War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Since we've getting another trilogy in the form of Cybertronian Mode and a familiar name in 2019, so this speculation thread is about what is coming in the upcoming 2019 toy line.

What is the next "master"
    With recent toy lines of Titans Return and Power of The Primes had Titanmasters and Primemasters, for a toy line that featuring Cybertron Alt Modes the play pattern is unclear rather they are used them as "Cybermasters" or "Minimasters" or abandoned concept all together than.

Legends
    We've are going to see Cybertronian Alt Modes, again with the Legends guys might see new takes of some well know characters, like Brawn, Huffer, Rumble, Warpath, Laserbeak, Ravage, ect plus with also recent toy lines of re-released T'30 Legends figure, we've see a re-released of T'30 Legends Bumblebee or Cliffjumper.

Deluxe
    Okay with the Deluxes we've seeing some Autobots and Decepticons that didn't Cybertronian Alt Modes the last time they did Cybertronian Alt Modes, we've also might see couple of old faces returning with new Cybertronian Alt Modes designs.

Voyager
    Well the Voyager line will might see a lot of couple gimmick-based characters like the Triple-Changers, also some couple bigger guys like Ironhide, Ratchet, Starscream, Thundercracker, ect, but this also a good place for Shockwave since the line is about Cybertronian Alt Modes, and he did come to Earth in the G1 Cartoon, but The comics that another stories there, too.

Leader
    Now this is one size class I that a Cybertronian designs versions of Optimus Prime, Megatron, Ultra Magnus, & Soundwave/Blaster are this treatment, along with new Cybertronian designs for characters that never left Cybertron, like Lord Straxus, Sentinel Prime, Jhiaxus, ect.

Titan
    Omega Supreme might be are the Titan for the toy line, so there something about that.

Boxset
    The Boxsets I will love to see Cybertronian designs of the Combiner Teams (minus Technobots) in the toy line with Cybertronian versions of Superion, Menasor, Defensor, Bruticus, Predaking, Volcanicus, Abominus, ect.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Is there any confirmation that this new trilogy will consist entirely of Cybertronian alt modes?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Given the inclusion of Needlenose, Spinister and Tracks in the vote, it would appear the gimmick is Targetmasters, using the Action Masters as well with Wheeljack's name in there.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Man they should have kept Elita-1 Combiner for War for Cybertron line? Lots of Cybertron modes there...

Seibertron.com also mentioned this from the panel about War For Cybertron: "going to correspond to 35th anniversary of G1" ... I wonder what that means?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Not to be that guy, but I thought it was War 'on' Cybertron? Y'know, to stop people from getting confused.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Steelfire

Steelfire Well-Known Member

Drugs. Terror.

Wars "on" are widely known as wars "against".

• Like Like x 1
  7. starquantumstratos85

starquantumstratos85 Well-Known Member

I want a thiccc leader class optimus prime and a leader class star saber

• Like Like x 4
  8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that this line will be filled with the Japanese G1 characters like Star Saber and Dai Atlas that don't really have earth modes and it's not just a line filled with the G1 seasons 1 and 2 cast but with Cybertronian alt modes.

• Like Like x 17
  9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I bet it's going to be all Cybertronian modes. No earth cars, jets or tanks. That will save me.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think there was any actual confirmation that everything will involve cybertronian alt modes. I hope not. That would be fucking awful and """cybertronian""" modes are usually just an excuse for the designers to be lazy with the alt modes.

I also hope there's no central gimmick. I miss when they just focused on making good individual toys like Thrilling 30 and the 2010 Generations line, instead of "ok let's make this toy a headmaster even though making it a headmaster doesn't actually improve the toy at all"

• Like Like x 12
  11. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

It might be an excuse to do IDW stuff. Lost Light and DJD are very cybertronian...

I posted this earlier, but:

Seibertron.com also mentioned this from the panel about War For Cybertron: "going to correspond to 35th anniversary of G1" ... I wonder what that means?

So yeah, maybe not all Cybertron modes?

• Like Like x 5
  12. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think there must be something missing here. It would be risky and excessive to do one "All Cyb. vehicle" line, let alone THREE IN A ROW.

• Like Like x 5
  13. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know we're getting the Cyberverse Shockwave, and it looks pretty decent. But for the love of god, if it's an all alien alt-mode line, VOYAGER SHOCKWAVE.

• Like Like x 13
  14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I wonder if this new trilogy will be going off of themes of different transformer characters? I mean with this line implying that it'll feature mostly characters with Cybertronian alt modes like Shockwave and Star Saber perhaps any of the other two lines will have a beast themed line.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    If they make an IDW Rodimus in Voyager size in that line, that would be cool. If it doesn't have stickers and clip on wheels. I prepare myself to be disappointed...

• Like Like x 3
  16. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Tracks was an Actionmaster in Europe.

I'd like if they based the toys on the War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron games using the same size classes as the games.

Scout size cars and No legends.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

I wouldn't be interested in a trilogy of only Cybertronian modes but doubt that's what's actually going on here.

For characters such as Ultra Magnus, there isn't many by way of established Cybertronian modes and to make them would require creativity that Hasbro hasn't displayed recently. Secondly, this is allegedly a celebration in celebration of G1's anniversary, which probably means the standard run of Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron, etc. and it would be odd for them to deviate so in a celebration of them. It also seems somewhat dodgy to try to sell people something like this for such a vast duration when the last solely Cybertronian lines were quite limited.

My theory right now is, with it coming right after POTP, the first line might deal with the "fallout" of the "return of the Primes" and will be a transition that still involves Combiners, maybe with cockpits for the Titan Master equivalents this go around. Odds are, we are going to have another trio of somewhat randomly themed lines that call to mind G1 gimmicks.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Indeed, and Action Masters have been retrospectively labelled as Targetmasters.

19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy crap I just realized what this means...

...TETRAJET SEEKERS. :eek: 

• Like Like x 16
  20. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie NYEH HEH HEH

I feel we will get characters we didn't get in the Prime Wars Trilogy. Possibly more IDW characters like the rest of the Scanengers and the DJD.

• Like Like x 9