Walmart Vs. Every other toystore

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

I prefer other stores, as i frakking hate the way Wal Mart treats their employees, but they do store good toys.

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

For $7.77, yes, it's worth it. Walmart is probably the best option for in-store toys. TRU sucks...at least the one in my town does. Also, KB doesn't offer anything special with the exception of those Energon/Cybertron re-releases in Universe packaging. Kmart also blows, although they did have some Titaniums last year.

I don't believe in boycotting. I actually shake my head at TF collectors that refuse to enter a Walmart when the toys they're desperately looking for are stocked and at a lower price. Now, if you owned a small business and had to close it down because Walmart was taking away your customer base, or you or someone you know was an employee that was mistreated, then I can understand your refusal to shop there. But to be a total snob about it is just stupid. I've known collectors that'd rather pay 2x times the retail price as well as S&H for the same item than enter a Walmart because of their "boycotting".

If there was an actual toy store, or one that specialized in collectable action figures, in my area and it had a good selection, I'd go. But that isn't really the case. Therefore, Walmart is my only serious option outside of online shopping.

3. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

I've worked for Wal-Mart for 17 years and have never been treated badly. I go in, do my job to the best of my ability, then go home. I've been told a few times to try and do something better, but never in a bad way. Not seen any other associates treated what I would consider bad either. If they get in trouble for not doing their job, great! Means I won't have to go after them and do it for them.

4. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

Sorry if i insulted you, i keep reading about wal-marts treating employees poorly, and putting small stores out of business.

5. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Not mine. Come on, there is no way in hell that the one and only Prowl I bought - and didn't even bother to keep! - is the only good Prowl in existence. I've never seen this paint tackiness and I own or have owned all of the most notorious offenders.

I think you all made it up. :lol 

But seriously, quality control issues like this are not exclusive to one store chain or anything like that. Now, with figures that are specifically exclusive to Wal-Mart, I could see that being the case, but I have no reason to believe it myself. I had to hunt a bit to find a Bumblebee three-packed that looked okay, but that involved looking at just twelve to twenty out of how many thousands of sets produced? Real shitty sampling size, there.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    got prowl at walmart and very lucky...no bad paint apps. :) 

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Same quality as they are everywhere. Walmart: Cheaper FTW.

8. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

Silverstreak what do you do there, manager? I work at wal-mart too but it the same way everywhere else. I get treated like crap by some managers and some managers I get along with really well. However the ones who treat their employees badly aren't the high up ones. I had it much worse at the car wash I worked at a couple years ago.

9. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Actually, I read somewhere that they do use sub-par electronics from major companies to keep their cost low on certain items. I could see how someone could think that would translate over to toys as well.

On topic, I shop at WM all the time. As someone else said, there are so many of them in my area there isn't really a choice but to go there. My local ones suck at getting the exclusives, though. I've yet to see a BB three pack or any of the recent Movie exclusives.

10. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

True, However we are not talking about that, we are talking about transformers.

Also I doubt SONY makes cheaper versions of the PS3 for Wal*Mart...DvDs I think maybe. The one's in the $5 bin usually look cheaper. Of course it could just be because they are older.

11. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

I think 7.77 dollars would be good enough for me.

12. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I noticed today that target deluxe figures is at 8 dollars. I dont know how long that has been going on for but I would assume they've seen losses since Walmart lowered their prices..

13. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

Heh, well look at what if done... as for the Prowel issue I know that its rare for the paint to peel (ive had mine for a couple months and no paint problem) and for those whom are saying if you shop at any store you are bound to find problems (you know who you are... I Think) not really becuse of were I live there is a big option for buying toys infact I have a KB toys a mile away a Walmart a mile away and a Target a couple miles away ... and Toys R Us is like.. on the other side of town.. its a hassle but when I go in there, there is always awsome transformers but anyway. Yeah so keep the discussion going :D