Customs: Want to Customize some Targetmasters

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ORIO, Mar 19, 2009.

1. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I'm thinking of customizing some Targetmasters (for Classics Rodimus, Cybertron Blurr, Botcon Kup and Botcon Scourge) and wanted to get your opinion. Keep in mind, I've never customized so please be detailed in your replies (if any :) )

All out of Nightstick as a base mold.

For Classics Rodimus, the hole in his hand is too small to hold Nightstick. So should I sand down the peg of Nightstick or attempt to make the fist hole bigger?
    And to make Nightstick look more like firebolt, cutting off the main barrell would make him look really similar. On the other hand, I was thinking of using Gentei Strafes targetmaster as Firebolt but don't want do any mods to it.

Blurr and Scourge's targetmaster already look a lot like Nightstick so not much I have to do there other than paint. But, Blurr has weird hands. How can I mod the handle to fit in Blurrs hand?

and finally for Kup, Recoil transforms very similar to Nighstick, but he has two barrels instead of one in gun mode. How can I add a second barrel? without interfering with Transform?

advice on cutting pieces and painting those little bastards (seeing as how Nightstick is all held together by pins) is much appreciated

2. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

It might save you the effort of moding the one nebulon if you check out this repro link, though modding and painting on the base figures will still have to be figured out.

Broken Arrow Toys Targetmasters

3. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's an awesome link. Thank you man!

Sadly, out of those four molds, none are the molds for Haywire, Fracas, Recoil or Firebolt. Still, they could work very well.

Two questions.

1) can g1 targetmasters fit in the hands of the four molds I mentioned in my first post?

And 2) still need advice on cutting, painting and modding the figures. Especially for Blurr and Rodimus

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

I assume you don't have a dremel?

5. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

I'm no expert on any of this

Cybertron Blurr

This guy doest have a peghole for his hand, just a slit the handle of his guns slide into, I imagine you'll need to sand the handle of his gun down to fit in. I'd suggest getting a file and rubbing it down so that it will fit in, checking every few minutes to make sure you don't rub it down too much that it may become loose.

Cybertron Red Alert/Botcon Kup

Cybertron Sideways/Botocon Scourge

Both seem to have hands that may be big enough, somewhere here I've got a Targetmaster, I'll dig him out in a bit and see if he fits into a few pegholes peghole, I'm assuming there's a semi-universal size.

Classics Rodimus

His hands are very small, making the hole bigger is his fist might break it, but the same could be said for making the handle smaller. How about Energon Rodimus? Though I'm sure there's a way around it, just its not occuring to me at the minute.