War Dawn

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

In the episode War Dawn we see the Arielbots go back in time as we see Orion Pax, Arial and Dion. Orion was a dock but was working for who? still the Quints even though they left?? And i remember seeing Cybertron in gold cause of the Golden Age even the sky is gold or is(color blind here), but after wards we see even the sky being dark. I am confused how did they drain the energy even from the golden buildings and streets?? What i dont understand the arialbots went back in about 9 million years, i still dont understand who on earth nobody can finish the War off in this long period of time, To me 9 million years its more then enough to put an end in the war. And last but not least when the arialbots were leaving to go to present time did Prime knew they were from the futur, before him saying " So you 5 where the ones who saved me" And he realise they have left??

Thank you very much

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    You'll go crazy trying to reconcile the errors in the cartoon. Just sit back and enjoy it and don't sweat the small stuff. Seriously - as much as I love it, the G1 cartoon is a mess.

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Look at it this way 9 million years ago Cybertron was at relative peace. One could conjecture that they had industries/corporations like we have on Earth. So basically Orion Pax was a dock worker for some big cybertronian shipping company.

But yeah in general don't think too hard about it and enjoy it for what it is.

4. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    A lo9t of Cybertron's past in G1 can cause a headache if you try to figure it out. Wait till you see the 2 origins of the Constructicons.

5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Never revealed.

No

Over 9 million years of war is going to cause much damage.I'm shocked so many structors were still standing.

Your not factoring in the extended life spans of these guys.When you live that long you can hold a grudge.

No, he only figured it out when he said the line " " So you 5 where the ones who saved me"
    Actually theres only 1 origin.

The idea that theres a contradiction is a misconception based on the "perceptions" of fans back then.

There is no solid contradiction.

6. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

They did, actually. At least twice before, perhaps as many as three times.

As the episode title suggests, this flashback to the Golden Age of Cybertron shows us how the current conflict got started. There've been at least three or four civil wars over the last 11 million years on Cybertron.

As for 9 million years of straight fighting...that's not quite true. 5 million years into the conflict, the Autobots and the Decepticons had utterly depleted the planet's energy reserves and the war technically went on hiatus after Optimus Prime and Megatron vanished shortly after departing Cybertron 4 million years ago and Shockwave was left in charge of the planet. Hostilities only broke out again when they were revived in the late 20th century.

In all honesty, the Autobots and Decepticons we see throughout the series appear to be holdouts more than anything else, like those Japanese soldiers who were fighting World War II in the Philippine jungles as guerillas decades after the conflict officially ended. From what we've seen, several legions of Autobots (and possibly even Decepticons) pretty much said "Screw this, I'm outta here." a long time ago and left Cybertron for other worlds in order to make a fresh start or to establish outposts. We saw at least three such planets in the G1 cartoon: Antilla (the 13th Autobot Legion's homeworld that was devastated by Cosmic Rust), Paradron (the pocket dimension world that Sandstorm and his pacifists fled to) and the unnamed Tlalakan homeworld (taken over by Deceptitran and his minions).

The Marvel Generation 2 comic played with this idea by portraying the Transformers we're familiar with as throwbacks and relics of a long-dead era.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I recall watching a G1 episode that stated there were several "great wars" of sorts - where either side would take turns to win. I can't recall if it was in season 2 or season 3?

I really enjoyed the G2 comics because of the aspect you brought up - the TFs after Prime and Megs were considered "throwbacks" and that the TFs after them was considered as a "united" race.

Good post by the way! :) 

8. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Yeah it's in Season 2 I think it's "Desertion of the Dinobots" could be wrong though. All I remember is it's the episode where the Dinobots go to Cybertron and all get captured by Shockwave except Swoop... Somehow he and Spike stumble upon some old video which talks about how the War has ended numerous times with one side claiming victory only to have the other resurface years later.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, yup! Its that episode! Good call! I kept thinking of the Dinobots but I couldn't recall the circumstances on how the video footage was stumbled on! I totally forgot about Spike's involvement! Heck, I couldn't even remember "Desertion of the Dinobots" episode! X)

10. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

The Autobots were (presumably) working for everyone else. Just because the Quints are gone doesn't mean work stops...just slave labor ends. If our government fell (I'm not saying we are slaves to it, just making an example lol) people would still want electricity in their houses so we would need people to keep it running.

As for the sky, Big cities seem to cause the sky to glow in the distance at night, now imagine if every inch of the city were glowing 24/7. You have to remember that while light seems to be dimly cast on Cybertron, it is fairly dark all of the time, I'm not sure if they have any sort of sun near by.

11. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    My theory on the 9 million years of war is that both sides just kept producing robot drones to fight each other and it was an endless loop of "Produce. Reuse. Recycle."

12. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

This.

Serioulsly dude, you're thinking way too hard about this suff. And you seem to be fixating on stuff that's not ever really important to the story. Like who cares who Orion Pax was working for? His working at an energy warehouse was just a plot device to get he and Megatron into conflict.

And you seem to get really confused by any stories that involve time travel.

Optimus, in the present, didn't realise that he actually already met the Aerialbots 9 million years ago until they called him by his original name.

It's called a predestination paradox. Unknown to him, Optimus Prime had to create the Aerialbots in the present so that they could go back in time to make sure that he was created in the past.

The Golden Age look of the past is just representitive of the fact that energy was plentiful back then. 9 million years of conflict would seriously F-up the planet. Like Sto said above I'm surprised that there are even any buildings left standing.

As for the length of the war, well, if you were part of a species that could live for millions of years, you can afford to take your time doing stuff, you can afford to be patient.
    Besides the TFs measure time differently than we do. One of their years is called a Vorn and 1 vorn is equivilent to about 83 of our years. So if the 9 million years is measured in or time then it's only really just over a hundred thousand years (approx 108,433.7 years). However if it's 9 million vorns, then it's actually 747 million of our years.

13. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member