Walnuts' Flying Circus & Co.

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by walnuts, Feb 27, 2012.

1. walnuts

walnuts Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Firstly, a little background. When I was growing up as a wee little boy, throughout the late 80's-early 90's, I used to watch this show called the Transformers and loved it. Unfortunately, due to many unforseen circumstances, I was not allowed to indulge in this addiction of mine, and forgot about it....until about 2 years ago.

I was sitting there, in my room one day, utterly miserable. I was a 20 year old who'd just failed some classes at university, had no job, no money, no girlfriend, far too much weight and too few friends. Just didn't happen, I did nothing with myself except watch tv. My life had hit a dead end.

So, after coming to this realisation, I said to myself 'You need a hobby'. So, I peeled myself away off the couch and started searching for something to do. Then, one day whilst looking around on torrent sites, I saw the complete G1 Transformers comic collection, the Marvel ones. So, curious, I downloaded it...and life changed.

Long story short, Transformers turned my life around. It gave me a sense of purpose in this world that I had been lacking before, and it also prevented me from being so damn lazy and idle. Now, 2 years later, thanks to the wisdom of the Primes, I am now a university graduate, I have the most beautiful girlfriend on the planet and I hold a fantastic full time job. Everything since that time has been great, and I owe who and what I've become today to Transformers.

Every toy I buy is a reminder of how far I've come, so these toys mean a lot to me. I don't have many, but each and every one of them occupys a place in my heart.

Alright, enough of that sappy bullshit, on to the toys!

I apologise in advance for the photos, I know they're not the greatest. One day I'll sit down and take some proper photos with proper lighting etc, but these will do in the mean time. I hope you enjoy them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, I've got a bit of a fetish for flying Decepticons :p 

Got the three Masterpiece Seekers, the three custom made Masterpiece Coneheads (basically masterpiece seekers with new wings and heads...very lovely) as well as little old Red Alert and Tracks!

Also, this post asked me to add an attachment, so I attached a chart.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
  2. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very cool story, thanks for sharing that. Interesting choices in your collection. I like.

3. MasterxBlaster

MasterxBlaster THUGFORMER

News Credits:
    AWWWEEEESSOOOMMMEEE!!! Love your story bro and welcome to the FANDOM!! Transformers turned my life around too, from having spare cash to being BROKE wo0t!! Oh that isn't such a good thing huh?? LMFAO but i wouldn't want to do anything else with that spare cash! TF's hold so many memories to me, so this hobby is actually very therapeutic for me, and brings me GREAT joy also!!

Your collection is much more deeper then some numbers, you have some highly sort after figs!! Can't wait to see what you add in the coming years!

Cons were meant for the Air cus there sooooo FLY:thumbs2: :cool: 

4. walnuts

Thanks! I've always supported the 'little guy' in things I've watched, and Transformers is no different. Starscream is my pride and joy though, I love it to pieces :>!

Haha I love that analogy about the Cons! I've always been drawn to the flyers because let's face it, who WOULDN'T want to be a fighter jet? :D 

I've got some pretty pricey toys in there, but I've always been about quality over quantity, not that there is anything wrong with having a tonne of Transformers! However, with my limited budget, I tend to save up and get the top of the line toys. I mean, those 6 Seeker Jets have a combined value of over $1000, and that's money well spent as far as I am concerned, as I think they look nothing short of magnificent.

Looking to add some Transformers Prime figures to my collection in the coming months...unfortunately, Hasbro don't make it easy! It's always special edition this, gimmick that etc. Just release Transformer Prime toys and be done with it lol. But yeah, I think next on my hitlist will be Airachnid when she is finally released. Then, after that who knows!? All I know is that my wallet will be empty haha.

5. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Touching story and sweet collection man. Low in numbers but you have it where it counts, Red Alert FTW! Love the custom Coneheads

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is a really cool collection!

(Also, please see Rule #3 regarding the attachment removal)

7. Dark Neptune

Dark Neptune Autocon

Loved your inspirational background story.

Now you just need to post a pic of all 6 seekers and we're set.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    good for you man, tfs help people in all different sorts of ways. like the collection so far, don't think i could have restrained myself as much as you have in buying though,

9. skylinezan

skylinezan Well-Known Member

so that's the full story. it's a really touching one. how some "children plastic toys" that came from a cartoon show managed to actually turn an adult's life around, for the better.

it's great to know that you've finally found something to be the driving force in your life - Transformers (oh yes, your pretty girlfriend counts as a game changer too!)

btw, awesome collection man! I'm not into high-end collections, mainly due to finance constraints. in addition, with two eager and energetic boys who loves to play with daddy's toys, I'll just have to stick with regular toys... for the time being!

---

dear Hasbro and/or any movie director,

are you reading this story? does it fill your heart with pride?

then, make a movie out of it, will ya?

10. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool. Masterpiece FTW.

11. walnuts

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, really appreciated.

Decided on the next lot of toys that I'll be getting, the Fall of Cybertron line, starting with the magnificent Shockwave:

[​IMG]

I mean, that is just BEAUTIFUL, I have to have it. Might try and get Bruticus too, but it really depends on what the final colouring looks like. However, Shcokwave is a must get as far as I am concerned!

12. walnuts

Got myself a new addition to the family today: Wheeljack!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the terrible trio!

[​IMG]

13. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Neato! :)  MP FTW!