Walmart Vs. Every other toystore

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Oct 24, 2008.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Hey People on Tfw Question. When you buy toys at walmart (if you do) have you ever noticed like random parts are a lil screwier than usuall. (hasbro makes mistakes... it happens) I mean yeah Wal-mart is selling Deluxe toys for like... $7.77 its amazeing but is it worth paying $7.77 for a toy that is most likely already broken.

Ex: My friend Chris Buys Universe/Classics Prowl well it turns out his paint comes off if you touch it... My animated Swoop one of his wings has either to mutch plastic or not enough ...

Is Wal-Mart buying Hasbro's bad batches of toys or is it just me :D  whats your opinon TFW

2. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    with Prowl that was just the way he was from everywhere and I bought Swoop from WM and its perfect

personally I think WM is the easiest place to go but that could be because its the only place that has Universe Deluxes around here except for KB Toys

but to answer your question no I dont think WM buys the crappy batches shite happens

3. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    As for Swoop, if you're talking about the wing joints by the shoulder blades where one side is covered and the other is open, that's by design.

I don't think Wal-Mart is any better or worse than any other store. They all get bad batches from time to time. My Acid Storm from Kohl's had a loose screw in the arm (easy fix but still).

4. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Eh. Well that was just something I noticed reciently

5. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Not really sure but I know I got a Big Daddy recently with 2 left legs and a Sideswipe with 2 right ankles. My Prowl came from Fred Meyers I think and I never had this paint problem everyone seems to be talking about

6. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    I only get things at Wal*Mart if absolutely necessary. That said, I haven't bought but about 5 TFs from there this year (out of 50-ish).

I could care less about the QC, its the same everywhere. I just try and support WM as little as possible given that they're obv. run by The Capitalist Decepticons (I will give someone a cookie for making a decent shop of capitalist megatron).

7. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have bought most of my TF from walmart and they are fine. now some i have seen there have been a bit messed up . not sure if they were returned or came that way.

8. Rhask

Rhask Member

I have noticed this myself. I think it is from Walmarts way of non intentionally bullying suppliers due to its computer system. Imaging a busy week at work. That would probably be a month of work to fill a Walmart order for some of these companies.

Much of making toys is automated but there is still quite a bit of hands on work that can slow things down. Plus lettting a machine run as fast as it can non-stop is never good for quality.

Walmart has the right idea, it will take awhile for every industry to catch up to it.

9. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

Low prices, low quality. Don't buy from Wal-Mart. :wink: 

10. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

The transformers come from the same place as all of them. I have bout most of my collection from Wal-Mart. I choose them over others cause I get an employee discount. Now so far out of my whole collection, I've had to return two figures. I had to return a Sentinal Prime to KB Toys, chest scratched up badly and a legends Starscream to walmart for a bad logo. Now the only thing I can possibly say against walmart is that some employees don't care. Mainly the unloaders. Stuff falls all the time and then they throw the boxes around.

11. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ever since the new universe toys have been coming out ive bought all of mine from walmart, i think the only toys ive bought recently that didnt come from walmart were an Alternators Ricochet and a Super Sideburn from a comic shop in town and every toy ive gotten from walmart has been in perfect condition.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Never noticed any real differences in toys based on what store I get them from. On rare occasion I'll see one store might be more likely to have a toy with a running change or improvement implemented, due to the foibles of the timing of retail ordering.

13. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    KMart wins

Fatality

Seriously, Wal-Mart isn't even in my country. This is probably a good thing...

14. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

all I have around me is a Walmart. I really prefer to go elsewhere, but I don't have much choice, unless i want to travel for an hour and a half.

15. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oddly, Toys R Us and KB Toys have less of a selection than almost all of the Wal Marts I've been to, and they are supposed to be TOY STORES. If someone boycotts Wal Mart, that's fine and that's their decision. Just be aware that if you're a TF collector then you'll be missing out on some great exclusives (getting them aftermarket is still getting Wal Mart paid for exclusives, so no excuses there).

I actually prefer to go to Wal mart for my TF fix. The WM's here are so much better than TrU or Target for selection that I can do almost all of my hunting in one place. Sure other stores get exclusives, but they're more hit-or-miss on finding them. My local KMart hasn't had the Minicons (had to go to an out of state one to find them) and TrU hasn't had WWI Grimlock or Prowl. I'm almost sick of checking! WalMart has had BB 3 Pks. movie excl. deluxes, wave 4 TF:A and new Universe well-stocked for weeks now.

When it comes down to it, the "evil giant" Wal Mart is my favorite place for TF's.

WM>Target>TrU>KMart>KB

BTW- I work in the logistics office for a company that provides for Wal Mart, and they really ARE dicks to deal with.

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

A simple answer, NO. Hasbro doesn't make a cheaper version to send to walmart. That is ridiculous to even think that. It's HASBROS QC that is the problem. All stores get their Transformer stock from Hasbro's warehouses.

17. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is no difference in the toys shipped to Walmart, to Target, to TRU, to Hasbrotoyshop, to BBTS, etc. They all come from the same warehouse.

The box handlers may be different, but every place is going to have crappy workers. But the way they're shipped, and the way the toy is packaged, the only damage that can reasonably occur with that is damage to the packaging. If it's so bad the packaging is entirely crushed, you'll obviously be able to tell if they try to put it on the shelves.

If it seems Wally toys are of a "lesser quality", it's honestly probably because you're buying MORE of them there. If you bought all your toys at Target and only Target for a while, you'd notice the same amount of flaws.

18. kingnothing80

kingnothing80 Well-Known Member

I've always found it silly how Walmart, the place that you just think of as having a little of everything, usually has a better selection of a few of the big name toy lines. You're absolutely right. If I go into TRU, I'd expect to find a much better selection of any toy. Of course, looking back to the late 80's/early 90's, I think the Kiddie City(became)TRU in my area had 1000X better selection back then. I understand the reasons why, just sayin.

And yeah, studying the logistics/support of business system giants like Walmart, McDonalds, Amazon, and a few others as I've been doing for the past year, I've heard the horror stories about how ruthless Walmart is to it's suppliers about talking down that price so it can be what it is in store. You sir, have my respect. :thumbs2: 

19. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I only shop at Wal-Mart...for everything.

I need the validation that the Store Greeter gives me. If there isn't one at the door, I won't go in.

Sometimes I give them a quick hug, go back out and do it again. Then we discuss how the liberal media is destroying this great country of ours and OH how we laugh and laugh.

I buy my toys and leave through the garden center. The Store Greeters see me come in, but never see me leave. They're convinced I'm a wizard and they would be right.

20. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is my favorite post I've read in a while on these boards.