War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I'd totally missed that, where/how has it been confirmed?

2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Royal Red

News Credits:
    It hasn’t been confirmed, but it has been brought up by reputable sources and leaks a few times now. I’m pretty sure I even replied to one of your comments before mentioning it, but anyways.

A few months ago a reputible leaker came forth with some info about 2019 releases, it was pretty basic, but it mentioned that the next line would have roughly the same amount of figures as POTP, and that Micromasters would return and take over the Legend Class price point(presumably similar to Mini-con three packs). A single Micromaster would also come with “the two main size classes”, which would presumably be deluxes and voyagers as those sell the best. From there it was mentioned that “Battlemasters” would also be a thing, taking over the Prime Master price point(and have been speculated to be Targetmasters but including melee weapon.)
    Tidbits On Hasbro Transformers Toylines For Year 2019 - War For Cybertron, Movie Masterpiece Figures And More - Transformers News - TFW2005
    (The poster went more into depth further into the thread.)

Not long after that, a few listings came up alongside some Bumblebee movie figures at the $10 price point and hade codenames referring to them as groups.
    Bizarre New Amazon Listings - Transformers Toilet Troop
    (The first four, presumably the first four multi-packs in wave 1.)

Hasbro even acknowldged them on their Instagram in a tease for SDCC, too.
    Hasbro's Perplexing Instagram Story

3. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

You know what else would work? Targetmaster Pointblank.

• Like Like x 3
  4. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    I'm confused. You've literally quoted me saying Pointblank and then said Pointblank would work too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rubytarn

Rubytarn Well-Known Member

Also turbomaster boss could also work from the new counterpunch mold all you would have to do is remold some parts, give him one robot mode, and give him the traditional boss headsculpt

• Like Like x 1
  6. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Sorry. This is why I'm scared of living.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

The head wouldn't be that hard since he's already got a bit of that chin.

8. Rubytarn

Also with boss I'm wondering if he'll get to have his huge turbine gun

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

Prime-Wars-Trilogy-Punch-Counterpunch-04.jpg
    [​IMG]
    Prime-Wars-Trilogy-Punch-Counterpunch-05.jpg

The middle of the car mode can fold in. Maybe the Battle Masters can fit in as the engine/gun

• Like Like x 4
  10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    Alright, given what we've seen from P/CP...let's assume the next gimmick is still "Masters" but they're not specifically Head/Target/Powermasters. And this guy will come with an armor type accessory that pegs into his chest. That way he's still technically "power of the primes" style just not a combiner limb.

So what if the "gimmick" is that each figure will have either Armor or a Weapon that allows them to store a "-master" figure. Characters who were previously targetmasters will have a weapon, characters who were previously powermasters will have armor. That allows Deluxes to continue having two accessories (the Master-Compatible accessory and either a sidearm or "shield" based on whichever one doesn't store the Master)

Regardless of how they integrate, next we have to figure out who's going to get released. Seeing P/CP, let's start with the obvious:

1. Pointblank.

From there, let's complete the Autobot Targetmasters:

2. Crosshairs.
    3. Sureshot.

I'm going to run with the theory that Crosshairs will be based off the engineering for Kup/Orion Pax, similar to how Dead-End evolved into the Chromedome mold.

Pointblank already reuses the P/CP mold, so that leaves Sureshot.

4. Joyride.

Close enough in alt mode and would be similar to how they worked Getaway out of Chromedome. Let's go from there.

5. Slapdash.

Thanks to the fan vote we know Mirage is coming. I would wager it's also safe to assume all of the options were molds that Hasbro already had a use for, and we as fans simply chose which repaints we wanted to get. And now that we've got all of the Autobot Powermasters covered...

6. Doubledealer.

For the past three series, we've had triple changing voyagers. Hasbro has been showing a habit of going back around to complete sets of characters even across gimmicks (Headmasters, Targetmasters, Insecticons, etc). So it's not impossible to think that they could return to true triple changers, especially since many of the remaining options could be arguably cybertronian. That would also allow them to fill out the Voyager waves with...

7. Springer.
    8. Sandstorm.
    9. Apeface.
    10. Snapdragon.

And as we saw with CW/Titans, Hasbro has been willing to take existing molds and work with them to produce brand new figures from existing engineering. They've gone back to the well with Twinferno to get the Monsterbots, yet never went back to *any* of the beasts from Titans Return. What if that changes?

