Fan Art: WANTED: A good artist, for "simple" artwork?

Discussion in 'Requests' started by My03Tundra, Jul 17, 2006.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I'm a big fan of the Alternators line, and of G1. What I'd like to see is a piece of artwork, or pointed in the direction where I can find it, of some of my favorite characters together in one shot.

What I'd like, is either a render or a color drawing of Sideswipe, Jazz, Sunstreaker, Hound, Smokescreen, and Tracks (maybe with Skids) all together. I wouldn't mind if it is G1, Alternators or a mix of the two. If such a piece with any of the characters is around, or a different mix that has them in it with others, would work as well. Thank you for any help in advance.

Also, I might be willing to "commish" an artist if the price is reasonable. I'm currently out of work, but I have many TFs (Galaxy Force, Beast Wars, Beast Machines) I might be willing to trade for a custom piece that would fit what I'm looking for.

2. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    SOunds interesting. I want to see that.

3. ABoMiNuS

ABoMiNuS Who Knows? Im new?

markerguru has a nice peice of cosmos and tracks that has alternator/g1 content in it. one of my favorite transformer peices... http://markerguru.deviantart.com i think... :)  gl finding more!

4. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    I have been looking some, but I'd love to have a piece that has just the characters I'm looking for either in their G1 forms or their modern, updated, Binaltech/Alternators bodies.

5. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

Your best bet really is to get a commision done then, I'd say. There are plenty of really talented artists in the fandom if you ask around.

6. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Hey Tundra, to check out my online porftolio @ www.maje3d.com if you're interested in doing a 3D commission. All my recent stuff from June, 2005 -- Present is there and some more stuff should be added shortly within next week.

I believe I should have some free time after the first half of August.

7. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I'll do a group shot for you for free. just give me the characters you want, and how you would like to see them.. what I mean is. what type of poses and such.

8. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I might be interested in a commision for this pic. Shoot me an e-mail or PM me and we'll see if we can work out a price. I've been wanting to do some new TF stuff.

9. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Thank you all for your offers! I love some of the Transformers fan art that is out there. Some people here, and abroad, have some serious kick-ass talent. I have a lot of respect for those who not only have the skills to draw, but such a powerful imagination to feed the drawings. To all of the artists out there, keep up the hard work.

10. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    What I’m specifically looking for is for the characters I like, and would like to see (Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Smokescreen, Tracks, Jazz, and Hound) represented by their modern Binaltech/Alternators forms in a simple drawing. Ideally, the aspect of the image would be sufficient to work with the resolution of my laptop (primary computer’s) screen of 1280 by 800 or close to it.

Ideally, the characters would be in a defensive combat ready stance in robot mode. That means that some of them would be standing with arms crossed, others holding their guns at the ready. In the center of the image would be Sideswipe and Sunstreaker standing shoulder to shoulder with their guns pointing out, opposite of each other (away) with their arms crossed, ready to attack. Sideswipe would stand to the right of Sunstreaker. The expressions on their faces would be fitting of the respective character. Sideswipe would have a “don’t-give-me-no-lip” type grin, and Sunstreaker would have an expression simply stating “go-screw-yourself.”

To the right of Sideswipe would stand Jazz, with his gun in his right hand down by his waist, at the ready. He’d look like he could be ready to strike, and his expression would be a mischievous grin. His left hand would be reaching behind his back like he was ready to pull out a surprise for anyone willing to see it, but the surprise isn’t much. On his head he’d have an over-head style headphones with a cord going to the device behind his back. The hint is he would have an MP3 player he’s hiding that he is listening to music on.

Hound would be to the left of Sunstreaker, with his gun in his left hand at his side like Jazz. His expression would be the only smile of the bunch. Hound’s right hand would at his side, holding a very small flower. On the right of Jazz would be Tracks, would have his gun in his right hand as well. He wouldn’t be looking straight ahead of the others but holding a wrag rubbing off a smudge off his gun arm. His focus would be on himself, not on any fight about to take place.

Smokescreen would be standing to the left of Hound, with his gun in his left hand as well. He’d have a serious look on his face like Sideswipe, but not as gruff or look as eager to fight. His gun though, would be pointing up like he was ready to take aim.

The lighting, naturally, would be front-lit with a high upwards angle like at mid-day. The catch would be the shadows (if drawn) of each figure would be of their old G1 form, not their updated Alternators bodies. The shadows, if drawn, would have the same stances and that of the standing figures, though. The background could either be a simple white background, or if drawn, that of outside the Ark. I want the detail to be on the characters, and subtle (or not) clues that allude to their personalities. Sideswipe and Sunstreaker both like a good fight, and their stances would show so as would their serious expressions.

For the other characters, there would be details that show their character, such as Tracks cleaning himself.

11. Devcon

Devcon Have pencil, will draw

nm