War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

In IDW, if they are sort of going to do a reboot, I wonder if something happens to Time/Space with Unicron and they sort of go to an alternate Universe?

Marvel and DC do it all the time...

2. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

My guess/ I hope they do this:

"War for Cybertron" isn't what most expect. It'll be a line that takes Prime Wars gimmicks a step further and add in a few surprises.

$5 Product slot - Target Master bots just like POTP but with human figures instead of Primes as "pilots" for what is a mech suit based on GI Joe/MASK/Cobra/VENOM figures and other human sized characters from the comics. And one for ROM!

Legends - New bots but based on GI Joe vehicles and such taking the gimmick of Primemasters/Titanmasters as drivers for them.

Deluxes/Voyagers/Leaders - Mix of old and new figures; MASK/VENOM/JOE/COBRA vehicles that have bot modes and their drivers become bot mode heads (like Trakker becoming the head for the bot "Thunderhawk"), classics characters that have yet to be updated (no headmasters like the human lead bots unless the gimmick can "play" with the character, think Nitro Zeus), an update to Road Ceaser, Thundercracker voyager repaint, Shockwave as a voyager Cobra tank, Leader class figures that act as bases/playsets for human figures (think MASK Rhino that also turns into a bot). Targetmaster bots show up with their partners being a part of the $5 product line.

It would be a sort of generic take on the current IDW story while testing the waters for other product lines (like bring Joe back in a new format, etc).

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ddg studios

Ddg studios Well-Known Member

I NEED A LEADER CLASS STAR SABER :( :( :( :( 

• Like Like x 6
  4. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    Between the fan vote and this talk of War Dawn, I imagine the new trilogy could be looking into sub factions (targetmasters/Wreckers) and time travel as an overarching theme.

Perhaps sub groups of present day Autobots and Decepticons will find themselves battling other sub groups from Cybertron’s past and maybe future.

That or perhaps each section of the trilogy will focus on the sub factions of different eras on Cybertron.

5. Ddg studios

Ddg studios Well-Known Member

WAIT WERE GETTING A REBOOT OF THE COMICS!!!

6. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:

That's my point. If they did it before, they can do it again.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    It's probably just Cyberverse Megatron.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    That's a good example. I came late into motuc, because he-Man and skeletor were not readily available. I wanted to have them first.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Only DEFENSOR,PREDAKING,and ABOMINUS could be from Cybertron.Superion and Menasor were made by Vector Sigma and old jets.Menasor was made from Vector Sigma and Earth vehicles.Bruticus was made by old army vehicles on Earth by Starscream.Volcanicus is Dinobot,and the Dinobots were made on Earth.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

More specifically, it's Evergreen Megatron. The Cyberverse designs appear to be based on the former. Cyb. versions are simplified and Animated-esque, the difference is most apparent with Grimlock;

[​IMG]

And there are subtle differences, for example Evergreen Bumblebee has ridges on the sides of his helmet and no chest stripes. You can also see diagram shots for Bumblebee and Optimus on the background.

If they're teasing that the 2019 WFC figures for those characters are derived from Evergreen, that's interesting because Optimus and Bee explicitly have Earth modes (Megatron's toys have been so simplistic as to be vague, but judging from the mini-figures that come with that little book, he's intended to be an Abrams tank.) But it might not be signifying anything at all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDW Megatron

13. Icefire90

Icefire90 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Not so much speculation as much as wishful thinking, but i hope that we get to continue with the little pretenders for that $5 price point, get a flywheels similar to battletrap, an evolution star saber somehow, and the two horrorcons. Stuff like more minibots and throttlebots will probably happen. i am not going all in on the cybertron mode idea for all of the figures, I don’t want to assume anything too fast without evidence. Same thing with potp ending so fast but who knows.

• Like Like x 2
  14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Thinking about this for a while now I can see the line using the chance to bring us the Unite Warriors Technobots since they all fit into the theme of non earth alt modes and it would be an inexpensive way of getting the molds without having to get the UW set. Like how POTP is bringing us the UW Blast Off mold.

15. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My absence

16. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a new version of cybertron starscream armada optimus prime jetfire armada red alert armad megatron demoliahor and cyclonus those toys need updates an energon wing saber with retro compatibility to energon prime

17. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    At least if the "War Dawn" design approach is where they're going, the figures double up to cover more than one generation: You can look at it as a pre-Earth G1 cast.....or a line full of corpses from Beast Machines. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ethan personaff

Ethan personaff Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My votes for the panel are Needlenose, Spinister, and Impactor. And maybe we can get a new Tracks figure later on.
    Now for the rest I want to see:
    Legends:
    Huffer
    Pipes
    Frenzy
    Ratbat
    Eject
    Gears
    Swerve
    Deluxes:
    Bluestreak
    Red Alert
    Shrapnel
    Cosmos
    Nautica
    Voyagers:
    Ironhide
    Ratchet
    Grapple
    Bombshell
    Shockwave
    Warpath
    Leaders:
    I don't really mind any leaders.

19. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Or maybe he can be an upside down cybertronian submarine?

You know, for traversing the rust sea... upside down.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I don't think Volkswagen had a presence on Cybertron millions of years ago. Though I would like to get the rest of the Throttlebots myself :) 

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018