Walmarts return policy?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by iheartarcee, Aug 20, 2007.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

Do you have to have the whole packaging or just the part with the upc code and bars on it?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    From what I understand, you need the entire package.

3. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

Be within the return time (90 days unless specified) have the full package (everything there, inserts, instructions, ect) and the Receipt.

its best to have the receipt, its almost the sure-fire way to get your money back ro exchange it for something else. If not then some Associates, like me, go over everything to make sure that its all there. I love the days before the scamers didnt know me. There were many returns I denied from their antics (repackage figures with different or damaged toys) and they finally got wise and stopped.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    *remembers topic with "variant" blackout found*

Quite the return policy they have there....

5. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

The barcode is huge! I tried to exchange an identical electronics item that was purchased (and no longer carried) at Bestbuy and it wouldn't even scan at WM. This leads me to suspect they have their own codes from the vendors. You can probably get store credit if you break the return first and have the upc from walmart.

6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I am surprised you need all of that. From some of the packages I have seen at Walmart, I figured you could just return and empty box and get money.

7. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    A lot of the electronics sold at Walmart look exactly the same as those sold at other retailers, but they add or change a number in the model number. This is because the version sold at Walmart is cheaper (lower quality) in order to meet Walmart's price demands. What I mean is Walmart tells the manufacturers how much they are going to purchase items for. Thats why certain major electronics brands are missing from Walmart shelves. Those companies refuse to be bullied by the Walton family into compromising the integrity of their products. Same goes for a lot of other products you buy at Walmart...especially clothes. Just because it looks the same doesn't mean it is. You definitely get what you pay for.

8. iheartarcee

Ive returned a scuffed up psp case without any packaging and they just needed to find one they had in stock to scan the bar code and they let me get store credit. I just dont know if its the same for toys. There are some sticklers there at customer service and then there are some laid back people that let anything fly. I like the latter of the 2.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I would say MOST wal-mart employees dont follow any kind of policy as long as the box is there. I once took some Universe figures that I won directly from Hasbro (did not purchase them from any store, thus had no receipt) and Wal-mart accepted them for store credit. And these were Wave 1 figures, not even the same ones as on the shelf at the time.

(and I used that credit to buy 20th Prime :D )

10. iheartarcee

I think im just gonna have to try ebay or wait till its late at night and the people dont want to be there thus they dont care about what people are returning lol

11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not argueing with you as I don't know for sure about them "altering" the same exact product as Best Buy, but as far as the ones they don't carry, that's a mix of Wally world knowing that the product is too expensive for their target consumer, and also them not carryingsomething if a company won't sell it to them cheap enough. Which isn't actually bully tactics, just business.

12. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

You are completely and absolutely wrong. You may be told that by another retailer but there is absolutely no fact to it. I am speaking as a former Walmart manager. Walmart is cheaper because they buy bulk. Other retailers hate Walmart cause they are cheaper.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    QFT. One of my aunts Managed a Walmart once. I asked her why Walmart was able to sell stuff cheaper, and that's the answer I got. They buy in bulk.

14. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Yep. There is a similar rumor that their DVD's are made from lower quality materials and tend to break. Total BS.

15. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Then how come they have different model numbers? Because they are not exactly the same. The manufactures don't just decide "Hmmm...this one is selling at Walmart. They're special...let's give them a different model number even though it's exactly the same (insert product here)." That would be just plain stupid. This has nothing to do with hating Walmart. They are selling different models than other retail chains plain and simple. I'm not saying all products are this way, but there is a large number.

16. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Do you not ever consider say with TVs that a manufacturer makes several different model TVs that ALL look similar. Look at Phillips or RCA. When I got my 42 inch plasma, there are several from Phillips that look exactly alike. Also, if you notice with the tvs, Walmarts generally does not have has many bells and whistles.

In other words, they have different model numbers because THEY ARE DIFFERENT MODEL NUMBERS.

Look at the price difference in cell phones. An AT&T retail store is through the roof on prices compared to Walmart. Why is Walmart cheaper? They buy bulk and don't have to pay commission.

Back to the return policy. If you throw a big enough fit Walmart will take anything back. If that doesn't work, call there 1-800 number and then it will get fixed.

17. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Wal-marts here will take anything back except software, and game systems... and i mean ANYTHING back...and it doesnt have to even be from their store, ive returned things to wally that i have purchased from zellers, zellers wont take it back but wally never fails. Mind you, you get a gift card... but in truth im probably spending the money there anyway

18. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you bought something with a debit/credit card you don't need the reciept.

19. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

and thear was "variant" scorpy.

20. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    IDK, I returned an Energon Jetfire that I got sent to me from Hasbro to the TRU in Pittsburgh, and they took it without a fuss. Of course, I got a gift card, but my son found a TF he wanted while we were there.