Want to see an unboxing that will blow your mind AND reaffirm your faith in humanity

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ClunkerSlim, Aug 23, 2016.

1. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIozFByxYfI

All I can see is "Holy Crap!" You know it's impressive when I can get Optibotimus to actually comment on a video. Even Peaugh and Emgo commented on the tweet. I still say this Eric guy needs to be put on suicide watch.

(I may have just WAY oversold this video, lol.)

2. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

could never get nor understand the weird fascination about unboxing videos...

3. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Wow, the Centurions just unlocked a memory that I had totally forgotten.

4. ClunkerSlim

News Credits:
    Has absolutely nothing to do with "unboxing videos" really. It's about what this guy just sent Micheal out of the blue. Like "hey, here's some stuff I don't want."

I priced this out at between $1890 and $2000. And honestly that was just a shot in the dark. Most of this stuff you can't even buy on ebay. So the price could easily be upwards of 5K.

5. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    And you know the dude that sent it has to have a ton more! Cool stuff. The centurions one was the one that struck me most. While a child of the 80's, I'm a but more late 80's/early 90's

6. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

It was definitely very cool of "Eric" to send this out as a gift. As for value, I have no idea either but none of it personally interests me...Except maybe the MASK vehicle. The Centurions and Voltron stuff would be fun to mess with for a few minutes.

7. thlinux

thlinux Kernel Prime

Ebay:
    That was awesome! I know the toys have value, but they might as well have been priceless as was the video. When I sell toys on eBay I hope that someone appreciates them half as much as the host of this video.

8. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

The new sealed in factory box Vehicle Voltrons might be worth $1800 in and of themselves. maybe more as a complete perfect set like that.

And yeah I watched this video and my jaw just dropped. On a positive note Mike may finally be able to perfectly answer that question of which Wheeled Warrior parts come in which sets.

9. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

A lot of awesome 80's goodness in that box, but that Voltron stuff is by far the most awesome.

10. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

That 20th Anniversary Toynami seems wildly out of place compared to the rest. Yeah, it's a decent Voltron, with fantastic packaging. But it's not a classic toy... and it's Toynami! which is kind of the opposite of such things. Granted that Voltron is more or less the best thing Toynami ever made. But that's not exactly a high bar to leap.

11. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    "power extreme!"

12. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Damn - half excepted a MISB G1 Metroplex to be in that huge box.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The one line that I wished someone who re-do was Centurions...I liked the show and concept as a kid but by that time my folks weren't getting anymore toys for me....

I think if they were ML scale, it would e perfect! Well...at least for me. :) 

14. ClunkerSlim

News Credits:
    Bionic Six figures had die cast in them, didn't they?

I'd murder everyone here for that mint in the box Armed Force! What kills me is that Micheal just did a video slamming that cartoon! So of course a fan sends him a ton of unopened merchandise. There is no justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqU-M0hOXck

^Sure, let's send THAT guy the most valuable Wheeled Warriors merchandise we can find! Damn you universe! I want to change the title of my thread.

15. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I'd check your ebay math again. Those Bionic 6 figures are basically worth what they were 30 years ago. The MASK stuff has little value too. The Voltron stuff is nice, but it's not huge by any means. The Centurions are cool but, again, boxed regular figures aren't hard to come by.

I'd estimate that whole box right now to be worth $700 max, depending on how interested Voltron fans are. That's a huge hit or miss fandom right there.

16. ClunkerSlim

News Credits:
    Dude, I estimated DOWN from what the ebay listings were. There was like one monkey Bionic Six figure going for $99 so I figured you could probably get it for $50 at some point. The carded figures were being listed at $50 so I priced them at $30. Those Voltron sets aren't even on ebay. There was like one listing for the complete package at something like $1400, but I estimated it down to like $500 for all 3 boxes (given that they seem to be pretty rare and the guy has the complete set, I probably REALLY under valued that). Those boxed Centurion sets aren't even on ebay. I think I took the villain's price and upped it by 10 bucks. Most of those Wheeled Warrior sets aren't on ebay either. I think there was a listing for one of the unpopular Monster Minds and I just used that price. I did bump the boxed Armed Force to $150 because that's just a fair price. You can watch Retroblasting's other Wheeled Warrior videos to see how rare a complete set is (due to being a pain to put all the correct accessories together), let alone one that's freakin boxed. But everything else I estimated down.