mode legs, a tail that folds out of the way, and wings with claws all built in.

I don't think we saw details, they just took great effort to hide the head. So unless they've got another character in mind for Hun-Gurr odds are pretty damn good the head they didn't want us to see was Snaptrap and that's what this mold started out as.

That would explain why Hun-Gurr's transformation is similar to G1, but his beast tail winds up on the wrong side in bot mode (it was originally Snaptrap's head) and his chest shield is a bit wonky in beast mode (it's original use was part of Snaptrap's turtle shell.

10. BxChris8669

BxChris8669 Well-Known Member

Maybe we'll finally get the often rumored Voyager class Apeface and Snapdragon. The clock's ticking, Hastak, if I see the KFC versions on sale somewhere, it'll be too little, too late if you don't show us something soon.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  11. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    In terms of details, I was mostly referencing the sharp points that extended above the con symbol meant to obscure the sculpt. Those seemed pretty in line with Snaptrap. I gotta agree, it's looking very likely that Seacons are gonna show up.

12. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Combiner Seacons and Apeface/ Snapdragon are on my shortlist of needed G1 updates :) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They need to finish their release of the cassettes. I mean, they started those at the end of CW and now POTP is nearly over and....well..

14. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Sorry, I misread, as was just thinkingvitvwas the same mold and was usingbthe nanes interchangeably. That was my fault.

Except doing it your way would resultbin manta ray wings. It'd look like a block with swoop's wings backwards and frankily that would look ridiculous.

But again. Removing the claws would make it less a manta ray wings and more swoops wings backwards. It'd look dumb. As for the legs, please look at what I said, notice how the shape is different for the legs as Seawing's beast head flips upside down for the head, compared to how the Swoop legs accordian out.

Please keep in mind Hasbro and Takara Tomy are NOT TFC. Please stop comparing them. One is a Third Party company doing what they want, the other is the original source. The difference is, if you notice, Hasbro/TT shape what 3rd Parties do as companies. It is not the other way around. The idea of Hasbro looking up TFC's Seawing and saying "Maybe we should do it like that" isn't believable. Also, you seem to be ignoring Hasbro's current motif. If you paid attention to what's being released, we're going very slavishly G1, to a point I've seen many complain of it. I point to the toy accuracy lengths Hasbro has gone to replicate in recent years on figures. You should look at things based on what Hasbro has been doing, and not what 3P have done for individual characters.

They didn't take "great effort" to hide the head, they put a logo over it at a convention reveal, and immediately showed it the next con. Also if the mold started as Snaptrap, why wouldn't they release Snaptrap first? I love the Seacons, so I'd hate to say this but this is totally the truth, the Seacons are C-List characters, with no significant appearances anywhere recently. The Terrorcons are more likely B-List. They were in the cartoon, appearedvin some comics with some roles, they were at least around. If Snaptrap was designed first, why not release Snaptrap first and release the more in demand characters after? Why hold back on him?

Hungrrs transformation could also just be due to having to have the same engineering as Silverbolt and they didn't want the tail on the same side as the combiner chest. And again, Snaptrap still has different legs to account for that present an issue. If he were coming, he would need to be heavily retooled.

But like I said, according to Hasbro, the Demolisher incident seems to be rather common. And I will say, I find obscured horns from a con reveal prototype photo a bit far from "pretty good evidence". If this was from the instructions I think we'd have a different chat.

15. EightBitHeart

EightBitHeart normal regular human

16. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

Plus Targetmasters are the least invasive form of "master".

• Like Like x 1
  17. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I`m late getting back to this , but I would pay what ever it cost just to get a few new molds, updated of course...Heck , I`m down for a G1 solid take on a few new characters .

18. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As you said, it`s all a sign of things to come, including the remaining headmasters, the remaining gestalts ( PLEASE GODS! ? ) as well as , dare I say ..PRETENDERS ... I actually look 4ward to the trilogy , I`d appreciate it a lot more if it`s connected to the PrimeWars trilogy...I dislike the constant recycling of things, at least as often as it happens... just me though, imo.

19. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    At first glance it looked like the PotP leader with different accessories, but if you look at the silhouette it is pretty different. I'm hopeful that this is a voyager figure, and that there's a Megatron to go along with it.

Here's the kicker for me though, I see the smokestacks but what are the odds he has a cybertronian alt mode?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rubytarn

Rubytarn Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm going say it's some type of cybertronian type of truck. I also hope this is a voyager & I wonder which characters would be the other 5 voyagers

• Like Like x 2