WANTED: Air Brake/Wing Flap piece for MP Skywarp

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by michaera, Apr 25, 2010.

1. michaera

michaera Ron Burgundy

This piece was missing right out of the box.

If you're looking at Masterpiece Skywarp in vehicle mode so that the nose cone is pointing at you and the thrusters are away from you, it's the left most (outboard) flap.

Although geometrically both left and right flaps are identical, there are sprue/mold lines on one side of each flap that differentiate each one.

I'd be willing to pay for a spare beat up or incomplete MP Skywarp or even an MP Starscream that I could repaint.

Thanks!

2. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

3. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    PM'd

4. zap dragon

zap dragon Well-Known Member

i have a junker pm if u still need

5. michaera

michaera Ron Burgundy

@Bruticus82, no - it's not the fin...i'm referring to the smaller outboard flap that attaches to the main wing.

6. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    can you take a picture of the spot? Is it the flaps at the rear edge of the wing that fold over in robot mode? If so, is the center block still there, or do you need both the flap and the block that it swivels on?

[​IMG]

7. michaera

michaera Ron Burgundy

Of the two you have shown, it's the piece on the right. It is that one exactly, the smaller angled piece.

The block is there already. I DO NOT need the block (just want to avoid confusion).

Do you have a lead on the part? Do you have a spare or know where I can find one?

8. iceclimber

iceclimber Well-Known Member

missing out of the box? Man, that stinks. I just picked up one on ebay. Hope it isn't missing anything.

9. Cax6ton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Paypal me a buck or two to cover postage and I'll send it to you - I picked up several on clearance just for the heads and the hands, and part swap around to make one good US version - the wing section in the shot is one that developed the infamous cracked joint, so just let me know if you need any other parts from the wing.

For anyone else: other than the head, arms, and leg sections, the rest of the figure is also up for parts. There are bits and pieces that have been swapped around, so they may not be the best possible part, but it (maybe) will work for something missing, bad paint, or damaged. If anyone else out there has seeker parts, I really need a good set of feet that line up well in jet mode - none of the 4 skywarps I bought in the US have feet that line up flush in jet mode.

nk@peoplepc.com

10. iceclimber

iceclimber Well-Known Member

So basically what you are saying is that the US version is pure junk?

11. michaera

michaera Ron Burgundy

@Cax6ton, I sent you an email at the provided address confirming payment - THANKS A TON!

12. Cax6ton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not junk, because it really is an outstanding figure, assuming all the parts are there and the paint apps are good and the pieces fit like they should. I like the SW finish and deco much better than the Takara version, even if US SW doesn't match US Starscream. It's just that Hasbro's declining QC has really shown up in an expensive figure whose design is not forgiving of lax QC - slight things that you wouldn't notice on other figures are glaring problems on Masterpieces. Bad paint apps ruin a magnificently detailed mold. Missing thumbs or flaps and loose heels, tail wings and knees both ruin the aesthetics and function of what used to be a $100 toy - even at $60, it shouldn't be too much to ask for it to have all of its parts...if I wasn't able to pick up 4 for the price of one, I would have been really mad about it - but at least I get yellow eyed heads for my Takara versions and red eyes for the US versions - while saving one for TC, if he ever comes out.

Michaera - I got it, it will be on the way to you tomorrow :) 

13. michaera

michaera Ron Burgundy

Hail Cax6ton!