Want Scout Class Size BumbleBee, SideSwipe, more

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tycho, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

I try to display my Transformers in scale to each other (as best as you can get them anyway).

Originally Voyager Ironhide and Ratchet were displayable with Leader Prime, and Deluxe BumbleBee and Deluxe Sideswipe, Mudflap, Skids, etc.

I just bought Deluxe Ratchet as I'm eagerly awaiting Deluxe Ironhide because I've longed for a more solid robot sculpt for the master-at-arms.

I really think taking Bumblebee and company one step down to Scout Class would provide a good size matchup to these new Autobot sculpts.

I think then that a Voyager Prime and most Decepticons in Voyager class size would go nicely with these.

Perhaps that's what Hasbro is thinking?

Rumor has it that Prime and Bumblebee will see new forms in the next movie, so maybe we won't see this request for new product fulfilled until then.

With the economy down and spending down, it would make sense to lower the price-points for most of the main characters.

Still, I can't wait to get 2 Leader Class Starscreams, but we may not see another Leader Class for the next movie. (But my top pick would be a Decepticon helicopter like Blackout / Grindor).

2. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

So there's a chance that Leader class toys will be cut for the next movie, but if they aren't one of them should be a toy based on an animation model that's been little more than cannon fodder so far?

3. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Well that's exactly what Brawl was and yet his leader class toy was insanely popular, even it's repaint. If they go and end up using the chopper design again in the third movie, at that point I feel it would more then warrant a leaderclass figure.

On topic: There's going to be a new Voyager Prime mold sometime soon that looks like it was just a scaled down, simplified RotF Leader Prime mold, so that should work well for your 'scale down' idea. But I doubt we'll see any of the big name movie bots in scout size. Hell, they didn't even make Wheelie a scout and that size class would have been perfect for him. In fact, from everything I can remember, the only bot who was actually in the movies who was made into a Scout was 'Ze Doctor', Scalpel. But with an alt mode like his, scout size was really the only size class he could do well in.

...though a leader sized Scalpel would probably be absolutely incredible

4. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Some would contend that the given his relativley small role in the movie, the fact that the Deluxe released first, and (IIRC) the Leader was reelased a good several months after the first wave of toys, that he was simply picked as a leader to fill to fill out case assortments.

..but I don't have any evidence to quantify it's popularity. Do you?

5. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I've always been a fan of Scouts. Especially for the cars because Scout cars like Clocker and Nightbeat fit in nicely with the Diaclones.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a few KO's of Movie Barricade, Cybertron Excillion and Cybertron Megatron. All were Legends scaled up to Scout size though Megatron was a tad bigger. I will have to get them repainted but I've wanted the Deluxe cars from the past few years re-released as Scouts.

Excillion really looks nice with the other Scout cars and Diaclones. My biggest problem with the mold is whether to get him repainted as Hot Shot, Excillion, Classics Bumblebee, Red Alert or the Movie repaint that was rumoured to be Getaway at some stage.

But yes, I would love to see Movie Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Dead End (TF1), Jolt and Sideways as Scouts. Seeing them with Movie Breakdown, Nightbeat, Dead End and Clocker would be great. Then all we'd need would be Voyager Bonecrusher.

I think Wheelie and Scalpel should be Legends or better yet, ignored. Well, at least Wheelie has character.

I'm surprised Hasbro don't do more Scouts. Strongarm has proven how articulate they can be and surely the smaller size would be cheaper to produce.

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:

I applaud your efforts, and I've even got two shelves myself on display that are "scaled" to each other, but the question is, do you go robot or alt mode for your scaling? It's funny, I was never really one for scale until Animated, which did such a good job about (IMHO) that it was hard not to notice and appreciate.

Bay and whomever can cry about there not being any mass shifting, but there's a lot of it going on when you compare robot and alt modes to each other.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

That was released as WM Exclusive Movie "Breakaway", along with Fracture and Crankcase.

8. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Has to be alt mode when bringing scale into it.

The alt mode gives us a frame of reference. We know motor bikes and jets differ greatly in size.

Strangely with non- BW animals like Battle Ravage or RM Victory Leo, I go by robot.

Bay can't really comment on mass shifting after shrinking down the Cube in TF1.

Oh, so Breakaway was used for both the jet and that car? I wasn't aware of that. Cheers.

9. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    its been said before, the hunt for decepticons\or universe whatever that new line is called are coming out with bayformers activators, likely that will be your scaled bumblebee..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010