War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

Is it just me, or has there been a general trend to releasing Powermasters lately?

Think about it for a second
    • Doubledealer in Thrilling 30
    • Getaway, Overlord, and Powermaster Optimus Prime in Titans Return
    • Darkwing and Dreadwind in Power of the Primes
    That only leaves Slapdash and Joyride..... So maybe we're getting them during Siege?

2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Ok. If that interview a while ago, I just hope John warden mentioning Wheeljack a couple of times does mean they did have plans, but after the polls they tossed it away. No offence, I still take everyone's comment that there may still be one in the future of war for cybertron.

3. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus Function: Emoticon Commander

4. Gallade

Gallade Active Member

News Credits:
    Not during Siege. We've already got the whole line planned out unless they're exclusives, but it seems unlikely. Maybe parts 2 or 3, but Siege's main waves have already been revealed it seems.

5. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    After we got Bruticus in the Fall of Cybertron line, that left the rest of the Combiners, but we got Bruticus again in the unified gimmick in Combiner Wars.

After we got Brainstorm in the T30 line, that left the rest of the Headmasters, but we got Brainstorm again in the unified gimmick in Titan's Return.

After those and many other examples, you're still ignoring unified gimmicks that are accurate to their heritage in your speculation? Really?

Not only that, but Warden said that each characters released in the future will come with gimmicks that define their characters.

I have to disagree with your entire premise. I think it's more likely we'll get all of the characters you've listed in a line of updated Powermasters.

6. Saberclaw84

Makes sense, actually. Given that very few of these toys share the same gimmick from their releases in recent years. But its a speculation thread for a reason!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    That's something he'll never understand. His negativity and unwillingness to play nice is getting very close to my ignore button.

8. orangeitis

Ebay:
    Of course we can speculate. I was just trying to explain why I disagree instead of just saying the boring "I disagree".
    Sorry...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

I personally haven't had any problems with @orangeitis. Must just be you, then.

• Like Like x 3
  10. orangeitis

Ebay:
    If you guys have an issue with what I say, please tell me. I realize that even though my intention is to give my two cents or even help, all it does is cause an annoyance. I'd rather understand what I'm saying wrong instead of annoy people to the point that they ignore me.

Again, I'm sorry.

11. Gallade

Gallade Active Member

News Credits:
    The only thing I can see for now that is a problem is the way you word things. You seem to word things making it sound like you're upset with the way people think and it feels like you insult them for thinking differently from you. You give off the "Are you stupid" or "You're really dumb for thinking that way because" kind of personality when you type words sometimes. That's just what I see is all. Just the wording and miscommunication.

12. orangeitis

Ebay:
    Yeah, that definitely doesn't accurately represent my actual opinion. I really don't mean to give off any hostility at all. I guess it's just something I have to really work on.

Thanks for explaining it to me, but I'd rather not derail the thread any longer. Let's get back on topic, if that's okay.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Gallade

Gallade Active Member

News Credits:
    No problem! You can do it, I believe in you! It takes some time and I understand that you don't mean any hostility.

Anyways, to be back on topic, I'm kinda curious about what kind of Optimus everyone would prefer for that Leader Class one. Would you guys like the Voyager Prime with a trailer, RiD Prime, Armada Prime, or Cybertron Prime? I've said this before and I would much prefer an Armada Prime because of how Siege is mostly about the Battlemasters and Micromasters, which fit the Mini-Con kind of thing Armada had going on. I'm crossing my fingers this will be our next UT homage.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

My guess would be some form of UT homage. Most likely Armada or Cybertron, since Energon Optimus didn't have a self-contained super mode in the trailer, but instead had the drones.

• Like Like x 1
  15. orangeitis

Ebay:
    Honestly, I'd prefer not to blur the lines between Minicon and Micromaster any more than has already been done, so maybe not an Armada Optimus. I mean, if done properly(and comes with an actual Minicon instead of a recolored Micromaster), then even Armada Optimus would be okay.

I'd also like Hasbro to save another Powermaster Optimus Prime attempt for a proper Powermaster revival.

What I'd like to see though? RiD or TF: Cybertron Optimus because firetruck Primes. They're pretty different than G1 Optimus, and it's nice to have some variety within a line.

16. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

Armada Optimus would be cool. Wonder if they would be able to retool Magnus's bumper into an homage to Armada's grill and essentially switch around the torso? I think Cybertron Prime seems more alike Magnus, however, and could be made into a dual homage with Star Convoy.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gallade

Gallade Active Member

News Credits:
    I never grew up with the Micromasters so I really don't know much about them. I just know the Minicons are what helped power up the Autobots and Decepticons to use their gimmicks. But, a proper Sparkplug that comes with the Armada Optimus would be really nice, but it'll likely be an SDCC exclusive if that does happen because Hasbro loves doing that to us. :lol 

I'd love a Powermaster line soon. It sucks because I was expecting it to be a part of Prime Wars as the third part rather than what Power of the Primes was. Oh well, it'll be a while but hopefully not too long.
    We need the return of Firetruck Primes. I can't wait to see them come back for sure whenever that is.
    That would be pretty interesting. I hope this Armada Prime will be a new mold or a heavy retool. There's so many poses I wish to display him both in regular form and super mode that resembles some kind of Metallikato master. A Star Convoy/Cybertron Prime would be a cool homage too! I loved Cybertron Prime's design and I don't know too much about Star Convoy. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Saberclaw84

I wouldn't mind even seeing a version of Optimus based on his Energon incarnation, even though it was technically given an homage in Combiner Wars
    Cybertron Optimus, as well as RiD (01) Optimus sound really interesting though.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Saberclaw84

So who else do you think we'll get for the Micromasters?

We know that the Air Strike, Rescue, Race Car, and Battle Patrol.
    Plus there's the Spy Patrol, which is really just two of Soundwave's most iconic cassettes.

20. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You seem to have an interesting definition of 'technically'.

I wouldn't call CW Optimus an homage to Energon Optimus in any way. I mean, it has the vaguest connection of 'combining', but if that's how you set the bar, then any character that has a transforming figure is an homage to any other figure of the same name.