Want some opinions on ebay dilemna...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glhboy, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Glhboy

Glhboy Goes Like Hell....

News Credits:
    I sold an item on ebay, that I had bought about a month ago from ebay. I got a good deal on it and the seller which had I believe 100% pos feedback like I do, said it was never opened except that one side of the box had the tape off of it. So I bought it, thinking, I'll never open it anyways, I'll put it in my collection or sell it down the road for more money.

So, I decided to sell it and made some good money on it, the buyer receives it, opens it and says the stickers were already applied and either wants a full refund or about 80% of a refund and he keeps the toy or he leaves me the negative feedback, (I have 100% pos right now).

Anyways, the buyer had 0 feedback and I was hesitant to do this, he paid by paypal e-check and had an unconfirmed address as well...anyways, I did some research on him and noticed that he had 2 ebay user id's and was using this account with zero feedback to shill bid on his other account that he used to sell stuff with. I reported this to ebay as well.

So basically, I emailed him today and told him I would not refund anything, showed him the link where I bought it from and said sorry...I was more pissed that he shill bids than anything.

Should I have given his money back?? I guess too late now, I'm awaiting his response of negative feedback.

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

that guy sounds like a scammer. good thing you've told ebay, maybe they can stop him from leaving you feedback?

3. vf-xx

vf-xx ereh ees ot gnihtoN

Ebay:
    No, you shouldn't have refunded his money. However if one end was already opened you might have checked it to make sure it really was in the condition claimed.

4. Glhboy

News Credits:
    yeah, probably should have, but I never open any of my items, especially vintage stuff, it was a M.A.S.K. item from the 80's.

5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, it was previously opened, as much as I hate to do it too, I'd check on it before selling it if there was no way to look at it any other way.

As for the buyer, wanting to keep the item AND get a refund is just bs. First off, there is no proof that he didn't put the stickers on it and then realize he didn't want that one. Tell him to go ahead and leave a negative if he so desires. Chances are, ebay will either do something about it, or he'll just take his stupidity and deal with it.

What is his user name(s)?

6. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    You were 10000000% right to do that man, fuck him

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You did the right thing, sounds like a scammer to me. I've read stories just like this one about other scammers who try the claim the same thing.

What is shilling bids, anyway? Is it using one account to jack up bids on his other one?

8. Glhboy

News Credits:
    thanks guys! I am still waiting on his reply since I sent him an email he won't like. I wasn't mean, but I was blunt and to the point. I never thought of it that way either, how do I know, he isn't the one who put the stickers on?? That is great info I shall use!

I'll release all the ebay links and user id's as soon as I get some info back from ebay or from the buyer.

shill bidding is having another account or having someone else bid up your auctions for you.

9. KillBot

KillBot Well-Known Member

Just curious, how did you find out he had two ebay accounts linked to the same paypal account? I suspected someone of shill bidding something I wanted but I didn't know how to prove it.

10. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

I had a similar situation had a guy win my item sent it then stated that it was missing something.

11. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I would think 99.9% (or even 99.5%) positive feedback is just as good as 100%...
    You did the right thing.

12. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Seconded

13. MikeTSI

MikeTSI TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Thirded(is that a word?)

Anyone who deals on ebay for any amount of time will eventually run into an asshole like this guy. I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

Mike

14. Glhboy

News Credits:
    only thing that worries me is that he'll file a paypal complaint and they'll lock my account until I give him a refund.

15. MikeTSI

MikeTSI TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Well, since you reported his multiple accounts, if they see where he has been shill bidding they will suspend all his accounts. I guess that's what you need to hop for.

16. vf-xx

vf-xx ereh ees ot gnihtoN

Ebay:
    So draw the money back to your bank account.

17. Glhboy

News Credits:
    I have, but I have 1 more auction that will end tomorrow.