Customs: Wanted: New head for Classics/Henkei/United Megatron

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Xenon, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok guy's I first mentioned on the feedback section that even though I love the mold, I really do wish that at least the face had been remolded for the United release of Megatron. It seems that a few other people agree, so would any of you talented people be up for re-designing his head?

As I've always liked the G2 face design as it seems very close to the original cartoon, I was thinking of something like this...

[​IMG] + [​IMG] = [​IMG]

Please excuse the poor paintshop job I done on this.

2. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    recast the g2 combat hero megatron head. perfect size.

3. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I've just managed to find one on eBay :) 

4. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok guy's, the G2 Hero Megatron head has now arrived and size wise it's a spot on fit. However there is a slightly problem as the head obviously doesn't have a ball joint like the Classics/Henkie/United mold.

[​IMG]

What do you guys think would be my best option? Do I cut the ball joint off the spare Classics head off and try sticking it to the G2 head? This really worries me, because I can see the ball joint coming off once I force it into the socket of the figure. Any help would be great.

Oh, and here is how it will roughly look... Although I do plan on giving the G2 head a new paint scheme.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. C16

C16 Space Nomad

It looks like there's plenty of space in the new head if you were to hollow it out completely and remove the screw column. You could cut the ball joint and a chunk attached to it at the base to see if you could shape it as close as possible to fit inside the new head. And then, you could get a pin, drill a hole through one side to the other on the head, with the ball joint and base inside the head, securing the whole thing together. Personally, I'd make sure the chunk of plastic to be left as the base of the ball joint is as big as possible while still being able to fit inside the G2 head and fill it as much as possible, so there's no weird issues to looseness.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I don't like the bucket on the G2 head. I'd cut away everything leaving only the face. Then grind down the face on the classics head. Then glue the new face on the old head.

7. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

just replace both ends with an entirely new joint...or u could cut the ball joint and put it on the other head but then u risk the ball joint breaking of and getting suck...thatcould be a problem..