Wanting to put together a Cobra Commander costume.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razorblaze, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

Hello. I'm wanting to put together a Cobra Commander costume for Halloween and other future uses. This being my first costume, I have no clue where to start. So I'm looking for tips, suggestions, anything. Like what kind of clothing and meterals, and where I could find them online.

I'm wanting to do a Hooded Cobra Commander costume. I did a search on Google and found this. http://www.mooncostumes.com/item/18102

Now while it does look cool, there are some things I don't like about it. First is the hood. I would like to make a blue on to match the rest of the outfit. The other things being the gloves and buttons. I would replace the gloves with black ones, and change out the button with blue or gold ones.

Should I go that route, or can anyone offer an alternative?

Here's some boots I think would look nice for the costume.
    http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Issue...bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1213303849&sr=8-1

2. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    How much are you willing to spend and how "real world" are you going for?

The classic Cobra Commander jacket seems to be a blue Eisenhower jacket, with the front pockets removed. Under that is a light blue tunic, both of which are available from any uniform supply company.

3. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

You should check out therpf.com. They're great at finding real world items for the best, most realistic costumes.