11. Squeezeplay.
    12. Fangry.

From a mold sharing engineering elements with Twinferno/Grotusque/Repugnus.

13. Horribull.

Sharing engineering with Skullsmasher.

What about Leader class? Well, I'm still holding on to the idea that Evolution is going to stick around even if every leader figure doesn't take advantage of it. Think of it like how Sixshot barely had a "base mode" during Titans. And with what we're seeing out of SDCC, Optimal Optimus and his Prime form are considered two different designs. Given that, it's becoming far more likely had someone like Star Saber or Thunderwing won the fan vote we'd have seen the debut of that mold in it's Prime form ahead of the reveal of a figure based more on their G1 appearance.

That said:

14. Star Saber.
    15. Deathsaurus.
    16. Thunderwing.

All three of these have a way of working with the inner robot gimmick that could also fit with their G1 concept (Super Pretenders, Breastmasters, etc). But if you really want to go out in left field....if you think WfC is going to go further in integrating the -master gimmick as a more prominent/permanent aspect of Transformers going forward: Of course Breastmasters going to return. Those are practically what Deluxes are already.

So what if Hasbro/Takara take this opportunity to circle back around and debut Monstructor, Piranacon and a *true* Liokaiser? Piranacon could potentially be a set that includes accessories that can turn the fifth Deluxe into a weapon, and Liokaiser would be a set that includes the parts needed to form a stable torso out of two deluxe figures.

Especially when, for all intents and purposes, the molds needed for *all* of these figures are out there in the world waiting to be retooled. The only exceptions would probably be the bots needed for Monstructor and Liokaiser's torsos. And that is where you can either sell them as a single voyager boxed set or absorb the cost of the accessories needed in a boxed set of the whole team.

17. Snaptrap (from Hun-Gurr)
    18. Skalor (from Rippersnapper)
    19. Overbite (from Rippersnapper)
    20. Nautilator (from Sinnertwin)
    21. Tenta-Kill (from Sinnertwin)
    22. Seawing (from Cutthroat)

This has been fun, and could all be very very wrong...but at the same time it feels like that's where they want to head with what we've seen thus far.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Rubytarn

Omg! that car mode and robot mode would look amazing in boss's color scheme. All you would have to do is give the car a spoiler and the robot mode a new head. Loving this mold! I really hope they use it for boss, nightbeat, and pointblank in wfc 2019

• Like Like x 2
  12. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

... I could use a Springer and Sandstorm. I would really like a modest retool of the T 30 ones that can seat TM/ PMs or use the prime armors.

• Like Like x 1
  13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    - Thunderclash from a new mold or retooled PotP Optimus.
    - Boss from P/CP.
    - Rotorstorm as the planned mold Spinister would've been a repaint/tool of.
    - Flash as the planned mold both Wheeljack and Tracks would've been based on.
    - Hurricaine from Mirage/Slapdash
    - Scorch from a mold they could reuse for Hoist...

And they would fit the concept if Hasbro wanted to continue on with the "-masters." Each would have their turbine weapon that could house a -Master figure.

• Like Like x 3
  14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I can honestly see Drift being used from Punch/Counterpunch since both characters share similar design cues and it would only be a matter of switching up certain parts on Punch/Counterpunch to give use a Drift figure out of the mold.

15. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since everyone is all in on Turbomasters/Predators (which I fully support), I'd add that Stalker as a Doubledealer re-something (tool/deco) and Rotorstorm* from whichever copter mold would be fun.

*And Blue Bacchus (a man can dream he can complete his Victory lineup someday)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Constructor

Constructor Liquor, Ladies, Smokes, and Spice!

You could even get a Drift/Deadlock thing going on as well!

• Like Like x 3
  17. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Rotorstorm would be coming from whatever mold they had in mind for Spinister had he won the poll. Also, looking up "Striker" and that's a perfect use of the Doubledealer mold.

I've had Blue Bacchus pegged as a reuse of Sandstorm with Rodimus as a possibility for Springer since the triple changers made their return during Titans.

• Like Like x 3
  18. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I could absolutely see Flywheels sold as two Legends packed together. Sell Wingwaver, Dashtacker, and Machtackle that way as well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

I could see that working possibly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I'm on the Turbomaster/Predator bandwagon. I think they'll turn their weapons into Targetmasters.

• Like Like x 3