WalMart's New Planogram for TFs

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Galvatro, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Galvatro

Galvatro Make mine Animated! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hello All!

I was talking to a friend of mine that informed me that WM has new planograms for the Christmas season. If I remember this correctly, and someone correct me if not correct, the new Deluxe peghooks will be for 6 Universe, 6 Animated, and 10 MOVIE!! It just seems a bit weird why Movie would take up more space than the other two.

While Animated will probably be 'the' hot seller for Christmas, I have to question the choice even with the PDQs that are in the aisles now. These PDQs have been put out so soon, one has to wonder if that will be enough to satisfy the demand. Out of the 3 that have been placed in my WM, 2 of the 3 are Movie stuff again :confused: ! Animated is getting shorted all the way around. I wonder if WM really knows what their doing given that most kids will want the 'hot' property and not more of the same. For example, the WM across the street from me has FABs on the pegs, FABs on one side of one PDQ, and stacked deep on the risers as well.

The only point that I have here is that WM seems to be making a huge mistake with all the Movie stuff and not making enough room for the new Animated toys :crazy: . I have kinda left out Universe a bit as it really has no cartoon support, so a kid will go to what they know- Animated...if there is any left :rolleyes: . Just some random observations of mine :2c: .

Galvatro

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not sure what to make of it all... my WMs, Targets, and TRUs here are ALL jam packed with pegwarming movie, Universe, and TFA.

Nothing seems to be selling very briskly at the moment. The current economic climate being a factor, perhaps?

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The ten deluxe movie pegs must include FABs, and that must be where all the leftover exclusives from the pallet will have to go.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Maybe where you are. Here, though, the Targets are almost totally picked clean. They do restocks, but the pegs are usually emptied in short order.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Come on down to Tampa... we're usually pretty picked through with only a few characters warming the pegs at my local Wally Worlds, Targets and TRU's. They restock, but stuff gets picked through again... only things that seem to not be moving are the Leaders and the Ultras.

6. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    You must be the exception then - cause I frequent two target and two walmarts in the area and they are ALWAYS picked clean it seems

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting... I figured the excess glut would be a bit more widespread.

In my local stores, things are literally falling off the pegs and shelves because there's so much crammed on.

8. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Well on the main page last week (Or maybe sooner than that),news was that Walmart is
    taking part in ROTF unlike the first movie,and I am sure because of that WM is getting
    ready for the movie next summer,after all its only 9 months away till then.And I'm sure
    WM is trying to get people ready,hence the $7.77 price for the all the deluxes.Plus its
    not said yet,but I expect WM to be getting way more Exclusives for this movie than
    the last one.As last time Target and TRU did,also Best Buy to got some.So I think we
    will see those "Only At Walmart" stickers on a lot of stuff come next summer.

9. PorkChopKB

PorkChopKB Bay Harbor Butcher

News Credits:
    I was just at my local WM and they had tons of everything. we picked up a animated blitzwing, tftm fracture, grindcore, jolt, and the autobot car.. don't remember the name. if it is like any big box store.. they will surely not have enough and there will be disappointed little boys and girls everywhere this xmas. santa is gonna have to whip them elves (sorry.. little people) into shape to meet the demands!